The Ultra Inevitable Street Fighter V Story Thread

Mai-Ling was another character heavily influenced by The emblem of Roto’s Yao. Starting with her name, that’s Tao in the Japanese version, and the moves she uses; Tao/Mai-Ling also has her version of Hadōken, the 空刃拳 Kūjinken (“Air blade fist”):

Her pose is even identical to Yao’s 捷星魔光弾 Shōsei Makōdan “Sharp star demon light shot”:

Tao also has her version of the Spinning Bird Kick, the 炎龍脚 Enryūkyaku “Flaming dragon kick”.

Moreover, the same battle after which Yao apologises with Kira sees her and Kira against a bird-like monster very much like Red Earth’s resident harpy Luan/Lavia, that is the designed first opponent of Tao/Mai Ling, and who like him attacks with her weaponised feathers:

11 Likes

My OCD is flaring up. Akuma and Necalli wouldn’t be in a team tournament. Akuma would rather get in a death match with a potential partner than fight with them. Necalli will needed to be controlled for any kind of partnership to work.

What connects Fei Long with Yun & Yang Uncle?

I can agree with the sentiment of putting T.Hawk with Fuerte. They have a history at least.

Yooo that animation is GODLIKE

2 Likes

Akuma’s definitely the kind of character I don’t see teaming up with anyone. Maybe with Evil Ryu.

But Akuma’s definitely the type of guy that in a tag team game simply activates some kind of ‘Super Saiyan’ and goes solo against two opponents at the same time.

Ryu with Bison and another Shadaloo Rep
Ken with Bison and another Shadaloo Rep

Is brainwash form of their versions, a nod to their Alpha 3 history.

1 Like

Better question, what did poor Alex do to deserve Remy…

Now there’s only one team missing.

• Non-Canon Low-Budget Garbage Design Team - Oni/Kage
3 Likes

I dream of a day we can have a Street Fighter chapter that features no ‘evil satsui’ clone characters or any other clone character (other than Ryu and Ken or Yun and Yang).

4 Likes

Random thought. They could introduce Kevin Stryker as a hollywood actor with his own TV show “Street Fighter 2050”. Hed be like the johnny cage of SF. Lol

2 Likes

Not even Evil Ryu. Evil Ryu is Akuma’s endgoal. He would challenge him to a death duel right then and there.

Remy did pick a fight with him in his rival battle. Remy as character is a blank slate with nonsensical motivation. you can do whatever you want with him.

I don’t know why they are trying to give everyone a team. KoF games always had those loners that wouldn’t team with anyyone available for custom teams. Akuma, Evil Ryu, Oni, and Necalli are characters that wouldn’t be in a team.

6 Likes

I completely agree. Not even SFxT gave Akuma a partner and that game had a few dumb team ups on both sides. Some characters are better off solo.

3 Likes

That’s what I was thinking. You’ve got occasional loners, so if copying KoF, have options that affect team size.

Also, the reason I left Kage out of the list is because he’d team with Ryu.

1 Like

Look on the brighter side guys - Street Fighter is giving us almost 80 total characters which is more than enough material for thematic team-ups be it a 2v2 or a 3v3 style

1 Like

Granted. So are Effie and Haggar. Capcom could improve the quality of some of these teams by creating more fitting new characters of course. Like SF5 added some characters that were just perfect partners for older characters(Laura, Kolin, G, Menat).

But, this is the best I can do with the characters available to me at the time. Maybe Season 4 of SF5 will solve some of these teams. :stuck_out_tongue:

He picked a partner too slow.

Hugo has been Poison’s partner for ages. Mika picked Zangief in SF5. El Fuerte is the only other pro wrestler left. Alternatively, they could put Zangief and Haggar together and make a big buff wrestler team and Mika and Fuerte together to make an agile, high-flying wrestler team.

I figure since SF5 reimagined Lee as a drunken master, you have a kind of “Bruce Lee/Jackie Chan” homage team-up.

Well, Alex is Remy’s rival battle in SF3, and so was kinda the last stop on Remy’s “finding myself” tour.

Ommitted intentionally…

I don’t disagree. The way I see it happening in game is just that two of them try and do the “Akuma bonus boss” thing at the same time. Like one team has just won the tournament, and is celebrating in the finals arena, when Akuma drops down from the roof on one side, and Necalli oozes up from the ground on the other side and both just happen to attack the winners at the same time.

The game treats it like a tag match, but canonically, they aren’t actually a team.

5 Likes

Just a suggestion, to solve that you can make

Alex - Haggar, similar size american prowrestlers with Hugo as common rival

Then send Remy with Necro (they match fine on many levels) and Elf with T.Hawk (already linked)

Get rid of noembelu and Effie

1 Like

I’d pair Chun with Lucia

Yeah, Necro is the best match possible to Remy.

Alex isn’t a pro wrestler though. He’s, like, an MMA fighter like Laura.