The Ultra Inevitable Street Fighter V Story Thread

Devilotte with flying drones do work it was surprising since commonly it’s Karin a like thing for Devilotte.

All the June DLC costumes and stage

Menat + Ibuki extra battle costumes

2 Likes

Every Street Fighter game should have all the Retro Costumes day one available, no DLC. There’s no fucking excuse.

8 Likes

Clicked links to the cosplay.

4 Likes

Classic Chun li Stage would be neat

2 Likes

That Menat outfit looks terrible on her

5 Likes

The one acceptable excuse is if the game has switched up to a GGXrd art style. Which doesn’t really facilitate the existence of alt costumes.

1 Like

Yet FighterZ is starting to introduce those too. So barely an excuse. @DarthEnder

Sorry for double posting, but I think I just found Necro’s theme:

I think it’s a good way to express how Nash was superior skill/technique wise
People ever call the sonic boom but also the flash kicks show (even more) difference, Nash one was refined AF, Guile one is a straightforward way of replicate that anti-air trajectory

Nash was a saber fencer in his style , Guile swing a machete
Both slash swords, but very different spirit

One of stages will love the most!

1 Like

Are you just talking about Videl’s different haircuts? That’s not really an alt costume.

The problem is that because that art style requires the entire costume to be hand animated to look good, adding a new costume is almost as much work as animating an entirely new character. It’s just not worth the effort when you could add another character instead.

Which is probably why, even though it looks infinitely better, Capcom won’t do it. Because there’s no way they’d give up all their easy alt costume money.

1 Like

Well said.

Real men use two hands

Great, now I’m gonna spend the night thinking about pale, eerie, cute Russian girls whisper singing in my ear…wait, I’m okay with this. Carry on citizen! (This is strangely catchy)

1 Like

I’ve always wondered why it takes Capcom longer to make costumes than it does modders. What are the technical issues going on with that?

Therefore Oro is not a real man?

1 Like

Technical nothing, they could have released SF2 Sim ages ago, just like suzaku Castle at night, to take two recent example

Or watch sf2/3 Ken, that will take them really short time and still they did’nt released It, even if surely at some point will come (maybe they already done It lol)

It’s just about theyr plan of keep releasing stuff… If they played quickly all the easy ones in early months, they will have to work harder to keep the pace later

Also artificial famine works in multiple ways to make people buy crap they will not buy if they got other better/more options too

As consumer are all shitty pratices, but i understand why they do it

When I said it’s barely a reason, I was thinking of different costumes like Alpha/SF2 Ken or Alpha/SF2 Ryu or SF2/SF Alpha/SFV Cammy that are barely different. After all, before SFV legacy costumes weren’t even a thing. These should be easy to implement even in the tougher conditions it takes for that kind of style.

Outsourcing

2 Likes

That and the approval and revisions etc.