The Ultra Inevitable Street Fighter V Story Thread

I love love love this!

I especially like how you used Gouka’s backstory to reveal how Gouken survived the SGS.

In my head cannon, I imagined her motivation to be a little sadder though. I imagine that Akuma would challenge Gouken once again post-SF4 and this time would actually kill him. This event is what motivates her to join seek out Ryu and ultimately Akuma too.

Since Gouken stopped training Ryu long ago, Gouka would be the only living person to fully grasp the powers of Mu he unlocked since SF4. She would essentially be OP as fuck due to the perfect techniques she honed with Gouken at his peak by her side.

Some notes:

1- I think it would be interesting if she is the only “shoto” without a projectile of any kind. Her movelist would instead focus on and expand from Gouken’s Senkugoshoha and parries maneuver.

2- Ryu was 18-21 years old at most when he defeated Sagat. I think she should be closer to his age and one of the “older” women in the series during the time of SF3.

3- Ryu wasn’t present during the time that Akuma “killed” Gouken, only Ken IIRC. Ryu was busy in the SF1 tournament and its aftermath.

4- Gouka and Ryu would technically know each other before Ryu and Ken. I think having this shared history is important for establishing credibility for her relationship to the hero of our story, perhaps even a love triangle situation with Sakura/Ken. xD

I have three different version of her moveset. Mu No Hado is almost all projectiles. Satsui No Hado is almost all physical attacks (What you seem to want). and her “Final” version “Kinkou” that is a balanced version that combines elements of those two move sets. Since Ryu is has followed Goukens path of Mu and Gouki already Satsui No Hado. I went with the third path.

2 Likes

HAPPY BIRTHDAY RYU!!

6 Likes

I thought Ryu isn’t following Gouken’s path though. He is the middle path you speak of, that balances between the SNH and MNK. I believe it is mentioned in SF3 that Denjin Hadoken is not possible without the SNH on some level. This is also why Oro is interested in Ryu, because Oro is all about balancing all the ki type, and Ryu appears to be perfectly capable of achieving this balance.

This is why I think Gouka should follow Gouken’s path to its logical extreme.

2 Likes

By SF3, Ryu has completely moved away from Satsui No Hado. Denjin Hadoken was a technique developed by Gouken. It is a Mu No Hado technique. The only time a Satsui No Hado practitioner has used an electric ki based attack was Oni. He uses Gorai (Booming Thunder) not Denjin (Electric Blade) techniques.

Gouken - Mu No Hado
Gouki - Satsui No Hado
Goutetsu - Balanced (I prefer Assassin’s Fist version of Goutetsu)

4 Likes

I also believe this one is the most agreed upon the OG those times.

I liked that ideal of Gouka too, It’s like the same thing that I also preferred but more like Hokuto SFEX and Kazumi Todo too rather than Gouken -shoto moves.

I got a five our drive ahead of me, but I couldn’t get going until I finished this. Modified my SNH Gouki concept. Actually did more changes to this than the “balanced” version.

Satsui No Hado Gouka (SF3)

Summary

Name: Gouka (World Destroying Conflagration)

Nickname: The Mistress of Destruction

Sex: Female

Ethnicity: Japanese

Height: 5ft 9in(1.75m)

Weight: 168 lbs. (76kg)

B/W/H: 36-24-37 (91cm-61cm-94cm)

Hometown: Unknown, Japan

Appearance: Gouka has red eyes with black sclera (the whites of her eyes are black) . Her skin is a shade of dark ten. Gouka has wild knee length unkempt red hair. There is small beaded necklace with the warrior symbol “戉” on the center bead. She wears a topless dark grey gi with full length pants and black rope instead of a belt. Her chest is wrapped in white bandages. Her abdomen, shoulders and arms are exposed. She is barefoot and does not wear gloves.

Dislikes: Akuma, Satsui No Hado, Herself (For Resorting To Satsui No Hado)

Fighting Style: Ansatsuken (Satsui No Hado)

Tone: Gouka is a woman with a singular focus. The destruction of her uncle. She feels that her family is responsible for any deaths caused by Akuma because her father showed him mercy.

Origins: Gouka is the daughter of Gouken and Kouhana. Originally trained in the basics of the Ansatsuken style by Kouhana, Gouka learned the more advanced forms for her recovering father. Gouka’s dreams are dominated by memories of her fathers last battle with her uncle. After learning from Gouken, that two had battled before and he spared Gouki. Gouki became enraged. She laid all the blood and death fostered by her uncle at her father’s feet. That night, she sneaked in her father’s room and stole all of his Ansatsuken scrolls. Gouka fled in mountains and abandoned her father’s teachings. She embraced the Satsui No Hado. She believes that her father’s shunning of Satsui No Hado is what lead to his defeat. Gouka believes that the only way to stop her uncle is to fight him on his terms. She has embraced and mastered Satsui No Hado. Gouka meditates daily in order to hold onto a shred of her humanity. She will stop Akuma once and for all. Gouka has her grandfather Goutetsu’s sword. She will stop herself when her task is complete. She will use it to commit hara kiri end Satsui No Hado.

