The Ultra Inevitable Street Fighter V Story Thread

I agree with the criticism on SF5 on the late content. I respect everyone passionate opinion and perspective.

I like criticism and disagrements because it helps us improve and see through which area the next thing needs to be better along which area should be raise and should be kept as is, because some confused change as improvement and trends as standard.

To be specific with where discussion had loss was because of stereotyping and unlikely comparison.

8 Likes

Part 1 of Guile vs Winter Soldier

9 Likes

Oooh, I’ll check this out in the morning! Maaaan, I really wish MvCI was better. Seeing the Marvel and Capcom universes clash in a series of shorts would be outstanding promotional material.

He also said he considers Smash 3DS to be Smash 4 and Smash Wii U to be Smash 5 so…he can be an idiot sometimes.

He’s right on that one. Smash 3DS was released first and that would technically make it the 4th game. It’s not his fault the fan base ignored it in favor of the console game.

One thing that really struck me in this the last 100 or so replies, is the number of ingrates dissing Ono. It’s appalling that we’ve lived long enough to see people forget where we were before Ono. The day that man begged Capcom to save SF is the day he changed the fate of the entire fighting game genre.

Forgive them, for they do not know what they are doing.

6 Likes

Ono is an easy guy to blame for everything as he’s been the face of the series since it’s revival in 2008. The unfortunate side effect of always putting yourself out there.

I’m happy to blame Ono for some stuff but I’d never bag on the guy in general. Dude revitalized the entire genre.

Who do I bag on?

Capcom leadership. They’re idiots and are HOPEFULLY now getting their shit together (DMC5 and RE2:RE were amazing)

3 Likes

Way better than the whole Marvel Vs Capcom Infinite story mode XDD

To be fair with everyone.

The idea of a fighting game and what makes it competitive has evolve and change. So it’s hard to classify smash isn’t part of it unless it would it would birth into a different category like arena fighter or etc but still along with those terms.

Nowadays that even the likes of destrega and bushido blade is considered a fighting game, even the likes of Marvel Contest of the Champion is a fighting game in current trends under some consideration.

SFV have noticeble and obvious changes that simplified and complicate some areas where previous SF weren’t but…

…it doesn’t make smash closer to SF2 or whatever SFA than SFV interms of gameplay experiences. it’s still very street fighter in the core of how you play it either casual or pro what I mean.

To be fair with Ono

Ono has the love and passion for SF, not just something that is work and profit. Which is a good thing he even involved in MvCi promotion even it’s not his major responsibility.

I know there are some areas the guy is a negative for some and me, but that could be not just him alone that could be a mutual agreement, that’s how a board and brainstorming works. Since this isn’t a passion project anyway.

Yes he is easy to blame because he had been the face of SF as of the new milenium actually for a decade as of now. Like I said before the fugly serious faces are japanese fads that I even notice prominent in gashapons and anime as a joke which was around SF4 but isn’t a dominant trends nowadays.

And Smash Wii U is ALSO the 4th game, because they’re the same fucking game.

Hey man, no mistake, the guy completely revived Street Fighter. And, by extension, practically the entire fighting game genre.

But does that one fact make him immune to criticism forever? Are people not allowed to call him out for any of his bad decisions(which he makes a lot of these days, or at least doesn’t prevent being made by others), ever, for the rest of time?

2 Likes

Of course not. But what are his ‘bad decisions’? Let’s talk about them specifically instead of taking a shit on the man himself, who has lived and breathe this game for what feels like an eternity.

Ono has been relegated to PR at best, and a mascot at worst for the time being. The fate of Street Fighter is no longer in his hands - For better or worse. So let’s not attack the man while he is down.

I’m enjoying SF5 the game and the scene more than any fighting game since CvS2. So for me, SF6 can wait. Hopefully EVO 2019 will inject some adrenaline back into the game to sustain us for another 2 years or so.

3 Likes

3DS has different aesthetics and it’s own stages. That enough to make it it’s own game.

The first thing to do is know if the bad decision was actually his. A lot of fans like to blame him for balance issues when such things ain’t his job. He’s said a couple of times balance issues falls with the battle director. I doubt the gems of SFxT was his idea neither.

2 Likes

No, it fucking isn’t.

Granted but ultimately SOMEONE should take the blame for a bad decision. And generally speaking that person is, you know, the person in charge of the project, instead of “Who knows? I don’t! Lol!”

Whether he’s the actually person that made the choice or not, he’s the Producer on these games, he allowed the choice to go through.

Damn, this is a long and complicated blow up. I’ll need a few days on it.

Honestly, I didn’t have such a great opinion of SFV in the beginning. I found myself finding amusement in watching people go back and forth over it. All I really cared for was the story, which I ended up enjoying more than I expected.

As time went by, I began to play it more and more, eventually coming to the realization that I really enjoyed it. I played SF4 for several yrs, so switching between games wasn’t easy. It wasn’t a matter of SFV being “easier” since the combo system isn’t the be all end all. I really had to adjust my entire playstyle and stop playing SFV as if it were SF4.

SFV is a game that can piss you off beyond belief and turn you into a living salt machine, but I’d be lying if I didn’t admit that this game has given me well over 100+ hrs of fun and excitement. Got a chance to fight against many pros, watched myself improve a good amount, and had fun with the content.

At the end of the day, not every game will appeal to you and that in itself is fine. That’s the beauty of fighting games in today’s market. You have a ton of choices. Sometimes I see the same dudes from 2016 whining about SFV and I’m like, “Dude, move on already”. You’d think the game left an emotional scar on them or something lol.

6 Likes

I had fun time doing this :smiley:
Unsure if add teams name or not lol
(click twice for full size)

9 Likes

Hey! I liked Honda’s team!! :smiley:

Some fanart

v

8 Likes