The Ultra Inevitable Street Fighter V Story Thread

The Chun and Cammy sketch looks like its from the Chun-Li aftermath trailer.

1 Like

Oh yeah, I remember when she was furiously cooking. And the Cammy close up looks like when she’s in the robe and reacting to intel she got. Maaaan I wish we got more SF animation again. :c

7 Likes

Somewhat related to the thread but Jason Liebrecht, Abel’s english voice actor in SF4, xTekken and SFV has recently gotten a new role of Qrow in the upcoming volume of RWBY

5 Likes

Nice, good for him!

Somehow you want this to be a hint of a cellshaded anime SF team based game.

I mean…I know it’s not. But yes, I do.

Why did Capcom change Ryu’s iconic default look for this game?

Ryu spending too much time with Oro I think…

5 Likes

Capcom should start distancing Ryu from SNH or Evil Ryu and move into MU Ryu like MVC3 did.

Not really by visual or gameplan but by power ups and installs like Vtrigger, then to the new super moves like they usually do with Akuma in every new game.

By the way thats probably done by a korean artist that probably have more creative freedom on the license but not that bad at all because it retains a lot of it’s original color pallete, I like it more than the bearded Ryu in SFV. But still the iconic look should remain as the default for the game.

7 Likes

WHAAAAAAAT IS THAT?! I don’t even like card games and I want it. Also, this + beard = what I want for SF6 Ryu. Dang. I really, really want Capcom to do more with it’s properties again. Just make that Capcom v Capcom game, make an anime, make a holiday, whatever works! I just want Capcom putting stuff out there and celebrating it’s IPs new and old the way Smash brings elements of all of their libraries. PHew. This is really something!

3 Likes

Quick question, in what way did Capcom reference MU Ryu in MvC3? It’s been a long time since I played that game (I actually have Ultimate digitally on my PS4).

1 Like

Will have prefered that card game Ryu over SFV beard Ryu

But with SFV beard Ryu haircut

Blasphemy! Hot Ryu is one of the best and hottest things to come out of this era!!!

2 Likes

That design is pretty badass. Wouldn’t mind that at all as Ryu’s default in a new game.

4 Likes

That alt was a nice variation, but i strongly dislike all the attention it got (mostly in the west i guess, as the whole “hot ryu” thing came from Neogaf), as capcom risk to read comments and think beard-Ryu is a good idea for standard canon look

I know it came from that HnK episode, but there’s a reason if Kenshiro sport that beard for a single episode out of 150 lol
Even in post apocalyptic times Ken understood he had to shave that shit

Protagonist in manga/anime never have beard (or it represent a very short/situational phase), as it’s associated to older age etc

Keep that shit for when Ryu is ready to side-step into a Gouken like figure pls, wich is not the case and hopefully will not be for long time

In current (and future, see SF3) timeline Ryu is still the eternal apprentice

Nah I like the haircut on that card game Ryu, it actually looks better than the pineapple hair he has on his SFV default.

2 Likes

Capcom needs to improve the hair rendering for the next SF game in general, I really hate how it looks like playdoh, even on some of the premium costumes

2 Likes

I agree. However I think Ryu should’ve sported his Hot Ryu look at the start of ASF and shaved it off after his “special training”. ASF needed more costume changes tbh actually.

2 Likes

to begin with they could start to care

Example Mika got terrible forehead hair in Standard (like if is some not definitive shit lol), while Story alt was much better

Will have liked they just copypasted it on standard too

-terrible shit-

-much better-

On this agree too, could have been used after the first Necalli fight, during the first Ken sparring in the “jungle”

Then return to his normal look for the decisive duel with Necalli and after

Also this for the post Nash-explosion Bison

3 Likes

On the surface that costume would work but the story costume is meant to represent Final Bison not battle damage. It’s a what if costume like Akuma’s. Bison after Nash’s fight was somewhat weaker from what we can infer so the costume wouldn’t work.

The removal of a battle damaged cape ala the SF2 AM would’ve sufficed IMO.

I’m hoping they’ve already FINISHED distancing him from Evil Ryu by making Kage a thing and having him leave Ryu.

The only thing they really need to do now is give Kage his own body. Which is something Shadaloo has been trying to do for years.

2 Likes