The Ultra Inevitable Street Fighter V Story Thread

Man, every time I see those Eagle quotes, it makes me wish there was an entire guide of Capcom Vs SNK 2’s win quotes. That game has a lot of characters, so I could only imagine how many quotes that’d be all together.

And that’s only the win quotes. All of the characters (outside of Shin Akuma and God Rugal) have unique quotes with teammates, too.

3 Likes

At no point has any developer I’ve seen say “don’t worry guys it’s worth the wait” and when the news drops people are like “ok that’s fair”

The door swings both ways. Nothing will satisfy the ravenous and self entitled gamers of this generation.

2 Likes

I would argue that releasing your DLC Season right after EVO IS taking the tournament cycle into account.

Even Capcom realizes that the Capcom Cup is not the REAL Super Bowl of Street Fighter.

Releasing after Evo is basically a mid season shake up. They would’ve had 5 months worth of data to do a balance patch with and then around 4 months of gameplay with the new patch afterwards. So its more or less split as evenly as they could manage based on Evo’s scheduled date.

After wee see how things shake out with this new decision, we’ll have more real world data on the good and bad of it.

2 Likes

I’ve pretty much reached a point where I’ve become content with the game as a whole.

Therefore, whatever they decide to add…is a-ok with me.

Characters and additional story content is the dream, though.

4 Likes

And that’s how It goes

There will ever be somebody that cry because whatever the announcement is, does’nt meet his expectation

And to be honest there’s a bunch of SFV haters that regardless of the announcement will say that is a flop and SFV still suck

My point Is that i’m glad see Ono poinnting at the long wait as some thing that Capcom have to compensate with something good

I’m already pretty satisfied with SFV cast, so whatever they add i’m going to be good

How Ono make It sound, august reveal is going to be bigger than normal SFV reveals
2 characters or more (more characters, characters+stuff etc) seem safe bet and Is good to me

2 Likes

I have been chatting to someone who claims to have leak info about the rest of S4.

Said the roster is disappointing and only knows Honda is included.
Mentioned story mode part 2 as well. We shall see…

1 Like

How does he know it’s disappointing if he only knows about Honda?

Does Honda being in automatically make the entire season disappointing? Or is it disappointing because there’s nobody else besides Honda?

6 Likes

I was wondering will he also claim that it was Capcom delay or changed it last minute if those didn’t happen. The thing is they cannot change and throw work like DLC if it’s on it mid stage development were testing and modeling had already occured especially in the final phase.

1 Like

What’s the roster?

The last time someone said to be credible about storymode 2 claims it the story was focus about another new Doll. Thats more like a fanboy wishlist that is into the skinny chicks.

Kage was beyond their radar and insist that was Evil Ryu added with a horn and fang last minute which was absurb.

Meanwhile the original fake leak was he was supposed to be 2nd Vtrigger for Ryu from the similar source, it just prove how desperate they are to link the two because it had edgelord o it.

Some even used the inconsistency of bengus art in-game which is it is evil Ryu but the thing is a there are alot of inconsistency in the other illustration like the costumes of the characters because they are just compiled right in the deadline those weren’t something they are strict.

Probably if that was Edgelord Ken instead of Kage they would even insist that was Evil Ryu modified last minute too.

Same cliche of excuse they did to make believe fools that Soki from Onimusha was a last minute modification of Zeku. Man if they said Strider that would give a doubt but Zeku is no Soki that appeared in TVC.

That’s when you know this fake leakers has no f*king idea what they are talking about by how they are caught not just by their inconsistency but also their lame excuses.

Movelist and the gameplan are designed meticulously in a fighting game especially a game with esport standard like SF from hit boxes and a lot of things that requires time.

You know that this thing is making a fool of their followers, apologist and believers making them believe that the argument like “visuals a justification to believe with” like adding horns and last minute changes or changing soki to zeku because of the armor along with the Capcom QA servers how ridiculous was that one is lol.

Same thoughts too, Looking back comparing the current state of SFV in terms of costumes, modes and stage to previous SF games even Mahvel… SFV seems to be better of them without the Fightmoney thing.

1 Like

I’m hoping they’ll repeat last year’s “and they’re out next week”.

4 Likes

Give me a decent PC, an access to CVS2, and I could write it all down in less than a week. Unfortunately my PC isn’t doing so well with PS2 emulation (too CPU intensive) so the framerates tank completely

Fun thing, i need Honda
It’s one of the big martial arts rep still missing, give me Honda(Sumo), FeiLong(Jet Kune Do) and Abel(Sambo). Possibly add Tom(modern MMA)

I take a season like that 10 times out 10 over many characters people seem to find “interessing” lol

Is there any special criteria would you like to be applied for Street Fighter VI’s roster?

I would simply like them to give more of a chance to those ‘forgotten’ Street Fighter 1 characters (Retsu, Lee, Geki, etcetera).

And, maybe, not more than one Street Fighter V newcomer returning, I simply wasn’t fan of any of them aside from maybe Necalli and Menat (and I know many people expect good things from G). I think I even liked the IV guys better.

Lot of SF2 reps, not all but a good 2/3
The good pieces of sf3/4/5
A lot of new characters

Core on nationalities/martial arts, less on scifi/gijoe bullshit

1 Like

[quote=“Cestus_II, post:2552, topic:586509”]Lot of SF2 reps, not all but a good 2/3
The good pieces of sf3/4/5
A lot of new characters[/quote]
So, pretty much the same as V but with more SF2 guys?

Gotta say, SFV made me sick of new characters. Unless they get a GOOD designer, I really really really don’t wanna see any more Abigails, Zekus, Kages, Falkes, etc…

But well, to each its own :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Less than a week? Shit, I’d have that done in like two days max.

The problem is it’s only in the Jpn version. I have CVS2 and would’ve been completed this project had it been possible. It’s the same thing with Alpha 3’s win quotes. The Jpn version (Zero 3) has personal win quotes for the entire cast.