The Ultra Inevitable Street Fighter V Story Thread

Megaman should be the exception and be the separate one because it is a bigger and a giant franchise of it’s own and had spans of numerous different Megaman and X version not just from different parallel.

I would like Megaman cameos in SF as it was a video game not some sort of a far future events.

I prefer games like those of strider, sf2010, cap commando, battle circuit happened having far from each other like a millenia or century so there wouldn’t be any complications.

Some can do work with a decade or even in the same timeline like Captain Commando and Battle Circuits since both are dealing with different enemies with different coverage and intention. So no major conflict their.

Strider and Sf2010 can have conflicts om their own.

Forgotten worlds can work with either strider or SF2010 because they work in a different area.

Street Fighter 2010 should just be a game show that the masters foundation laid out and then immediately regretted kinda like capcom and sf legends chunli. LOL. “ken” would just be some lame actor and would be capcoms version of johnny cage. Hes story could be hes sick of his reputation as a lame actor/ “that guy from that fail tv show” and is trying to earn his respect by winning something.

7 Likes

The Udon short story regarding SF 2010 is kinda cool, there it is a videogame that Ken sold his likeness for, the game spent years in delevopment hell and when it came up (turned out a bad game of course) it shows actual Ken and Mel playing it like "weeell watcha gonna do":man_shrugging:t2:.

6 Likes

All of the Megaman series except Battle Network and Star Force are in the same timeline so it would never work out. Keep in mind that humans as we know them are extinct by the end of the timeline

1 Like

Still they share same universe (wich was the point being made), even if Capcom have not the rights to use the characters

There are at least 5-6 links between Slammasters and SF or FF (so still SF) world

And still Capcom did some agreement with Arika to recognize them, even to the point of have a SFEXer interact (even if invisible) with SFV ASF story

Capcom even had them in the poll of characters fans wanted to see

If we must speak about “canon” universe (not meaning they can be used by Capcom) SFEX cast sit more or less on same bench of Slammasters cast as we speak

They can’t be used or showed, but is recognized their existence

3 Likes

That one i think ever been black guy ingame, as far i can remember he never got the Birdie treatment :smiley:

Uh…and who exactly would own them if not Capcom? This isn’t, like, a Strider situation where there was a manga coming out at the same time and the manga author shares rights.

Also, pretty sure I’ve seen that Haggar guy in a few other places…

I mean that Megaman should not happen within another franchise title because it a huge franchise of it’s own with multiple clone of zero and x. If in SF it should had been just a video game other than that not a future event.

I actually dug that story and it spurred the idea that Ken has some sort of production company so SF2010, Captain Commando and other things are fictional stories he made to entertain Mel.

If you look at it, in some of Ken’s alts doesn’t he have the cowboy + Star belt buckle look? In the Captain Commando manga, he’s a zillionaire martial artist orphan who wants to fight evil for the sake of justice and his rival best friend is a wandering ninja heir and it all takes place in Metro city.

In recent SF4, SF5 and SFxT content there’s a tokusatsu character named Battle Warrior Bokori Man and Ken has his costume as an alt and even asks Lars if he’s cosplaying him. Blanka or Sakura’s SFV arcade ending even have them watching the show.

With all this, I can easily see Capcom having fun and having a Captain Commando show be a show within the SF universe that Ken made for Mel based off of the events, friends and foes he’s faced. (“I can’t base this too closely on me, hmm…I’ve got it, instead of a rich boy from San Francisco, he’ll be a rich orphan boy from Metro city!” etc, lather, rinse repeat.

I love Captain Commando, but I’d honestly prefer this approach or having it be an alternate universe or something. That way, you give the series freedom without having to tie it too much to street fighter lore and the “future” of street fighter doesn’t have millions of aliens running around. Having it just in “a” metro city, but not the Metro city will be fine. Lots of fictional properties use a Metro City name, I think even Astro boy might have?

Either way, I think with the Strider in SF5 connection it could go towards a reboot, or this is a fun reference. I’m not sure where they’ll take it.

With Capcom already being comfortable retconning and altering events in SF, I think we can expect some retcons going forward if they indeed are bringing back certain old properties that need dusting off.

Isn’t the Slammasters thing a rumour? They keep being referenced. Black Widow, Biff and Gunloc were referenced in SF3 and SFV’s profiles. If they’re completely barred then even a vague reference could stir trouble. I thought they were just drawn by a legendary manga artist (HNK) and not owned by him.

1 Like

Are they just hinted but not mentioned in cfn profiles? Correct me if I am wrong.

Strider in SF5 is safe and wont complicate SF because it could have been a far millenia or numerous century in distance of the event.

As someone who grew up with Astro Boy, yeah it was in Metro City. Though Astroboy and other early mecha like Casshern and Tetsujin has more influence in Megaman really.

2 Likes

I don’t think there’s any alternate version of Zero and X, unless you’re thinking of Copy X and Omega that is.

2 Likes

He’s under the impression Capcom doesn’t own them because the characters were designed by Tetsuo Hara, creator of Fist of the North Star. Work for hire is a thing in Japan.

2 Likes

Yes that what I was talking about with the span of games that there is a copy of X the villain.

Romero needs a break, I’m tagging in Terry Bogard.

8 Likes

Probably an olympic celebration thingy.

They said it’s the “tournament edition” logo, maybe it will start when we get this in december?

Maybe instead get “SuperSFV” they will call it SFV:TE as next phase after SFV:AE

2 Likes

Solid speculation!
Hopeful thats the case.

Probably some kind of olympic gimic will be happening, but not something of the expansion with new season of characters towards 2024.

I mean other ways to earn FM, a new event like having badge for participating that gives people rewards FMs.

Wait Kira dummy account will put that in his twitter and claim that he mentioned it and believe he will fool people because he dumb.

Probably even his supporter laugh at his gimmicks behind his back for obvious dumb approach that he though that can fool people.