Her Rival: Akuma

Stamina: 1200

Stun Bar Length: 64

Stun Bar Recovery: 22F

Forward Dash/Distance: 16F/2

Back Dash/Distance: 16F/2

Normal Wake Up: 75F

Quick Stand: 50F

Taunt: Increases the damage and stun of Gouka’s next hit/combo by 20%.

Throw Range: 20

Throws:

Goshoha(Great Piercing Wave) - LP+LK: Gouka hits her opponent with a right open palm punch to the sternum that sends them sailing away from her.

Shuretto(Vermillion Rending Blade) - B+LP+LK: Gouka trips her opponent with her right leg and chops them at the base of the spine of their lower back

Unique Attacks:

Ketsu Hiji Tsuki (Cruel Elbow Thrust) - F+ FP: She strikes her opponent with a two hit elbow strike (similar to Ryu’s SFA3 elbow strike)

Tenma Kujinkyaku (Sky Demon Air Blade Kick)- D+ MK (In Air): Gouka executes a steep angle (70°) diving kick from the apex of her forward jump.

Satsubatsu Kakato Otoshi (Bloodthirsty Heel Drop) – DF+MK: (overhead) Gouka hits her foe with a two hit axe kick

Gekiretsu Senpu Kyaku (Violent Whirlwind Leg) – F+ HK (overhead): Gouka hops forward striking with a one hit whirlwind kick.

Specials:

Tsumetai Goshoken (Freezing Great Piercing Fist) - QCB + P: Gouka twists her torso back 180 °, and explodes forward with a left charging palm strike that engulfs her opponent in tremendous cold. Distance traveled is determined by the strength of the punch button. LP (9F Startup 110 Damage/8 Stun, Point blank, Projectile Invincible Frame 1), MP(19F Startup 135 Damage/10 Stun, ½ Screen, Projectile Invincible after 3F), HP (25F Startup 160 Damage/1 2Stun, ¾ Screen, Projectile Invincible after 3F). EX(16F Startup 180 Damage/15 Stun, Projectile Invincible Frame 1, Causes a Hard Knockdown)

Hyakkishu (Hundred Ogre Assault) -HCF +P (Demon Flip): Gouka does a forward rolling jump towards her opponent with various follow ups, punch strength determines distance/angle. Goes over projectile attacks. EX (Gains projectile invincibility on frame 3)

• Hyakki Gozan (Hundred Ogre Great Slash)+no input- Gouka performs a sliding sweep kick 100 Damage/6 Stun
  • Hyakki Gojin (Hundred Ogre Great Blade) +K Gouka performs a dive kick similar to the Tenma Kujinkyaku 120 Damage/12 Stun
  • Hyakki Gosai (Hundred Ogre Great Smash) +LP+LK Gouka hits her opponent with backflip knee followed up by a chop to the neck 130 Damage/16 Stun
  • Hyakki Gotsui (Hundred Ogre Great Fall)+LP+LK Gouka grabs her airborne opponent by head and drives them into the ground 120 Damage/12 Stun

Gorai Shoryuken-F,D,DF+ P (Booming Thunder Dragon Fist): Gouka focuses her ki around her fist, generating a powerful electric aura, before striking with a devastating rising left uppercut. High stun, moderate damage, slow recovery LP(3F Startup, 120 Damage/16 Stun) MP (3F Startup 140 Damage/17 Stun), HP (3F Startup, 160 Damage/18Stun), EX (3F Startup, 180 Damage/20 Stun)

Shigai Jiraiken - F,D,DF + K: (Ultraviolet Landmine Fist) Gouka jumps into air and slams her fist into the ground at high velocity. The impact of the attack creates a violet flaming shock wave a short distance front and behind her. LK (16F Startup 20F Recovery, 130 Damage/9 Stun) MK(18F Startup 18F Recovery, 150 Damage/10 Stun) HK(25F Startup 12F Recovery, 170 Damage/12 Stun)EX (21F Startup, 20F Recovery, 190 Damage/14 Stun, Overhead)

