The Ultra Inevitable Street Fighter V Story Thread

I think the newer models already do hair slightly better, maybe it’s just me but G’s hair already looks a little more normal compared to Ryu’s ferrofluid hair.

There’s also stylization in action with the hair, the characters in Overwatch are kinda the same deal.

2 Likes

@Spoonman In MVC3, Ryu seems to put a greater emphasis on the importance of keeping himself in check and going beyond the SnH. Not to mention the ability to tap into his Hado Kakusei, which many call his “Denjin” state.

Akuma: “You will feel the pain of the Satsui no Hado!”
Ryu: “I will surpass…the Satsui no Hado!”

To Phoenix: “I see that you are battling your inner demons. You must prove that you are stronger than they are.”

To Phoenix/Wolverine: “When you lost control, you lost the fight.”

In MVCI, he has both the Shin Shoryuken and a Metsu Shoryuken (albeit briefly) when the SnH tries to take over in his desperate state.

Thanos to Ryu: “There’s a darkness within you, young warrior. Let it out. Show me your true power!”

Then of course we see Thanos absorb the SnH from Ryu in the story.

So MVC3 Ryu seems like a Ryu actively getting over the SnH, while MVCI Ryu is still struggling with it.

3 Likes

The kakusei power up in UMVC3. Where everything he has have a boost.

HOT Ryu is just a fad base on current trends that would look cringe for the future and 90ers generation, unlike the black dress chun li which was a better looking alt that continuoed to improve from it’s debut from SF4 towards SFV. Why the Chun was looking decent because it felt natural not something that would appeal just for a particular generation.

And yes I agree that the only thing that the beard Ryu was relevant was for the cinematic mode for Ryu’s return but for future games that should stay away.

2 Likes

This is why I want Kage and Necali to be together, to optimize the characters existing in SF universe, because both of them are attempts to mimic SF4 Evil Ryu the most sought after and popular incarnation of Evil Ryu that standout not just visually but also gameplay for dominating for some time. Both of them will keep SF4 Evil Ryu vibe and appeal without being shoto clone or an edgelord counter part while being edgelord entirely.

I like Evil Ryu and SNH Saga in Zero but continous tying it with a 30s guy like Ryu is like preventing him from maturation and making his default version obsolete to be used.

Early on in SF5, I was really hoping that Necalli would end up sucking the SnH out of Ryu to power himself up, and that Evil Ryu would be gone forever that way.

Turning it into a separate character is not as good, but at least they’re still doing something.

7 Likes

Yet we end up with more interesting posibilities qne dynamic like Kage finds Necali as a better vessel to manifest himself and stay eternal.

Fusing them together and being obsessed with Ryu “alone” would be an interesting progression of their character while eliminating the rest of interaction with other characters and shoto to avoid another edgelord counterpart. Like hiw Venom is to Peter Parker/Spidey.

So in that process we would end up with Necali with flashy specials and a bit of Kage like moves. Those teleportation and the Kage’s Tatsu. While keeping the stomp and anti air which was better a version in Necali.

2 Likes

5 bucks says theyre reusing those assets for mvc4

I don’t think we will canonically see Evil Ryu again and Kage will always be just that, a shadow. With no actual plot relevance and 100% pure fan service.

They can go the extra mile and if you’re wearing his nostalgia costume, Kage’s name changes to Evil Ryu. Or viceversa, depending on the game.

Speaking of, Akuma and Oni should work like that too. Update Akuma’s moveset with a couple of Oni moves and have the blue bastard as just a costume.

10 bucks says there is no and will not be an MVC4

3 Likes

Hopefully

1 Like

Ryu hair?

This is Ryu hair that I wanted to see in full 3D glory.

images%20(51) images%20(52)
images%20(49)

images%20(50)

8 Likes

For me its always been long hair Ryu. Just not feeling that guts from berserk looking Ryu.

That was my first intro to him and always will be

1 Like

It’s a power up because the hado kakusei implies that Ryu has awakened his hado potential. The redesign is refreshing in a way.

2 Likes

More like spending time with Sagat or a remembrance from Sagat same as the headband from Ken.

Sagatclean

Compare to Oro

And No Sagat must be already dead theories please… it’s more hard explaining someone dead returning in the game in a reasonable way other than contributing to the more bizarre and complicated explaination. There is no need for Sagat to die.

If people want interesting FIGHTING GAME CHARACTERs… not just game characters, its not by making some dead but more into making the character have interesting moves and gameplay along with decent character motivations.

Shit, I was watching Maximillion’s video on that game and the art is sick.

4 Likes

I hope they could extract the animation…

I mean, I don’t know why you’d bother. The images are very nice, but the animation looks like some advanced Flash stuff. Not exactly something that would translate into a fighting game.

1 Like

Yeah, because they are still SF and Capcom stuff. I like preserving old files that are sf related.

3 Likes

I find it funny that TEPPEN uses Dante’s DMC4 design as opposed to his DMCV one

1 Like