The Ultra Inevitable Street Fighter V Story Thread

Pertho that would be true for our generation. This new generation is a different matter.

1 Like

Yeah, we have other issues too. But facts are that its been hard to just find people who love this game.

Its goofy. I know they’re out there. But I you have…like Tokido maybe saying the game is good?

Other than that its Chen and Ultradavid claiming the game is good.

Shit, since SamSho came out I’ve seen Valle stream it and sound like he has waaaaay more fun playing that than any stream of his involving SF5.

JWong likes the game. I remember people flipping out when ranked so high in his tier list. SFV has shaky met code and I have no issues finding games on PS4 or PC. When people don’t like games, they stop playing. See Anthem for a recent example.

Lol, my local guys literally all dropped the game.

Even the one guy who “liked it because it doesnt play like SF” is on UNIST rather than 5. I know there’s people who like it, but the ones that’ll keep it going years past 2020 are gonna be a small minority

No offense but that doesn’t mean much. SF3 was popular at my local arcade and we all know things turned out for it.

1 Like

Co-op Cup and Jazzy Circuit.

Better than MK9, Inj1, and Inj2.

kermit

The number of people that still didn’t know of SF3’s existence as late as last year hurt my soul. People were literally finding out about it through 30th Anniversary

1 Like

Tbh se already have a Ryu that’s like SF2AM, aside longtime stuff like Ken or Gouken we seen casual friendly canon interactions, see stuff like Sakura, Alex, Hugo, Dhalsim… or the whole ASF group

Current Ryu is’nt selfish or hermit, he will easily give his life for any of them

What Ryu still does’nt have is something like Ken’s family or Chun’s maternal bond with Li Fen

Canon and notcanonbutrespected material said Ken found his greatest source of energy in family.
Chun was able to win some sort of challenge (we don’t know terme/details) vs the much more powerful Urien to resque Li Fen

Capcom already hinted the power of love for these character

With Oro Ryu will reach the maximum level of honing his fist, possibly no greater Master avaible in SF world… After that only upgrade can be It to gain a greater meaning

But i agree that i prefer wanderer Ryu to stay as long as possible, because that evolution will be the last step as the char we know and the begin with something else

And i don’t trust them enough in 2019, keep stuff as It Is pls lol

1 Like

Wait SF6 to come out

SF4 was the crap, then SFV came out and suddently SF4 was the good old SF4 days

SF4 was great for what it was, and SF5 is great for what it is. Enjoy the moment. People who live their lives being bitter over such trivialities think they are going to live forever. Let them those fools.

2 Likes

I’ll enjoy the moment this wack ass game dies and nobody wants to keep it afloat.

Whats the over/under on SF4 ending up with a bigger post lifespan scene than 5?

2 Likes

Who cares about post lifespan “scenes”? Play what you enjoy. The greatest Street Fighter game is the one you are playing now and enjoying. I can never understand people who plays games half-heartedly. I still play games from 10-15 years ago that make me happy. I don’t hate on their current iteration. I don’t wish ill will on anything.

I don’t know how I will feel about SF6 or SF5 in 5 years. But I know how I feel about the game now, and it is the best Street Fighter since the 90s, and the best Capcom fighting game since CvS2. I have not hesitated on either of these opinions since S1-2.

True. Why do we even need ports at all?

Fuck all that.

A port inherently doesn’t have post-lifespan since the game is given a new leash on life. A new lifespan.

Blizzard released SC1 Remastered recently. When I play that game, I am not part of a “post-lifespan scene”. Same logic applies when I play any newly released SF collection game.

Now see man, I can see people liking SFV over SF4. I can see people liking SFVAE over the post-CvS2 games (which is basically just CFE and the SF4 era). I can even see people liking AE over the other mainline titles (even if I laugh at them for it).

But S1 SFV? You mean the botched launch that muddied the waters so bad they needed AE to reset the reviews, and to this day is a large part of why the game isn’t much bigger? That shit fights CFE for table scraps. I’m not sure what you can even credit S1 for other than the newcomers (1/2 are good, and no one agrees which half) and a story mode (which is good for SF, but on its own kind of lacking).

Like, I’m no stranger to hot takes, but I’m not even sure Mr.Fantastic can stretch like that.

2 Likes

S1 is not Vanilla. Vanilla SF5 was fucked deepthroat and sideways. And I mean that in a bad way. But I think by the time the first CPT finals happened, SF5 began to show its true potential.

Also the launch roster+S1 remain as the best and most well rounded SF year one roster in the franchise’s history.

AE sealed the deal for me.

4 Likes

On the one hand, I’m super over SF5 at this point and am ready for 6.

On the other hand, I want them to keep to their original statement that they planned to support SF5 until 2020.

…did they think the title of Street Fighter 4 was some kind of elaborate joke?

1 Like

I liked SF4 when they said was the crap
I’m liking SFV now that they say SF4 was better, SF6 pls

I enjoy SFV life keep going as much as possible

One day, hopefully a kinda far one, i will like SF6 too if they don’t sell theyr anus to the west

1 Like

But SFV is still not complete

I want SFV to be complete

3 Likes

Daemos, I respect your contriubtions to the story thread and everything but man you’re approaching Justin Wong territory with these FGC takes

2 Likes