The Ultra Inevitable Street Fighter V Story Thread

Honda was expected, I didn’t see Poison coming and it surprises me to see her return so quickly after IV (I don’t mind because I don’t dislike her, but I’d preferred to see C. Viper or Rose over her), Lucia actually interests me because I’m a huge sucker for generic blondes in army/police attire.

4 Likes

I’m happy to see Lucia because it means Capcom remembers Final Fight 3.

9 Likes

Having Lucia is an interesting addition to the category and females. That’s the area SF females are lacking.

Honda is unique eventhough I like Sodom but it’s a fair one. The only boring with Honda is the character role not the gameplay.

Lucia looks boring but she was easily the best thing about FF3.
Just too bad she’s added to a game full of blonde chicks already

Just read Sir Arthur twitter
If the “new model” they spoken about is 3 chars bundle every three months (a season) i will be very ok with it

Single reveals sucked because if you hated a char the wait was endless lol

Got a link to the Twitter?

I mean, that is if we’re getting additions to the roster in 2020. So far he’s implying just summer and winter 2019 bundles and that’s it. We’ll see.

I think there’s a easy reason for today picks over others we know will push people to buy
Fei Long, Makoto, Dudley, Rose, Yun/Yang, Viper etc, you know these will have audience still buying them in 2020

Capcom strategy to cut FM was obvious from the start, who did’nt have 300K will go with real money$ (wch was my option anyway) or watch others have something they don’t

They can still do money with characters + alts (example 2 out 3 have a No$talgia one, 2 out 3 a $ummer one)

It will work for them and will work for me. Good

https://twitter.com/Hasan__R/status/1154510207206199297

Lucia was an interesting choice, too bad it came out really bland and generic both in design and gameplay, she looks like a mobile game fg character and fights like Ken v2 :confused:

Also, it’s too much Final Fight. After Abigail, Lucia and Cody, we didn’t need for Poison to return.

Game’s insta-dead :confused:

Thanks!

1 Like

Hmm Capcom officially posted more of the trailers, they’ve got a longer taste of the themes and some additional footage showing off more of Honda’s stage:

Lucia

Poison

12 Likes

Those trailers actually reveal more moves than the one with all 3 of them

Lucia looks MUCH better there

4 Likes

So, Lucia is K’?

I’m ok with that.

looks like Poison’s boobs are bigger now which I appreciate

4 Likes

Welp, finally something to talk about and it’s not EVO yet.

Shitty Honda was expected and of all expectations they have broken they couldn’t do the one we didn’t give a damn, but whatever, there’s more to see.

Gotta be that guy but Lucia looks like having a lot of borrowed animations and other Falke tier ones. CA being her super in FF3 rocks though. Hope she’s not as straightforward as Cody.

HELL YES Poison! Thank god they didn’t go fo Roxy. I’m gonna miss Aeolus Edge and the rekkas but the fully long whip is awesome. But please, fix that face in the winning portrait, it’s not too late!! Eager to try her but will wait to confirm she’s not Alex tier, have wasted enough money on bottom ones.

sees posts

watches trailers

Pfffffbbbbttttthahahahahah

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Game is dead.

What a waste. So obvious they blew their load with Oni to have something to release because, for some reason, they can’t do anything timely…so we get Oni early then these characters months later

Setting the world on fire these characters are NOT

FFS

Pack it up on SF5. Game is a lost cause

3 Likes

Hey now, at least they didn’t fuck up the trailer this time by using a bugged model (not letting them live down the Abigail reveal).

Let’s just hope for their sake that Namco/SNK don’t reveal anything and Arc doesn’t drop anything major. Usually SFV announcements go over better when they aren’t directly compared to the work of more talented devs.

1 Like

I hope Namco/SNK/Arc ALL eat their lunch.

This is getting stupid. Give us something BIG Capcom.

MvC4?

Darkstalkers? (pffft we know that ain’t happening)

How about something REALLY nuts?

But this?

Every casual in the world: “Street Fighter 5 is still a thing?”

Meanwhile, Mortal Kombat about to drop Nightwolf then announce a guest character that will bring the hype.

1 Like

People gonna keep rolling out this “dead game” meme. Dead game means nothing now. People just slap the term on any game they hate.

8 Likes

Game was D.O.A.

Capcom botched SF5 launch just like SFxT was botched (but they were botched in different ways)

Botched launch is EXTREMELY hard to recover from. I don’t hate SF5. ANYONE can easily see that from my previous posts…but I do and will gladly call out its problems. It launched like shit with shit content that turned off their entire prospect for a casual base. They have been inconsistent in release of characters and their ability to get people hyped for them on ANY level beyond the hardcore crowd is a repeat problem for the series. Beyond that, the game is visually fairly unappealing especially when compared to the likes of Tekken or what ArcSys and Netherrealm are putting out. Now SURE one can say “OH but those games out after!” and my reply will be “Yeah well maybe that’s why Capcom shouldn’t have rushed out a 35% done game?”

I’m not a Capcom basher. My top games for the last two years have been Resident Evil 2: RE, Monster Hunter, DMV5 and Spider-Man. 3/4 of those are Capcom.

I can talk to the casuals at my work about DBFZ, Tekken, MK and HELL a few of them even talk SamSho now. SF5? LOLNO.

Their focus is fucked up and has remained fucked up. Maximilian has talked about this as well just not as in stark terms as I use (I’m a tough love sorta guy and Max is WAY nicer than I am).

I want SF to be amazing. I want it to be the standard-bearer. I have THOUSANDS of hours in SFII and the SF Alpha series and HUNDREDS of hours in SF4 across its various versions. I am (or at least was) competitive at Super Turbo. I am not saying this shit out of malice and to hate on a game (especially since I don’t hate SF5)…

For fucks sake, I have a near thousand dollar tattoo across my back to celebrate Street Fighter and what it mean to me…

But this shit is anti-hype. SF5 has been anti-hype for way too long. They need to get hype. SF4 was hype but SF5 is more of the same and more dropped balls. They REFUSE to learn from their goddamn mistakes. They didn’t learn from Injustice or MK9 or anything else. They didn’t push technology when they went to a new system like ArcSys and Namco did. They didn’t push presentation to new levels like NRS and Namco and ArcSys.

Capcom, or rather the part of Capcom working on SF, are not learning and it pisses me off because I want them to make street fighter great again.

Monster Hunter World showed what a big GOOD game can do for a franchise. I never played one of the damn games before and I have like 600 hours in that game and am getting revved up for Iceborne.

Then DMC5 and RE2RE came out and showed us that Capcom can still show the love for old beloved franchises and push them forward to amazing new levels while not abandoning anything AND bringing in new people.

SF needs that.

This? This ain’t it. This is a fat dude and 2 bitches no one gives half a damn about especially when one of them has a Xuan Dou Zhi Wang-tier design and the other has man-face and a Peg Bundy story-alt