The Ultra Inevitable Street Fighter V Story Thread

In Alpha 3, the M. was revealed to be Master. A detail they forgot during the soft reboot of SF4 and then SF5.

1 Like

This more like:

Widespread VS original source.

I would go for M Bison too for the sake of commonality, familiarity and more widespread.

The other one is much cooler but there are more consequence that can affect them by switching their names to their japanese counterparts which is favorable character wise and design wise because it’s the original source.

If someday they would do Dictator as a universal in gamr name in case of reboot are you welcome to that?

And why not or yes?

Is that a bad thing or a good idea?

Suck it, NerdDingo.

I want no part of Lament Configuration if a thread anf the cenobitic zeal by which you all collect mundane storybl details that dont help you win games.

No, I do not want to see your Adon cosplay either.

Well, there’s a Spanish surname “Bisoño”. You can get “M. Bison” (Miguel Bisoño) for Claw like that :stuck_out_tongue:

Ok you completely won me over with that.

1 Like

My chunky self would be more fit for SF5 Birdie, but I’d need stilts lol

And hey, you do you man. At the end of the day, the threads are here if you want it, no harm in trying something different.

Yeah, I can say I definitely forgot that they did that in A3. It’s been a long time since I booted it up. I kinda prefer “Lord” since it has this greater, reverence from his toadies like FANG for me.

Don’t leave us @Pertho, together we can unlock the LAMENT CONFIGURATION(!) and finally know who Ryu’s father really is!!!

1 Like

Time for a lil “It was Tuesday” roasts.

The audacity to call this gentleman trash.

“Third rate actress”. Lol.

Damn Gief.

Shade at the entire country.

Bison doesn’t give a damn about enlightenment, Sim.

Poor Chun.

15 Likes

How can he be so bad when he is this good! #Blesshim

2 Likes

Ask him yourself? In HELL!

that’s like a Supah Hot punch line.

:joy:

4 Likes

Nah, let that be the mystery of Ryu. That will never be talked again or discuss again. I prefer more to know about Gouken’s daughter or whatsoever that girl is, if ever.

But before the curtain will be set to SF3 timeline, I hope we can see some legit Delta Red action and Tom.

Man seeing Eagle and Guile makes me want SFAlpha3 complete edition. With Max and Upper characters along with different modes.

2 Likes

Raul Julia the GAWD

I forgot how fucking cold the whole thing is. Dude just changing clothes and making drinks. That whole tired indifference at what happened and when.

Gotta be one of the top 10 coldest shit ever said to a fictional character.

6 Likes

Grendizer and Tetsujin was my mother’s favourite cartoon growing up LOL, they still air Grendizer now in Arabic afternoons and there’s statues of him everywhere in some Arab countries which adds to the Vega irony, then again Arabs eat up anything Mecha as Italians love anime superhumans.

1 Like

4 Likes

Forgot the what makes it even the coldest: dude was still on the “am I smashing or nah?”

Look, I get I killed your father and all that but, I got you a drink.

sabu

10 Likes

Those Bison quotes are pure fire, and yes Raul Julia is the GOAT.

3 Likes

Especially since he did it for his nephews, like I know that everybody knows about that fact but it adds to the GOAT status. It really shows since it’s apparent he had so fun much from this role. RIP legend.

5 Likes

Sometimes I really want NRS to at least had rights to Vandame, Kylie Monique and Raul Julia likeness in MK to represent tribute counterpart of them as guest characters having the same personality in the SF movie even without the same character to supposed to represent in SF game.

Because MK and SF will likely be never to happen specially their glorious times were 90s era, were most of the dream and fantasy of their clashes.

1 Like

I wonder how much of Raul’s Bison was improv and how much was the actual script. Because whoever came up with the Tuesday line is fucking genius

8 Likes

Yeah, he just had such a natural charisma with this thing, it’s easy to imagine that he’s responsible for Bison’s best material. Man, I would’ve loved it if, had Raul not have had cancer that he’d reprise Bison again in some way. Either through another movie, or having some viral video fun with the impending release of SF4 or SF5.

As much as I do like current, ominous demon Bison, I do at times miss a slightly more grounded take like we had in the movie, where he enjoys having paintings made of himself, the pleasures of fine food and drink, and like that old piece of official art, the company of beautiful women.

If we do get a new series adaptation that’s longer than a season. I’d love it if, yes, Bison is mysterious and powerful, there are rumours of how great and powerful he is, but ah, pffft, he’s a dictator, it’s hearsay. Then, as the heroes get closer, we see more and more of the real him, and as he faces more challenges, he moves closer and closer to this inhuman aberration we have. I dunno, almost like inverse character development;

Lots of long running media has villains become more human and sympathetic as time marches on, we don’t see the opposite all that much these days. Not so much a character becoming simple and bland, no, I mean, we thought there was some humanity to this guy. Evil and charismatic, yes, but he had dreams we could somewhat see where he’s coming from…oh wait, what was that? It was a trick? Oh crap, wait, he’s becoming more complex, but he’s abandoning his humanity and so many other elements we were fooled into believing!

My idea’s messy, but sure, let’s have the vain quipping movie Bison, who cares about portraits, stealing fine art, and maybe not so much Bison dollars, but some megalomaniac ideas. He’s got his harem, he’s got lush Shadaloo parties and shows of strength. As the series moves closer to it’s first season finale, we start to see a change in him. Maybe as he sees forces becoming decimated and the potential of Ryu and notices a “ghost”, Rose, following him, he decides to drop the act.

Stops giving a crap about wining and dining, heck it seems like he doesn’t eat or sleep at all now, hmm, anyone else feel physically ill when standing next to Bison for so long? Huh, is he working out…he looks bigger. Okay, the art has been a front, there’s some hidden lab underneath and what the hell? Bio experiments? Who are we really working fo-…his eyes…what’s wrong with his eyes?

Basically he, not believing it would be fun to go all out earlier, gave the world a “more consumable form”, gave them hope that he was a man, a very powerful man, but as things change, more coverage is focused on him, he gives the world a fresh stroke of fear. You never had a chance, you’re not dealing with Kim Jong Il dictator who’s got nothing but his birthright and deifying rumours, you’re facing a man, who through martial arts and psychokinetic mastery, has evolved so far beyond humanity that death is an annoyance to him.

tl;dr version: I’d love to see a growth in a Bison, so we get to enjoy the growth from evil douchcanoe to a demon in military gear.

7 Likes

I like to think that Raul Julia Bison is roughly how he was for the time between striking out on his own and going off the deep end with Psycho Power. By the time of Alpha, he has “transcended” mortal urges and, after over a decade of being able to enjoy every decadent pleasure a man could imagine, became this immortal warrior pursuing world domination because there wasn’t much else left he hadn’t done.

9 Likes