The Ultra Inevitable Street Fighter V Story Thread

Are you welcome to an idea of reusing old 3d models and alt costumes for new spinoff titles and crossover titles like Capcom did in 90s era for sprites?

I will be the first to tell you if they just tweek some of SFV’s models (Ken face, Alex… Alex etc) and improve on the textures that I will take Street Fighter 6 just like that.

But only if it means we’re getting everything already in the game. So all characters already in and all costumes already in (maybe not ALL, but the nostalgia, story and in general “canon” ones).

But to answer your question in general… ain’t that exactly what they did with Street Fighter x Tekken? Hell, I think even MVC3 reused some models, albeit stealthly.

1 Like

Yes that’s what they did with SFxT, Are you guys welcome that practice again? for a spinoff title or a crossover game but instead a more of Capcom brands.

The current KOF had suffered from low quality 3D models but did work in a way and was polish by fixing shadings but not totally. So I won’t mind it for a KOF a like SF majority of SFV models and alt costumes now as characters along with few from SF4 models for those that not appeared in SF5 to be mix together with each other, but this time shaders are stylised to complete each other.

I mean, that’s what SFxTK was. So not really.
That game just ended up being 25 Tekken characters being made for the SF4 engine. And I would have much rather had 25 more characters in SF4.

I could have had my Everyone Is Here…

1 Like

more pics of alts

https://twitter.com/StreetFighter/status/1141752570748100608

Lol Menat there is that bad, shoul have been definitely Karin

immagine

Often tryhard to be “original” give you stupid as result

I’ll pass all these, but will unlock Classic Sim + Suzaku Castle at night

1 Like

So I’ve been listening this on loop for hours now and now I’m wanting Necro and Effie to be political musicians, heck now I’ve got this image of Effie being a political rabble rouser. She gets captured, thrown in jail and some Russian branch of the Illuminati made her disappear as a favour to a political pal and had her enrolled into the bio weapons division.

I don’t know how I feel about this, I fear it could result in things looking a bit dated. SF6 is going to most likely come out for the PS5, so when we start seeing things further developed on other titles, the game may look a bit outdated as a result, or Capcom may just want to apply a different visual style for SF6, crossovers and things going forward, so it may be easier for them to start over fresh.

I feel that if this idea was acted on around the same time of SF5 then it would be fine, but going forward towards a new console generation, I feel that Capcom and others would want to put a foot forward saying “aaah, now look at what next gen can produce!” and really want to wow people.

3 Likes

3D models not so much, but they could reuse a lot of animations from game to game. SF4 to SF5 got a huge overhaul in this department with characters getting almost entire sets of normals and stances; I wouldn’t mind if SF6 switched to a more recycling approach in exchange for a greater character count and more polished models, performance and content in general.

1 Like

Honestly, I see Effie listening to Pussy Riot anyway, especially the Kiki redesigned one.

1 Like

Added Team names and Secret team :smiley:

7 Likes

0\10 Laura’s team isn’t named Grappling Buds

1 Like

I feel like the whole “reusing the models” thing would work a lot better if, and when, Capcom starts doing things the ArcSys way.

Like, SF4 and 5’s 3D models looked mediocre at the time, and are only going to age worse.

But DBFZ is going to look just as good 10 years from now, as it does today. Because it just looks like the cartoon it’s made to look like.

But yeah, if SF finally made the transition to that style, then you could do the same thing with a Darkstalkers game, then you could use the models from both of those games in a Capcom Vs. game, and it would still look amazing.

3 Likes

“Team We are One.”

Genius.

5 Likes

@PVL_93_RU
I think you need to read again, it’s definitely Grappling Buds

5 Likes

Team Muscle Power seems to exist solely to give me an aneurysm. Last thing the world needs is SF5 mika tag teaming with SF4 Fuerte.

Throw the game in the trash at that point.

Embrace it
7 Likes

Just know that I metaphorically threw my mouse at your post.

5 Likes

Gorilla poop beat mouse though

(LOL at the run after, gorilla are awesome)

2 Likes

After my first and second post about Eri Nakamura and her inspirations for Alpha’s Chun-Li and Tao/Mai Ling coming from a Dragon Quest manga, two further things I noticed about Yao and her influence over Chun-Li’s moves after the original SF2.
In Third Strike (and V, but not in IV, where she had her Super pose), Chun-Li’s 気功拳 Kikōken adopts the same pose as Yao’s 捷星魔光弾 Shōsei Makōdan, like Tao/Mailing’s 空刃拳 Kūjinken already did in Warzard:

Moreover, Alpha Chun-Li’s hand pose for Kikōken and Kikōshō comes from Yao’s
啾星殲光弾 Shūsei senkōdan (“Crying star annihilating light shot”):

18 Likes

Quality as always with that info and insight!

6 Likes

Great info! See @Daemos? this is the kind of rich content you could put in your own wiki!

1 Like