The Ultra Inevitable Street Fighter V Story Thread

A wild Pert appears in the Story Thread…This ain’t real life.

11 Likes

Its gonna be a dark day.

Also Guile is constantly gettin paired up with Chun since they’re the Shadaloo task force. Sagat and Sim are a pair because Sim taught sagat how to stop being a fuccboi.

Also Nash gets magically brought back to life a 2nd time and teams up with Necro to stop the people who turned them into science experiments. This story takes place after 3S bwcause the SF timeline means fuck all.

7 Likes

True, for all we know Sf6 could be even worse

That’s implying we’re getting another revision a-la Arcade Edition

Replace the Juni/Juli team with Xiayu/Jianyu. They are far more interesting and would actually be a true team - they already work together.

3 Likes

2v2 teams are ass though. KoF had it right with the 3 person teams.

3 Likes

A thing that actually puzzled me was that, of all the dolls, we’ve seen fighting in ASF three who theoretically were less able to combat (Enero, März, Aprile) instead of the supposedly strongest ones (November, Jiǔyuè and Yángyuè). Enero gets a pass because she’s the leader, but still…

1 Like

That’s because the strong ones are the focused weapon users, and making them would have required more effort and unique movesets.

Whereas the non-combat ones are all just hand-to-hand fighters. So they can all just be Cammy with a gimmick move.

Santamu and Satsuki did make the cut though, and they’re both cool weapon users. They just mostly don’t use their weapons…

1 Like

I dont believe they just randomly picked dolls. They went down the line in order from Enero to Santamu. Then they didnt have time / money to do the others and skipped over the last few dolls (Jianyu, Xiayu, Noembelu). I believe Decapre was already there since she was planned to be in the game initially, so she was probably sorta done.

Im glad we at least got to see Santamu, sure its very incomplete moveset but it gives us a glimpse of what could be done if she was a fully developed character with a complete moveset. I find her way more interesting than Falke tbh…

3 Likes

Was.

Present-day SF5 is the superior fighting game of the 2 IMO, and remains a competitively viable offering in the market despite its bad launch (which was 3 years ago btw). We’re still talking about and playing SF5. Where will MK11 be in 3 years?

The novelty of MK11 has worn off for me, and its story mode behind its expensive veil of hollywood production is just as bad if not worse than SF5. The fact that 50% of the new Kombat Pack are guest characters is depressing. So glad Capcom in this sense at least, are stubborn.

5 Likes

I’m kind kf mad they developed the dolls that much but didnt make them playable. Weird AF. Guess they would still need triggers and supers but man, they’re already halfway there with playable characters.

1 Like

The story forum is more active then the SFV general thread.

:+1:

5 Likes

We’re very much in the same page, that’s were the topic had begin with, I knew that you also like it you talked that in the other thread in past month. CVS2 fan here.

This. from game design standpoint, because ideas isn’t just as easy as people think about especially nowadays even there are plenty of references they need to innovate.

The other reason is if they intended to make them characters before and reserve them for awhile and waiting if they would had positive responses in the dolls in the cinematic mode they would probably did them.

2v2 a la Rival Schools could be kind of cool. The team mode in SF5 is actually pretty cool. You can basically make SF5 be pseudo KoF with it which makes the game a lot more pleasent.

Guy should be paired with Ibuki. Whole story about getting her to stop thotting.

1 Like

Just read Ono will be at E3

Big news will be at EVO, but maybe we will get something (stages/costumes) at E3 + if we are lucky a teaser of the EVO thing

It could be even a smart way to use E3 as spotlight to get EVO views

Well, we know at EVO something “big” is coming, wich in theory could be something between more characters or more characters+extra stuff

Example i think at some point we will see a second something, be it 2nd Vskill or CA

Also we got characters that seem made to be developed story wise, like G or Ed/Falke and theyr newborn NeoShadaloo and for both will make sense at least work to expand (if not conclude) theyr arc inside SFV

Idk as much some seem to push for SFV death, i actually waited years to have it developed to the point it is now, and i’m more than willing to see where they could keep develop untill it become really 100% complete inside 1 or 2 next years

Also because again, if SF take the DMCV route SFV may be the last SF i buy (but this is another story)

3 Likes

This is why I want it to be a dream match like KOF but the endings are different having multiple illustration endings based of retelling of past events AKA Flashbacks like in SFV’s Arcade Mode and individual storymode in instead of joke endings and what if endings. Which I did mention earlier in the thread.

So each character is not restricted to one team and one ending. So it would be fun discovering combination of teams and unlocking historical past events in form of illustration endings.

• Like we got multiple team ups with multiple combination and one illustrations that can be combined and compiled into one comic about that time.

So we can have for example Juri can be with Seth, Viper.

Like a team of Nash, Urien with Kolin or Kolin, Urien with Rashid have the same ending and the illustration is base of SFV where Kolin introduce Nash, Rashid and Juri to Urien. Since you can also swap Nash or Rashid for Juri.

but a different ending is with the team of Ryu, Nash, Guile or Guile, Chunli, Ryu or Chun li, Nash, Ryu have SFV events based on Bison demise in that game.

While having Guile, Chunli and Nash have alpha 3 ending instead.

then building a team of Viper, Juri and Seth has a SF4 illustration where Seth commands them.

This also allow Bison to have multiple teams.

• So It doesn’t matter who the last boss is since it’s non-canon, it’s like Omega Rugal…

• And the unlock illustration is more like KOF98 that has no relate to Omega Rugal other than being based on historical events or the relationship of the characters that is combined to formed in that team. But this time were unlocking one page comic book illustrations like the SF5 Arcade mode endings or the CFJ endings.

Since what matter is the team up that will unlock historical events afterwards not what happened after defeating a non-canon final boss character.

• It’s like Sacred Treasure Team of Iori, Kyo and Chizuru like having as another team but the differences with this one is that everyone does not belong to each other because it’s the past events and involvements that tell the possibilities of which team they can join.

• So they can have 3 or more participation depending in previous events. Compare to the traditional restrictions and limitation of built-in teams combination.

• It’s a fun way of unlocking stuff and discovering combination while also encourage everyone to try experimenting with different characters in a team or discover different combination with two of the most familiar that had used before, either for the sake of unlocking illustration or having a desire of having a team-up.

• With this set-up team combination also doesn’t end up forced and cringe because it natural and base from events that occur and happen.

-So it’s a fun way that it encourage diversity and discovery for both story and gameplay aspect.

• For the like of Akuma which is solo and a loner what matter is his past encounters so he can have illustration based from those conflict like having Gouken, Ryu for SF4 illustration.

-Akuma another combination is like have Gen and Gouken having the SF4(Anime Trailer) as the illustration in the ending.

@DarthEnder

Have you a link for these sprites you use? I want give a shot at my KoF style teams :smiley:

2 Likes

Those are made by an SRKer actually. Onw of them Brazilian guys in the SF5 general. Think its @Volt.

4 Likes

I wish I was that good.
It’s @milesrey or whatever his SRK name is.

6 Likes

It’s the glorious and great works of

@MilesRiey

I have been a follower of his twitter

https://twitter.com/Relusion3

3 Likes

No, we don’t. Nor do we know if this something is “big” at all.

1 Like