The Ultra Inevitable Street Fighter V Story Thread

You know we got very different view on G/Q on so many things, but i have to compliment you for the quality of the vid, great work

G is awesome
I hope Capcom give us a proper development of him before SFV die

4 Likes

The message I am making here is rather irrelevant and potentially off-topic in regards to SFV. But, look at the tweet below:

https://twitter.com/PyronIkari/status/1191553446438002688?s=20

This is some borderline anime shit right here.

4 Likes

Thanks for the kind words dude! Much appreciated!

Thanks man, I appreciate that!

Agreed. I’m still hoping for something good near the end of the year. G is too good, I hope he gets a chance to shine before SF5 is on its last legs.

1 Like

So I was reading some articles and learned about the Alphabet System. The AS was what US President Roosevelt put in place to deal with unemployment as part of his New Deal during the Great Depression. Given how G may have a “Alphabet Company” and has allusions to past US Presidents then maybe there’s a link between the two.

3 Likes

https://twitter.com/RenzoAdler/status/1169597066512949248

6 Likes

I like that picture but it always bugged me how it had muliple versions of the same character…

2 Likes

I never thought the picture was exclusivity playable characters. Lot of notable supplementary characters there.

4 Likes

Well, that (great) pic include fuckton of npc, and Capcom for some “newcomers” gone to fish there

Will like them to sneak in Tom in final season, specially if they add Gill too… SFV still is perfect place to show their fight, and could serve as Alex “prequel” to sf3 events

Ever liked the design of Ibuki’s intro male ninja too, as remind me Shoma, my fav RS design… but we got already 3 Ninjutsu rep, 4 of we want to count Zeku twice :smiley:

Hope you people will enjoy Nov/Dec update and characters because

@Phantom_Miria :smiley:

3 Likes

What’s not mentioned here is the assurance for support of SF5 for years to come.

The Olympics is an incredible opportunity for Capcom and the series to shine. Exciting times.

1 Like

The fact that he think the netcode is where it needs to be, doesn’t bode well for SF6… smh

Kind of interested in why the olympics chose sf as their fighting game instead of tekke

From what I remember reading, the games chosen were easier to understand and parse from a casual non-gaming perspective. Though I really can’t remember where I read that, sorry.

Don’t watch number of sales, that’s more an indicator of popularity between gamers, of a specific chapter (SFV/T7) while at it

To people on general SF will ever be the most iconic/recognizable fight game

1 Like

Coincidentally, karate will be at the summer olympics for the 1st time ever in Tokyo 2020 as well!!!

Yeah, probably a readability/recognition issue. People who have never played a game can look at Street Fighter and know it’s that game from the 80s with Ryu and Chun-Li in it. Tekken is popular, but not really iconic outside of gaming, and it isn’t as clear what people are doing in terms of side stepping and what not.

5 Likes

Costume and stages along with DLC characters really did sold SFV, but the problem is it isn’t doing we’ll as how SF4 had been in hype aspect.

I know SF4 had issues but the appeal and hype it had were much bigger. Im not talking about gameplay here.

Simply put, Tekken has better sales but SF has better worldwide brand recognition

5 Likes

Also when Zangief fights Dhalsim you don’t need to know the game to figure which character wants to fight up-close and which one wants to keep away, and you can follow the action just with that. Tekken may have its strategies but they are not that readily apparent for a non-player.

5 Likes

Tbh i’m not as optimistic
I don’t care much for the esport part and i hope to get SFV updated as much as possible

For now my only 2 hopes are that i will like last characters and to get some new mechanic/stuff (CA2 pls)

For both seem i have to bet on Nov/Dec update, then things will get stale for a long period

My most optimistic scenario

Nov- 2 char i actually like, closure of S4
Dec- spicy update + 1 char (wich will mean a S5 of chars exist, even if we will have to wait like in 2019)