The Ultra Inevitable Street Fighter V Story Thread

They recognized as character design there’s no DMC after 4, after that it’s called prostitution lol

1 Like

Nero looks better in DMC5 than he did in DMC4.

4 Likes

I think they figured the gi was too plain for this specific fantasy-themed crossover.

I also saw Maximillian’s video on Teppen and that art is sick, definitely want that extracted / preserved somehow :+1:

1 Like

DMC4 Nero was a far better DMC design, even if i did’nt liked it much

dmc5 Nero is just the bastard son of scalebound douche and antoniades donte

But i understand opinions like that are a thing, wich is the reason DMC art style died

Hopefully SF will survive that crap, but i doubt

1 Like

DMC5 is the best slasher/action game ever existed, but nice try Cestus

2 Likes

Did’nt spoke about the game as overall product though

Unless you mean specifically as art style, wich will be very wrong

DMC3 Nero was just Dante with a monster arm.

DMC5 Nero at least looks distinct.

3 Likes

In fact you got the “even if i did’nt liked it much”, Nero was’nt one of my fav character designs, i agree they should have worked on it more to distance him from Dante

But i guess they just liked keep them super similar, as they clearly played on it making many scenes kinda specular to emphasize the similarity between them

And it’s true DMC5 one looks more “distinct”. Still looks like shit though lol

But to be fair with the poor Nero, it’s not his specific fault

wtf 1

wtf 2
immagine

wtf 3

wtf 4

This is not DMC art style, or at least was’nt before the antoniades tragedy happened

Again what is done is done, hopefully it will not happen to SF

1 Like

I’ll admit that Vergil and Trish look weird (but that’s mostly the issue of picking the model rather than the artstyle). Nico, Nero, Dante and especially Lady look great

7 Likes

Looking at the TEPPEN videos and seeing the heavy emphasis on Darkstalkers and Megaman X makes think we’d might get a new game from those series’, especially from MMX considering that the MMX legacy collection has sold very well.

I mean you could easily just say that they’re just popular IPs and they chose X over MM because Classic wouldn’t fit with the tone but then again, they didn’t choose Resident Evil or Okami. Still take my speculation with a grain of salt.

1 Like

Maybe it’s just harder to adapt into the artstyle?

I’m not seeing the wtf with Dante and Nico here. Dante is Reuben Langdon with a stubble and grey hair. Nico would get it.

2 Likes

What, you don’t like Nero’s “Curse Seal Sasuke” Devil Trigger?

this?

This is actually good, i like it better than Dante and Vergil’s DTs too
Actually it is DMC style, will have looked good even in the past… will have not been surprised to see it in DMC4, will fit the game stylization

Still it’s not the dmc5 standard, the overall “face” of the dmc5 style is definitely his shitty normal version

I like the way normal Nero wears his hand-wings like a cape post-Devil Trigger.

2 Likes

Returning to Teppen’s Ryu costume will like if they make It avaible in SFV

Either normal DLC or by fighting chance, even if fighting chance it’s already too fucking rare, will like if we get like 3 (new) for month

Or one thing i ever wanted (and that at some point was rumored but fake lol) Is they add the CODE VERSION of standard costumes, could be a quick way for them to eat FM

Like 20/30K for code version of each char
Mostly small changes but in some cases something more elaborated, like SFV Ryu to Teppen Ryu

1 Like

Something tells me that Ryu costume from TEPPEN will either become his default for SF6 (hell it’s actually very reminiscent of his initial SFV design when it was more futuristic, without all the bandages), or they’ll add it as Fighting Chance. If they make it paid that’s… not a good look in my opinion because Ryu had a similar “torn clothes” outfit in IV

Well following theyr model Fighting Chance in SFV should be the most logic way, it’s the character look in another not-SF game, kinda like Nash and Cammy from Cannon Spike being unlockable with FC

Or maybe Extra Battle? A possibility too

As for SF6, considering i want it to be direct sequel of SF3TS timeline, i will welcome “Teppen” Ryu as standard look (with classic gi as first alt)
It will look perfect for a Ryu who’s during or after the training under Oro, it will feel “NEW” but at same time unlike beard-ryu it does’nt ruin/mess the character imagery, it’s much less invasive

*while at it we may get CS Vega too at some point

But it’s likely they will just jump it as Necalli Batle alt took lot from it
immagine

I’ve been rewatching the Teppen video and it feels like some kinda hint now lol. Ryu’s shoryuken arm is bandaged and is glowing during attacks and when he’s been downed after a loss. It seems suspicious to say the least lol. I’m hoping this is a taste of things to come and is evidence that Capcom’s moving everything forward: More SF, Darkstalkers getting some love again, Mega Man X defrag’d, etc.

1 Like