Jinrai Gorasen (Thunderclap Great Spiral)- F,D,DF+ K: (Anti Air) Gouka executes a powerful rising whirlwind kick that overwhelms them with electricity. The initial kick “locks” her opponent into the attack to keep them from dropping out. No start up invincibility, fast recovery, high damage, doesn’t hit crouching opponents LK (5F Startup -25F On Block, 135 Damage/7 Stun, 3hits) MK (5F Startup -26 On Block, 160 Damage/8 Stun, 4hits) HK (5F Startup -27 On Block, 185 Damage/10 Stun, 5hits), EX (Full Startup Invincibility 5F Startup, -30 On Block, 210 Damage/15 Stun, 8hits, Hits Crouching Opponents)

Raitei Kadou Zankukyaku (Thunder Vortex Slashing Air Leg)- QCB+K: Gouka executes a rapid spinning horizontally traveling electric whirlwind kick. All versions of this attack are projectile invincible. Attack hits once and always knocks down. LK (10F Startup 135 Damage/12 Stun) MK(11F Startup 155 Damage/12 Stun) HK(12F Startup 175 Damage/12 Stun)EX (8F Startup 200 Damage/15 Stun,)

Kuchu Gorai Zankukyaku (Aerial Booming Thunder Slash Air Leg) -QCB +K: (In Air) Gouka executes an electric charged horizontally traveling whirlwind kick. LK,MK, and HK versions 8F Startup 14F Landing Recovery 165 Damage/10 Stun. Kick button pressed determines how far opponent is knocked away. All versions cause a limited juggle state. LK (Close) MK (Farther), HK (Farthest) EX (6F Startup 12F Landing Recovery 195 Damage/12 Stun, Causes Juggle State)

Super Art 1:

Shi Tatsumaki Reppa (Death Tornado Rending Blast) – QCFx2+K: Gouka strikes her foe with a high roundhouse kick to the head and rises into a low rising vortex kick, followed by another low rising vortex, and ending in a high rising spinning cyclone kick barrage that ends with a powerful spinning back kick that sends them hurtling away from her.

• Damage: 400

• Stun: 18

• Bar Length: 112

• Stock: 2

• EX: 5.6 uses

Super Art 2:

Shin Shi Hado (True Death Surge) – QCFx2+P: Gouka stomps the ground with her back foot and slowly outstretches her arms summoning forth deadly lavender flames of ki in each of her fists. She pulls back her arms combining the two purple flames into a powerful sphere of ki that she unleashes as massive deadly Hadoken. On hit her opponent bursts into purple flames and collapses to the ground.

• Damage: 330

• Stun: 17

Shin Zanku Shi Hado (True Aerial Death Wave) – QCFx2+P: (In Air) From any jump Gouka channels the power of Satsui No Hado into shower of purple flaming projectiles. The descent angle of the barrage is determined by the punch button pressed. On the hit of the first projectile her opponent is pulled into the air to absorb the brunt of the remaining bombardment of projectiles before the final blast sends them crashing into the ground. LP (60° Angle), MP (45° Angle), HP (30° Angle).

• Damage: 315

• Stun: 16

Super Art 3:

Hyaku Sho Shi Ken ( Hundred Rising Death Fist)-QCBx2 + P : Gouka stomps the ground with her back foot and charges her fist with purple Satsui No Hado energy. She then hits her opponent with right handed uppercut to the abdomen that creates a shock wave upon impact while setting them ablaze. Gouka then knocks them up into the air with blindingly fast barrage of left and right uppercuts. Finally, she sails past them brutal left shoryuken and slams her right fist into their head from above, driving her fist and their head into the ground at high velocity. As they make impact with the ground her opponents set ablaze in purple flame on final time. If this Super Art finishes the opponent, they are planted into the ground, head first.

• Damage: 420

• Stun: 20

Hidden Super Art:

Shin Shi Goshoken (True Death Great Piercing Fist) - LP,LP, F, LK, HP: Gouka’s ultimate technique. This is a powerful charging palm strike. Gouka travels forward at blinding speed, hitting her opponent with an open palm strike to the sternum, after the strike connects she sends a tremendous amount of Satsui No Hado energy through her opponents chest and out of their back. Her opponent collapses lifelessly to the ground.

• Damage: 620

• Stun: 28

• Bar Length: 1

• Stock: 1 (Requires 2 stocks from any Super Art)

EX: 5.6 uses

Shi Misogi (Death Purifier) - 720°+HP: (Command Grab) Gouka grabs her opponent and teleports above them to the top of the screen. She pulls her right arm overhead and the screen goes black. Only a purple slice, that runs from the top to the bottom of the screen, can be seen. Gouka turns her back to the screen and the warrior kanji ignites in purple on her back as her opponent falls face first to the ground.

