The Ultra Inevitable Street Fighter V Story Thread

No idea what that is but you’re the one who quoted me. So I guess you could do the sassy emoji thing and then go feel superior or have a convo.

I got sassy faces too, watch:

cena

Oh, this dumb shit:

Its quite a bit different when I offer up a stance and you just offered a passive aggressive eyeroll. So technically its incumbent on you to offer up a rebuttal to my points, but you did the thing with the face and the sassy stuff.

3 Likes

Yup man I knew, It’s just the team based format not the in-game mechanics and fundamentals of an SF game.

1 Like

6 Likes

Do you think Ono will be in charge of Street Fighter 6?

I think due to the shakeup, he’ll have a reduced role going forward, but I don’t think he’s completely omitted from SF. Can’t remember the details of the shakeup.

1 Like

Isnt he still head of SF? I believe he’s just not head of the division anymore.

IIRC he lost that title shortly after SFxT

1 Like

Ono isn’t in charge of Capcom’s fighting games anymore. He got replaced by the producer of Monster Hunter

1 Like

The biggest hope for SF6 is that Ono has zero influence over it. At this point most disappointments over the previous games are intrinsic to his personal preferences and won’t be gone if he stays in charge.

3 Likes

Most of the shit people hate about modern Street Fighter isn’t directly his fault. He isn’t hands on as his role as producer. He’s more of a manager.

3 Likes

I dont think he’s at fault for a lot of the bullshit. Its just Capcom Japan is terrible, I truly believe he at least tries.

It’s probably the priorities of those some from above that sneak unlikely stuff on SFxT as a way to experiment if that would slip unnotice.

Ono doesn’t have the influence you think he does. He’s not the battle director. Ono basically begged Capcom for the money to make SF and that is why the franchise is back. Ono’s main thing was promotion and they basically kneecapped him in season 1. His trolling style pissed me off at times, but Ono stayed in contact with the community. If he were in charge we would NOT have this radio silence nonsense.

8 Likes
  1. A lot of people hold T3/Tag 1 near to their hearts, but that aside I already discussed this point.

2. Irrelevant to most people outside SRK and tournaments

3. I will give you this; SFV did actually introduce some interesting characters, and has a better batting average there than most fighting games this generation.

4. Really? You don’t in any way think this is a result of a narrow, linear game where characters are constantly trying to do the same things? SFV didn’t add this, it just removed everything else.

5. I’m not going to beat off over execution, it’s just an arbitrary thing in most cases. However, the relatively few combo routes available in this game kind of undermines that. Just makes the game feel boring to play and watch.

6. Replays? You mean a thing that is all but expected of a mainline fighting game by now? Jfc man…

7. You even say it’s silly, so I’m not going to argue here.

[quote]I could probably mess around and give you more things. But that’s it for now. This is all coming from somebody who has called this game one of the worst SFs at one point or another. I’ve trashed this game, pointed out when its good etc.

So yeah. SF5 is a mixed bag. For the most part though, there’s a lot of stuff they did to keep the game happy and fun that wasn’t gameplay related which we would all benefit from having back.
[/quote]

So the only thing I could give you here is new characters fitting into the series well. I would have even accepted the soundtrack (which is actually good all things considered) or the original pitch for FM before Capcom went to every extent to undermine it, but neither you nor anyone else that tries to speak for the game brings it up when you spend this much time trying to justify bad ideas.

SFV is only alive right now because of the brand name and funding for a tournament scene that is fucking irrelevant outside of marketing for most people. The fact that people are seriously floating SF6 less than 4 years in speaks volumes about how badly everyone just wants to bury this mess and move on. When you can’t think of anything to do with the actual gameplay of your “fighting game” that is commendable without a few asterisks, there is a problem.

I got all excited but you basically said a bunch of nothing.

jebaited

Didn’t know this was reddit or GameFAQs.

All my patreon subscribers can go ahead and smash that muthalovin’ like button if you wanna see me destroy this post with FACTs and LOGIC and EVIDENCE.

Ooooh, Patreon donors get to see me give commendable points with Asterisks of games I love.

Now are just being silly man. Whenever SFVI drops, people will bitch about SFV being better and hoping SFVII will be better. They did for SFIV. Most SFIII stans would not give the game the time of day at release. It’s par for the course and in our current whiny society its only going to get worse. The old thing is always better, whatever is current is ass, and the future title is always the next great hope.

4 Likes

Ono is just a PR guy at this point, I doubt he will ever direct or produce a Street Fighter game

1 Like

In the end, there’s somebody at the top who oversees all the aspects and gives the green light or rejects what’s being made. Say Harada in Tekken or Itagaki in the first 4 DoAs. And that person has to review the gameplay too, any main director who’s not capable of evaluating the job of the battle director and defers all decisions because “the battle director knows best” can’t be trusted. Given that all SF4, SxT and SF5 have similarities in the creative or artistic style I find it hard to believe that as a producer Ono wasn’t majorly involved with the decisions regarding both the gameplay and aesthetics. People have pointed out that the major goofiness that permeates all three games coincide with his personality, so it’s reasonable to assume he had a hand on it.

Even if he hasn’t been involved at all with SF development, the statement states mostly the same. Change to “Let’s hope whoever was involved with SF4, SxT and SF5 gets replaced by someone different and ambitious enough to not simply continue the defects of those games”.

I’m not convinced Capcom won’t double down on the casualization aspect and go even more esports friendly with the next installment, especially considering their recent report to shareholders and that Street fighter is literally their only competitive IP now that Marvel vs Capcom is in the grave

As SF fan i’m grateful to Ono

He resurrected SF with SF4 and made clear SF2 cast is core

He maybe saved SFV from being this crap, wich clearly is not his style

He’s no perfect but people hating on him start from the huge wrong idea that if-was’nt-for-Ono today SFV will be the SF they dream

If SF6 end up like the crap above i will miss Ono

2 Likes