The Ultra Inevitable Street Fighter V Story Thread

Don’t give them ideas LOL

The will of Shadaloo extends beyond this universe, and into many others.

7 Likes

That’s for SF6 will be getting Edge Lord Sakura instead lol.

Tbh, I don’t mind Violent Ken for nintendo switch re-release and port of SF4, using available resources by converting costumes to real characters or editing what in the game already in, they can incorporate Mecha Gief, Fallen Balrog, Cyber Akuma, Urien, Gill, Haggar, Shadow Lady, other dolls and etc version.

Or used 3ds models from other games like SF5 for Karin, Alex(classic), Mika, Birdie(classic) and Nash(classic). Or some SF from MVC3 or TVC like Haggar.

Or even incorporating classic/nostalgia stages from SFV to SF4 switch port.

SFV deserve better. Than edge lord characters.

Everything felt tone deaf to me, especially his comments on the netcode, which is ass. If that’s Capcom’s idea of “good”, then SF6 is fucked.

2 Likes

That’s exactly how I feel about the game right now.

Until I see other wise, I’m going to assume the netcode for any Japanese game will be ass. Which isn’t that big of a deal for me usually because I play a lot of JRPGs but for fighters netcode is key. Ever since NRS literally rebuilt MKX’s netcode from scratch after the games release, I’ve found any excuse for not improving a games net code to be bullshit.

4 Likes

Which is why Ono and Capcom shouldn’t be coddled so much. I fail to see why he considers the netcode to be something they fixed - in fact I actually think it is worse now than before. The complaints are still there, so its not like there’s a lack of critique and Capcom just doesnt know that it aint good, they’re just choosing to not address the HUGE elephant in the room. We’ll see how this new tournament mode does, but with the netcode the game has at the moment, it aint gonna be pretty

Ono isn’t being coddled. If had a dollar for every “netcode” tweet sent to his account. I could retire a very rich man.

2 Likes

100% agreed on the netcode.

MK is now the gold standard as far as responding to netcode issues.

SF is the brown standard

2 Likes

Talk about a stretch

Party pooper.

Haters of edge lord characters and clones will hate anything, regardless Capcom did the better and wonderful job with Kage undeniably rather than edgelord clone like SF4 Evil Ryu or both Evil Ryu and VKen in USF2 that messed up and make their vanila counterparts almost obsolete.

Kage brings diversity and his not a clone his infact more different than Oni. His not a clone unlike Oni his just an edgelord character. Kage is along Decapre creativity both played differently but were judge visually and not by gameplay standards.

Kage is average and unique unlike any other edge lord out there. Kage is the best win win situation for both edge lord character fans and capcom.

Me I’ll rather had more background characters from Final Fight and SF1 to be in-game characters rather than edge lords and clone, like Tom, Lee, Retsu and a bunch of Delta Red Characters but I know where Capcom is coming and understand the way why it needs to be in every fighting games. Fighting games always been having a edgelord or another variant of their popular characters not just Capcom but others also.

KAGE is profit wise that caters to edgelord fans, diverse than any clone, gameplay wise than any clone and also storywise that would end the SNH issues Ryu had been to be in a clean state in SF3.

Edgelord and clone are essential to fighting games. So coming up with Kage is brilliant job by Capcom than what was done before or having Evil Ryu, VKen or having a powered up version of another character with entirely different pallete base. Kage isn’t those.

In the 90s Iori and Leona didn’t have so much negativity compare to Evil Ryu and Shin Akuma why? Because they weren’t just pallete swap, that cause a bad impression over Capcom but SNK didn’t had that issues.

Kage isn’t a powered up version of another character with differant darker shades of pallete. His an independent character compare to any edgelord characters.

images%20(62)

Even Rasetmaru which clearly a clone is still given appreciation for just having a different stance.

download%20(7)

Even Namco always had their edgelord character present in their modern games, but people doesn’t really bother so much compare to what Capcom had been because of the negative impresion. Yet Capcom had done a better job with Kage than the previous clone characters.

Don’t even get me started with MK Ninjas.

Or wait how about Dragon ball.

t1FvSds

…or maybe just edgelords and clones.

But DEFINITELY edgelord clones.

…the evil ghost inside Ryu’s head that looks just like him?

I mean his not a clone gameplay wise, he can’t play Ryu’s gameplan compare to Oni, Evil Ryu, Violent Ken and Akuma.

Another positive of him is being storywise he end up the cycle of recurring Evil Ryu slot for future titles for good. I don’t mind him replacing Evil Ryu permanently. Why? Because Evil Ryu made Ryu obsolete.

Necali was supposed to be the better version and replacement for SF4 Evil Ryu but you know edge lord fanboys, Necali didn’t win their hearts because that lack of shoto in the character and it’d not about a hidden rage, so Kage was the least better thing they can have.

I mean followers of those are into those characters because they believe it’s angry version or not holding back. They play Kage because of the movement and animation looking like it’s in rage version of a character even it would do poorly than the vanilla counter part. So Kage is discount Evil Ryu without Ryu’s gameplan.

It’s kinda teen angst, trouble teen, internal struggle and etc. His fucking thirties Lol

Yet I agree that the best solution of course having an alternate costume for Ryu as Evil Ryu.

• with different sounds

• Purple projectile Color

• Unique intro and victory animation, like teleporting/asura warp as an intro and a start up animation of raging demon towards the screen as a win pose. So those moves are still visible even not usable.

• A whole new set of win quotes

A combination of ideas from recent alt costumes from SFV and the latest KOF.

Me I always wanted Ryu to seperate away from SNH, I don’t want to see him transforming like Devil Jin. His matured enough.

Ryu being like Jin is meh and trash. I never likes Jin, I like Kazuya but Ryu having it as a controlled power up form is still meh.

Ryu being like Terry is better. SF3 Ryu is more like Terry. This is why Terry is the better written protoganist no poor cliche parental issues, saving the world or etc, his the most matured that is focus on reacting to current events that needs immediate action rather than having wide scale causes like having comicboom superhero motivation of protecting the innocent and saving the world, and his better version of SNK FG protoganist up to date compare to Kyo or etc.

I wouldn’t mind Ryu also being like Siegfied trying to destroy Nightmare as he thinks it is his responsibility to destroy it, rather than having it as a powerup version in him that is attach to him.

Mortal Kombat guest characters in SFV???

If this were true who would you want?..

Nobody.
MK does’nt fit SF style

KoF, Tekken ok, maybe VF or DoA

And even better than these just give us more SF (or from FF) characters, as Capcom is full of good characters many of wich will never reach SFV

3 Likes

Johhny, Sonya, Jade, Liu Kang, Sub-Zero, Rain, Raiden, Jax would fit fine, just remove the more violent elements

5 Likes

Agree Mk and SF can work but it would be like Killer instinct or Injustice. The remòval of MK gore probably makes the franchise less appreciated and adding MK gore like to SF isn’t something SF character vibe fits.

3 Likes

Honestly, it’s the violence of MK that won’t fit. A good deal of the characters would. The outworld characters would be a no go but the rest should fit fine.

2 Likes

The sacrifice and adjustment part should be with NRS for losing the selling point and core appeal of their franchise to fit-in SF characters. A deal that they wouldn’t gamble or risk.