The Ultra Inevitable Street Fighter V Story Thread

So here’s an interesting piece of media - there’s this artwork with all of the original World Warriors (made by Akiman if I correctly understood the text) and it depicts Ryu doing the stance that later became Akuma’s winpose. Coincidence, foreshadowing, or something else?

https://twitter.com/ryugainai/status/1152108563038236672

4 Likes

Ryu uses that stance too.

9 Likes

Just linking this here mainly because her story has some heavy interaction with Ryu. She seems extremely distressed that her friend has succumbed to the SnH and actively goes searches him dowm and it really reminds me of Alpha 3 when Ryu remembers what Chun Li said to him after their battle hoping that he still remains in control.

Ryu and Chun-Li are kind of alike, they both lost their fathers (or at least father-figures) and seek answers, of course Ryu has the extra SnH and Bison to look out for. This isn’t meant to be any shipping bait BTW, just some insight.

As for TEPPEN, the lady in the black cloak seems to be hinting at a expanded story with her inviting the characters into the “land of illusions”

Summary

Also the Iris card for TEPPEN is cruelly ironic, it only comes into affect after the card is defeated. The artwork for her card is her sleeping alongside flowers. Capcom really out here trying to make Iris and Colonel the robot version of Ophelia+Laertes🤦♂.

2 Likes

That looks like a SF3 or Post-3S Chun-Li, and Shadaloo is reforming in the end. Could it be? Is Bison the shiver that ran down her spine?

Maybe!? Given how Vampire Saviour has yet to happen and the game takes place long after an alternate version of the MMX games what if the cloaked lady is making her own “makai” with the energy of fighters both dead and living, including Bison?

That said, imagine a Bison and Sigma fusion, everyone would be screwed over.

Great style, will love one for SF

7 Likes

2020 is our year.

3 Likes

I will be competing in SFV tomorrow at Defend the North. Give all your psycho power so I can have a chance to get out of pools.

13 Likes

Got your back fam. I’ll be pulling for you.

3 Likes

Good luck man you may have all the Mu and SNH as your ulimate come mechanic in real life.

What i’m liking of Teppen it’s how the cards are portraying the SFers abilities, some feel pretty spot on

Curious to see others characters when next deck will inevitably come out

It’s even possible we will see new playable heroes, as some characters have 2 character-cards (like heroes)

For SF Bison, Ibuki and Zangief

I find the Teppen SF artwork to be very telling and invigorating. I really hope Bison gets added as a playable hero, as I think it could inform us on how Capcom see the character in 2019 and maybe even the future.

I absolutely LOVE the line and style of these

5 Likes

Makes me yearn for a new Pocket Fighter with all these guys.

1 Like

Done with that art style i will surely welcome it

But i will love even “just” a Super Puzzle Fighter sequel NOT done by the mobile people

Good luck @Hawkingbird !

That chibi style is amazing. Are those real keychains?

3 Likes

Bison can easily end up a playable Hero for black decks

If they do

Red - Ryu
Green - Chun Li
Purple - Ibuki
Black - M.Bison

They gave a SFer to each deck color*

I guess they can do the same with MM, DMC, DS and MH

*Zangief could be Green Hero too, but there’s already Chun Li and his cards despite being two don’t seem to be enough “special” to be linked to an Hero

1 Like

Those were release last year and occasionally posted i twitter by a Capcom Employee that is famous in cosplaying Chun li.

It was also posted in Capcom Jap store

Yes, there are t-shirts too, same designs (check eventhubs)

I posted the key ones because illustrations were easier to see

To be more easy to understand for who did’nt know Teppen

Teppen got 4 colors (styles) you can play

To sum it up very very simply

• Red- Attack and direct combat
    SF chars avaible at the moment: Ryu (Hero), Ken, Sagat, Sakura, Fei Long, DeeJay, Guy, Dan, Sean

• Green- Defense and hig stats
    SF chars avaible at the moment: Chun Li (Hero), Zangief, Blanka, Alex, Makoto, Karin, Abel, Hugo, Elena

• Purple- Focused on Tricks and control
    SF chars avaible at the moment: Ibuki, Rose, Oro, Dhalsim, Remy, Kolin

• Black- Focused on Evil shit (sacrify health or destroy it’s own chars to damage/instant kill etc)
    SF chars avaible at the moment: M.Bison, Seth, Rolento, Sodom

2 Likes