The Ultra Inevitable Street Fighter V Story Thread

Man… I want a Street Fighter game that looks like this

13 Likes

1 Like

Well, to Cammy’s story anyway.

3 Likes

Not that i don’t agree.

But i would like Cammy’s story to evolve beyond the dolls.

I don’t see the problem with characters who just have powers. When the series characters have superhuman strength and abilities for just knowing material arts I don’t see why someone who can achieve those same feats with magic and genetic experimentation should be off the table. If Street Fighter went completely batshit like Baki the Grappler I would just shrug.

4 Likes

Again, as said Is personal preference

SF dynamic include “powers” but for 70/80% Is still about the very best martial arts Champions trading punches and kicks

This to me works better when they design actual fighters as It keep the high level more “legit”

As soon any douche with a magic ability Is “SF level” without his design/story suggesting there’s also a value as fighter, something get lost

Personally i think SF4 understood It better, but SFV got some nice newcomers too

Who’s the artist?

It’s from a japanese Grand blue mobile game that did a collaboration with Capcom

I’m afraid that won’t happen unless ArcSys makes it.

3 Likes

Reality as of now. The only thing that can happen for that is a collaboration.

But Capcom or the likes of Bandai can imitate the art style but not everything that works around it like animation, the lightings, the shaders and etc that makes those 3D models move and act like there 2D anime counterparts or better.

The other things is that to hope that a new 3D engine someday would support something like Arcsys did and Capcom would invest for that technology advancement.

I’d like to think they could. But Ono doesn’t seem interested in making SF not look lilke ass.

It’s from a Street Fighter collaboration event in Granblue Fantasy, was held a couple of years ago. That artist is probably the same person that usually draws character artwork for that game

They also had artwork done for Chun

Rashid

Karin

Bison

Sagat

Necalli

and FANG

12 Likes

It’s not Kinu-level good but is still nice

Too bad SF6 will likely be on DMCV engine and move in opposite crappy direction

One of the reasons i pray SFV stay alive as long as possible

I sincerely doubt that. The new DMCV engine can be adapted to recreate the current or Kinu-level art style.

MK and Tekken already have a monopoly in people’s minds on the “realistic” fighters, and on the other extreme, DBZ and anime fighters exist. Capcom will likely stay in their lane as that is what gives them their market edge and makes them stand out. Admittedly, I do hope it’s more Kinu and less clay fighter though, but I do I love the way SF5 looks and animates. It’s very easy on the eyes even after all this time watching it.

8 Likes

Hell no, the sooner SFV is gone the better

2 Likes

Capcom will likely stay in their lane if they’re smart, I agree.

I’m not sure if they’re smart though.

3 Likes

SF6 can’t get here soon enough.

I am enjoying the hell out of Mortal Kombat 11 but it needs competition and SF5 does not cut it. That game was half-baked.

2 Likes

can =/= will

I WANT capcom to give me an anime/japanese aesthetic SF6

But i see that DMCV crap and the Money they did with it, and suddently i wish other 7 years of SFV LOL

…because if the vibe i got is right, SF will be dead to me

1 Like

Keep hearing that, as if SFV it’s the absolute worst capcom can do with SF.
I see DMCV (and before DmC) and i think capcom can prove they can dig much much deeper

Btw SFV Is not even complete (as no SF Is untill it’s final form), let me enjoy for a year a finally 100% SF

1 Like

These pairings are off because it needs more silly crossover storyline reasons for teams.

Ryu needs to be with Rufus and Abigail with Dudley. Ryu is wondering around looking for Ken, runs into Rufus whose motorcycle just broked down Rufus gets excited because he is also looking for Ken. But because Ryu is a bum, they need a vehicle. Rufus goes to steal the closest thing and its Abigail’s truck.

Abigail starts losing his shit screaming about car thieves. Dudley is having tea ay a nearby cafe and goes to help because they also hate car thieves.

Or at least thats what the Tekken team would do. :joy:

11 Likes