The Ultra Inevitable Street Fighter V Story Thread

Play me in Hyper Fighting you coward.

6 Likes

I think you accidentally copied Ed’s quote to Zeku in FANG’s section. His in the wiki is

• “I must admit, I am curious about your techniques. Yes, yes, this warrants further study…”

But still, thank you for all of your work with this.

4 Likes

Thanks for the catch. Had a feeling I made some errors somewhere.

3 Likes

Huge work, bravo

2 Likes

Huuum, I don’t really remember…
But did Nash and Fallen Balrog/Vega worked together in Cannon Spike? I really don’t remember…

3 Likes

Hope they do a Fallen Claw costume at some point!

2 Likes

Been wanting that since before, I think the only thing holding them beck there was because it was two clawed but they can do a single one instead.

To some extent they did, Necalli Battle one seem partially inspired on it

Cameos left i can think

• Cannon Spike Vega
  • Teppen Ryu
  • Mech Akuma
  • Final Fight 2 Guile
  • FF Streetwise Cammy

I can do a list of missing nostalgia ones, but will be endless lol

New (to me at least) fun thing
image image
image image

https://twitter.com/DennisZopfi/status/975425550784303104?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^975425550784303104&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.complex.com%2Fpop-culture%2F2018%2F03%2Fevidence-street-fighter-ii-2-ripped-off-70s-charles-bronson-movie

5 Likes

At the end the 3 redbull ones Kira leaked for Sagat/Honda/Lucia were just “redbull colors”, not actual costumes like hip hop Ryu and hooker Chun Li

Wich i’m kinda grateful considering hip hop Ryu and hooker Chun Li LOL

Ono more or less confirm big reveals for Nov-Dec

Plus, this set of free costumes for ALL characters in december

It’s a bit a boring alt but it’s free and some actually wear it very well lol

6 Likes

Yeah, it actually looks pretty good on some of the characters.

Is it supposed to be promoting something?

Oh snap, I forgot something’s supposed to be announced today. Anyone know the time? Or was it just the costume’s from above?

They called it “Tournament” costume, so i guess maybe next 2020 tournament will have that color theme

Blue-white may also be linked to 2020 Tokio olympics i guess

immagine

Yep, they’re promoting the fact that Japan became aware that fanservice doesnt get a free pass in a lot of cultures.

:joy::joy::joy:

Weak ass cultures if you ask me.

6 Likes

Asura alt with easter egg ON

I can alread smell the salt over it being confusing LOL, i hope it stay

Just realized why these trasuits looked familiar :smiley:

4 Likes

I thought it was known. I read about it a year ago here, and it’s definitely not a coincidence. Particularly if you think that Hard Times was released in Japan in 1981 with the title… STREET FIGHTER.
Even Akiman confirmed that they stole the hell out of it, and it shows. That movie even explains an unwritten rule of SF matches itself, if you think about it: in Hard Times, every fight has a rule that forbids to hit a floored opponent. If he gets up, anything is fair game, but you CANNOT hit him on the ground.
And the guy with the trenchcoat on the boat (no, not Q, the second from left) is James Coburn from the same movie:

5 Likes

No wonder they removed Bison’s OTG from beta SFV.

But they let Urien and Kolin keep theirs.

There’s another one I think but I can’t remember it…oh yeah, Ibuki’s bomb.