The Ultra Inevitable Street Fighter V Story Thread

Had a fucking dream that Dan was revealed in some weird ass trailer alongside Karin’s butler. They were fighting Bison and Necalli. When Necalli was about to cosume Dan, he tossed him to the side and said something like, “You will ruin my diet” Bison was just laughing at the butler throwing dishes at him. It was on a flower field with Dan’s sis picking flowers.

The crowd was mad as fuck at Ono. It felt so real, too. I hope this announcement is really good.

11 Likes

Sometimes people do need to learn their lesson, what Capcom said is what they owe but anything that they never hype and hinted were never their responsibility. SF fans had became toxic and oppressive, some even claim to be capcom greatest fear lol. Ono is just doing everyone a favor for this. Like he said that you want caharacters okay. People should be grateful.

I understand the hate regarding FM, wanting SF6, visual issue and gameplay preferences but those that rant for characters and stages are meh.

1 Like

Got to admit, having a vast flower field in the dusk/sunset would make for a very pretty stage, gives off a big ethereal atmosphere.

3 Likes

Sound like a perfect Gill’s utopia trip lol

2 Likes

It reminds me of Megaman ZXA’s final boss fight, starts with a pretty flower field but the second phase has the flowers completely burning. Can imagine a similar stage for Gill transitioning to night/wildfire when you’re at the final round :smiley:.

2 Likes

1 week boys

4 Likes

So is the potential announcement(s) on Sunday? Trying to plan something out.

Definitely no sooner

1 Like

With EVO this weekend, here are the things that I would like for them to reveal

Here’s what I want

Characters:
SF1: Eagle
SF2: Fei Long/E. Honda (maybe T. Hawk)
SFA: Sodom, Rose
SF3: Oro, Yang/Yun, Dudley
SF4: C. Viper
SFV (originals): The gorrila dude from NeoShadaloo, or the Yoyo weilding guy from the Udon comics

Mechanics

• A second CA for each character
  • New Animations (round win, taunts, etc)
  • Speaking of new animations, new moves for all (or some) of the characters, adding another dimension to them, or addressing some of their weaknesses (doesn’t have to be a 2nd V-Skill or Reversal)
  • PATCH NOTES
  • (if at all possible) improve the Netcode

Content

• unrealistic, but I would like a second Story Mode
  • Additional art/arcade endings to unlock
  • Spectator Mode: You can watch your favorite players while they play online.
  • Tournament mode (online and off)
  • Co-op Training Mode
  • Another bonus stage aside from barrel bust
  • More and Better ways to earn Fight money and Character EXP (Extra Battle is getting useless now), or just a better rward system in general
5 Likes

They arent revealing new mechanics mid season.

1 Like

Believe it or not but there was a time when we wouldn’t think two characters being released two weeks before Evo would be tournament legal, but we got exactly that.

Life is crazy sometimes.

3 Likes

I don’t mind seeing Thawk for the last time, man that guy deserve a spot in sf5 timeline than honda and fei if story standpoint is and his also a unique movesets.

The yoyo skinny teen thing should end and be forgotten. Tom or another background characters that appears in endings should be make an appearance atleast.

2 Likes

If my boy T. Hawk appears in SFV, I’ll lose my mind, lol.
If there’s one thing I’m hoping for, it’s that Ono finally kicks Harada’s ass in terms of reveals. I hate to admit it, but Harada made an absolutely amazing reveal at TWT Finals 2018: 3 character trailers, 1 character teaser, 2 of the chars got released the day after the announcement. Ono has to show us something on that level, if not higher.

Maybe they won’t release new mechanics in the middle of the CPT season, but it’s possible they’ll confirm them as part of the next SFV re-release coming after CapCup.

Tbh if they want add CA2, tournament organizers can just chose to make them tournament-banned untill the end of CPT

Meanwhile normal people (like 98% of SFV players) can just have fun with It

But i can see direct gameplay changes to be delayed to december

I will be ok with

• bunch of characters (2+)
  • new cool stages/costumes
  • some new mode
    Plus
  • cool trailer of stuff coming in december, even just Ryu’s Shin Shoryuken, confirming CA2

On season dream pick a bit useless at this point, with reveal so close
The actual S4 will not be like my dream pick anyway lol… while at it kagecrap already stolen one slot :frowning:

Just hope Honda and Fei will be in, at least they deserve it

This isnt smash. If its in the game, its in the game. Everybody would be dealing with the same issues.

3 Likes

I have a strong feeling SFV will be F2P by the end of 2020. The DLC is where Capcom makes its money back, and they need to get the game in front of as many people as possible. I can even see the free game as a reduced version of Vanilla with only 4-8 characters.

Having another rerelease so soon after AE is probably not going to happen. Don’t forget that AE was only released back in February 2018. I can see a new feature or something coming out, but a lot of people seem to be setting themselves up for disappointment.

1 Like

I don’t see how releasing the definitive version of the game 2 years after AE (which came out in Jan 2018) is “too early”. It’ll likely be ported to PS5 later on in 2021, kinda like USFIV which came out in 2014 and then got ported to PS4 a year later.

I want Eagle but would rather they save him for sf6

1 Like

The definitive edition will be released on next generation consoles at launch.

Devil Bison is catching on enough to warrant these? There is hope in this world after all.

https://kongtrex.artstation.com/projects/W2mllN

PS

Please become canon.

3 Likes