The Ultra Inevitable Street Fighter V Story Thread

Capcom should make Street Fighter Zero 4.

It will combine all of the characters from Third Strike, Ultra SF4, and SF5 Arcade Edition!!!

And, it will have variations of said characters. So, if you want to use Third Strike Ryu instead of SF5 Arcade Edition Ryu then have at it!!!

Then we can get Gill VS Seth and so forth…

You might as well just go for “EVERYONE IS HERE!” then, because you’re only missing, like, a half dozen characters from the entire franchise at that point.

You’d only be missing:
Sodom
Eagle
Maki
Retsu
Lee
Joe
Geki

Not really counting Juni, Juli, Mike or Ingrid, cause, none of them need to come back…and Joe and Geki are kinda on the fence.

2 Likes

I don’t get why people want Alpha 4. That story is over and done with.

Might as well go full dreamcast, come up with some silly time warping boss (bum ass Ingrid could do it) and give them grooves.

Put all the characters in, we’ll play it for 30 years, you don’t have to make silly mainline games for it.

10 Likes

Alpha system but not story. Just a dream match

3 Likes

Yeah, it’d have to be grooves.

SF2 groove is probably the hardest to make sense unless you give it wacky shit like untechable throws and whatnots. Ever since we had that convo about the hypothetical dream match game with grooves based on series, I’ll think about what each groove would have to bring to the table.

SF4 or Alpha would end up being the best I think. You have to give Alpha groove dumb ass air blocking because they added that to the game. Air blocking gotta be one of the top 10 dumbest mechanics to add to a street fighter game. Dudes jump, you DP, they block it in the air.

:man_facepalming:

4 Likes

They should do a modified air block. I.e where the move originated from. Dp/Flash starts off on ground so cant be block. But air hurricane started in the air and its air to air so can be blocked.

I always in for a dreammatch. Like it was alway my prefered topic or either starting it.

With the endings to be just flashback of their stories like SFV AE did.

I like CVS2 groove better than SFA3 ISM.

I agree we don’t need Alpha 4. You don’t even need time travel. Do it with no main plot like KoF or have this be an excuse via Ken telling Mel the history of the fighters he’s heard about and encountered then have some line like “who’d win vs who, dad?”

Bam. Easy. Whole plot from there is just a kid taking info and stories from his dad and imagining what the fights would be like.

Or replace the Masters family scenario with Menat talking to Rose.

Nah, you story nerds need some silly nonsense to tie things together. Nobody is gonna buy some dad talking to his son.

4 Likes

Plot: The whole game is a teenage girl’s fan fiction, said girl is revealed to be Ingrid if you get a perfect on every match.

Aliens from planet Jupiter have invaded Earth, they threaten to blow the world up and enslave mankind unless the planet can give them some good ass tournament fighting for their viewing pleasure. The World Warrior then have banded together to save the Earth from the alien invaders in the greatest Street Fighter tournament ever.

It’s kinda similar to Space Jam’s plot, and in my opinion Space Jam is the greatest movie since Citizen Kane, so it should work well!

6 Likes

One day Ryu was sailing on a boat when suddenly there was a storm. Ryu fell into the sea and lost consciousness. When we woke up he was on a strange island with every single street fighter eeeveerrr also there. “The only way to escape,” said the windfish "is to find out fight who is the best at street fighting.

That should be ok, no?

3 Likes

Depends…

Is Ingrid a playable character?

Windfish isnt that fked up… so no, no ingrid

2 Likes

I was gonna go with Q strolling through the destroyed Shadaloo base, sneezing in the midst of Bison’s dandruff and ashes and accidentally summoning a time travelling Dr Who-like Ono, but the above are superior tales.

Leaked image of the windfish:

Summary

images

1 Like

10/10 game, reserved it at gamestop already.

2 Likes

This

Next SF should work at same time as SF3 “reboot” and SF3 sequel

All while NOT cutting old school SF2 cast (some may go, most should stay), but giving them similar timeskip design treatment as the one they got for SFV

2 Likes

I have said before something like just flashback endings for teams.

Like if you team up with Ryu and Birdie as palying to a semi arcade mode. You get Ryu and Birdie as an ending alike from their SF1 endings in SFVAE.

If you choose Ryu and Ken you get their alpha 2 ending.

If 3v3 the picked was sakura dan and blanka so you get their endings from SF4 combined in one ending.

If the team is sakura ryu and ken you get the alpha ending combined.

The default boss is still Bison or divided jnto two paths like the other boss is Gill, but there are unlockable bosses like Akuma.

So no team defeating Bison as an ending other than showing canon ending base on history of the paired and teamed characters.

@Pertho
So it’s a dreammatch other than retelling teamed characters history so no need for plots and what if endings. Same that Arcade mode did with SF5 but rather than per title it’s by teams.

So characters like Ryu had multiple endings because of multiple team that he can involve and be paired. Like pairing Ryu with Bison and Sagat well have alpha2 and alpha3 ending mix together as a single ending.

keep it sort of like CvS2.

Do some silly shit like super Evil Oro and Dan’s Dad and whatnots.

Then make sure that all the win quotes are in Japanese so DoctrineDark and Midgarstorm have something to do.

5 Likes