The Ultra Inevitable Street Fighter V Story Thread

Now i’m curious to see wich is the story behind other SF2 stages… we got Guile one being Top Gun inspired, but others may have a cool story too

Iirc Honda got the stomp that works on ground :smiley:

1 Like

Stomp and Nadeshiko when you CC somebody with Mika’s sweep.

1 Like

Those stages was pointed out twice or more in several threads not just srk before it spread online.

There is also Cammy, THawk, Blanka, Ryu, Bison, Sagat, Balrog, Chun, Fei Stage and etc was pointed out also more of an actual location but not a movie.

The one that is more character inspired were Honda, Sim and the rest were generic like Guile unless were including Top Gun.

As for Red Bull costumes it’s obviously coming like the classic and season costumes like haloween and christmas. Those were sponsored and deals.

Ah, that actually makes a lot of sense.

More I look at the image the more I like pretty much all of them. Everyone wears the outfit just SLIGHTLY different.

3 Likes

In some cases the characterization is just so spot on lol, i like it

I loved the personalization on Ryu, Sagat, Abigail, Sakura, G, Kolin, Ibuki, Poison, Honda…
Ken should have gone sleeveless, Will have looked a bit like sf4 training One

I’m curious to see alt colors, example a red One with yellow details can look great on Gief or Chun

In many other feel flat/boring af but again, are free costumes, so whatever can’t complain

Oro is going to look bizzarre with that lol

Menat is like “fuck these pants, thigh highs for life bitches!”

4 Likes

Intel 2020 tournament

:smiley:
Yeah, tbh they did a very good work at re-adjust a simple concept made of few pieces to fit 40 different designs… In many cases they nailed It, but is just incompatibile with the char itself

Like all “ancient”/mystic themed characters will look ridicolous in tracksuit no matter what lol

Was thinking… Ryu’s #2 color looks tailor made for him: white base, red elements, black stripes

Will be cool if these alts have even just 2 colors but 2nd is personalized for everyone
Will take that over 10 generic universal ones

Wait what you just starting to know the importance of iconic color palette, lol while you were hardy debating your terrible wishlist to Ken and ditching Ken iconic color before lol, and said fuck ken fans because of modern trends lol.

Ryu being white is the default color of karate protoganist in video games and even in movies in the 80s for example like Karateka.

1 Like

Urien: “Let us play a game… A game… of absolute VIOLENCE!”

12 Likes

Who’s ready for karate being in the summer olympics for the 1st time ever at Tokyo 2020!!!

Maybe the grand finals can be in some Street Fighter (video game) inspired venue!!!

The Mortal Kombat 1 (1992) tournament is a ripoff of the tournament in the Master of the Flying Guillotine.

The tournament host/master (guy in black clothes on the right in the pic) resembles Shang Tsung:

Tell me that the below person does not look like Raiden (with the hat):

Chun Li rips off Angela Mao

1 Like

70s kung fu movies were the first inspiration for anime shounen fight scenes so no wonder how everyone influences each other.
Yet Kung fu movies are the that popularized bizzarre moves.

Take note also some even speculate that Dhalsim was inspired from this guy.

Yet who knows…

Raiden and Shang Tsung has been linked also to some characters in Big trouble in little China.

Where’s the jacket?!

The flipped up collar ties the whole thing together!

Will have been cool if they associated a Olympic discipline for each char

Fun thing Urien’s fight style was one in ancient olympic games

Urien Is allowing all these layers to exist only to burn them in the intro anyway lol

1 Like

Urien: “AHA!!”

Urien: “I have encountered the perfect candidate to show my strength! ACKNOWLEDGE ME, SRK! I am your lord and your god and you will FEAR ME! CRUSH! KILL! DESTROY!”

Serious note. I haven’t been here in a minute. Quite a bit has happened on Street Fighter V… and many other fighting games since I last posted here. So, now will probably be a good time to get back in the grove and start hanging out again.

EDIT: Spoiler tags work funny here.

2 Likes

Lucia ended up being a pretty cool new addition to the cast, you should check her out.

6 Likes

Saw quite a few matches and some tournament stuff.

K’ from KOF was my immediate thought process. I know Lucia is rather strong as far as the tiers go. What is the consensus behind E.Honda and Poison? I know the latter might be okay but has some hitbox dissonance issues.

Poison’s hitboxes issue is probably just the fact that you can hit her whip like you can hit Falke’s staff or Dhalsim’s limbs (not really an issue in my opinion, just a trait of long limbed characters). Aside from that I think she’s kinda considered the weakest out of the three because she lacks defensive options and defensive play is not encouraged in this game, but not everything is bad and I think she was actually used a little in SF League.

Honda hasn’t showed up a lot in tournaments yet but I hear that many people think he’s fairly strong and annoying, just not strong enough to beat the currently established top tiers though.

2 Likes

Wasn’t Gill+Urien’s mum a famous Olympic athlete in the first place? I remember seeing bios with that information featured.