• Damage: 565

• Stun: 21

• Bar Length: 1

• Stock: 1 (Requires 2 stocks from any Super Art)

EX: 5.6 uses

Reasons to be in SFIII:

Gouka had over estimated her strength. As she moved in for the finishing blow, Gouki (Akuma) rose to his feet. He revealed that he had been holding back the entire item. Testing her, seeing if she was worth of destruction and she was. Gouki quickly overwhelmed Gouka. “Shun Goku…” before he could finish the words, Gouken sent his brother hurtling backward with Senkugoshoha. Barely consciousness, Gouka fell into the waterfall below. She saw her father reach out for her in vain. As she sank into the watery depths, she cursed her own weakness. Thinking she had met her end, Gouka fell unconscious. She awoke down stream at the river’s edge. Gouka pulled herself up on her anger alone. She drug herself into the forest, vowing only to return when she is capable of completing her task. A few years later Gouka emerged from the mountain wilderness. Her red flames of Satsui No Hado now glowed purple. Faster, stronger, and mastering two new techniques, the Shin Shi Goshoken and Shi Misogi, she would not fail again.

Notes:

Kouhana means “little flower”, Gouka means “powerful flower”. Gouka changed the kanji of her name. It is still pronounced Gouka but means “world destroying conflagration”

Kouhana knows the basics of Gouken’s ansatsuken style but none of the advanced techniques

Kouhana is only 5’4” (1.63m) tall. Gouka has been taller than her mother since she was 11 years old.

Gouka is self taught until she was 17. Teaching herself the unrefined Satsui No Hado based versions of the Hadoken, Shoryuken, and Tatsumaki Zankukyaku from Gotetsu’s old manuals.

All of Gouka’s special attacks, except her second Super Art, are physical attacks.

She is 17 years old when Ryu defeats Sagat. Making her six years his junior and three years older than Sakura.

She is born the year before Gouken takes in Ryu

During the events of SFA through SFIV, she trains with Gouken.

After finding out that her father spared her uncle previously, Gouka has a falling out with him. She leaves home and solitary trains in Satsu No Hado. She will not grant her uncle mercy.

While she heard of them previously, she didn’t meet Ryu or Ken until the events of SFV

2 Likes

We are closer to August :scream:

8 Likes

I try not to think about it too much

1 Like

Sumo headbutts

Having low expectations helps with the wait.

1 Like

Hopefully sumo headbutts

1 Like

I’m betting on a “Super” announcement.
New Critical Arts and release of Rose, Sodom, Honda and Viper.
Some costumes and stages and maybe small story mode update.

1 Like

I will welcome anything of these you said

My priority second CAs
Then Honda and Rose if Rose bring with her dat Venice prototype stage

I hope for new chars too as Sodom or Viper don’t hype me much, Will prefer more martial arts rep like Honda (Fei Long, Abel, Retsu etc)

As prequel of sf3 give me Tom

Behold guys it’s Edgelord Sakura and Serious Karin.

Second CAs wouldnt do much really since supers dont do a lot to change match ups. In that sense this game is a lot like Super Turbo where outside of a few, supers arent integral to the strategies being played.

You’d have to change a lot to make the game more 3S/SF4ish in how much supers/ultra matter to situations.

3 Likes

Tom should have been in instead of Alex.
Haggar should have replaced Zangief too.

In canon the Denjin Hadoken is a move developed by Gouken. Though according to the developers who made SF3 and the concept behind the Denjin Hadoken, they attached a backstory to it and explain it in one of the old guides. Its here in which it is explained that Ryu learns the technique by using and controlling SnH and creating an electric charge like a battery through positive and negative charge in his ki. So going by this is is how the technique actually functions as told by developers.

So using Occam’s razor the quickest explanation for Gouken canonically using Denjin Hadoken is by using SnH as well.

4 Likes

Both, i want Tom Tom be very different from Alex,as SF Masters usually are (Gouken, Rose, Zeku etc)
I see Tom as a much more technical fighter repping MMA, While Alex is much more wild and based on Pro wrestling
I will have liked Alex to look younger (than sf3)though, and not the 40yo tranny on drugs we got
Kandoken got It right

Maybe not so much younger/smaller, but that kind of direction

This Is blasphemy

I will be honest, i’m just a casual that enjoy have cool looking moves

Playing Ryu without the possibility of Shinshoryuken people chin feel morally wrong

EX Srk try, but it’s not the same :frowning:

1 Like

I quite like the design itself for Alex (though the original is still better) but boy did they botch his model. I actually like the SFV aesthetic as a whole but there’s no denying Alex looks like shit.

3 Likes