• Fuerte/Haggar -> Alex/Haggar
  • Decapre/Juri -> Decapre/Cammy
  • Viper/Seth -> Necro/Seth

plus Viper/Rashid
plus Fei/Makoto
plus Rufus/Remy
plus Abigail/Sodom
plus Falke/Rolento

which would leave Eagle, Adon, Fuerte, Retsu, Geki, Juri, Deejay, Hawk, Necalli without teammates.

1 Like

Kinda difficult to add a team mate for Juri but tbh the character is such a wildcard you can pretty much team her up either with the good or the bad guys.It’s not much of a team,more like an alliance for the “fun” of it.

They both hate one another but i still liked it…

I don’t know if they will ever add Seth back, but i did like the team.

4 Likes

Other situation is having unnecessary conflict and something like a sudden marriage with another fighter or doing an act that wasn’t complementary with a more future written narrative that is considered cannon.

As for teams I want past teams like I said more of flashback endings from different SF games then have a team that will have present event as ending.

4v4 or 3v3.

So we will have multiple endings but not necessary after the event some were flashback battles while others are trying to find combination of teams to unlock present event endings.

Doesn’t really need new team but build on what is establish in the past.

We can also had a Juri, Viper and Seth team or a Juri, Cammy and Decapre team. Bison Cammy and Juni team.

While some characters can be selected as repetitive in one team like Seth and Seth, Bison and Urien, Twelve and Twelve as combination or simply Seth Seth Seth.

This is for characters that are clone in the narrative.

2 Likes

Gouken / Oro

OP team in lore. Make it happen.

Like for real, who would beat them lol.

4 Likes

My canon teams for a Street Fighter Tag Tournament

Ryu/Ken
Chun/Cammy
Guile/Nash
Karin/Sakura
Ibuki/R.Mika
Sim/Sagat
Yun/Yang
Dan/Blanka
Guy/Cody
Elena/Makoto
Zeku/Gen (old man team)

So everything would now about “them” in narrative not about individual characters anymore, and everything would be about the adventures, journeys and encounter of the team rather than what should happen now.

We really need Street Fighter versus Street Fighter or Street Fighter All Star.

A KOF-style 3v3 Street Fighter game opens even more opportunities

We could have “Team Ansatsuken” with Ryu/Ken/Gouken
We could have “Team Interpol” with Chun/Cammy/Viper
We could have “Team Saikyo” with Dan/Sakura/Blanka
We could have “Team Heavenly Kings” with FANG/Vega/Balrog
We could have “Team Bosses” with Bison/Seth/Gill

that sounds like much more fun to me than a Tag Tournament-like entry (and we already had that with SFxT anyway)

5 Likes

Yo, i’m not sure Cammy would team with Viper.

8 Likes

I don’t really preferred characters to be restricted each one to another other than having special illustration endings that are unlocked by combining different characters in one team.

So it’s lore-wise established team rather than being forced to each other so it’s more about discovering teams based from historical events and it doesn’t matter if a certain character has multiple teams or just have a single team.

And this illustration can be combined into a whole story for a present event while the rest were just flashback battles. So age and other conflict if that character was alive or not doesn’t matter anyway or concerned in this kind of format.

Like we could also have team ups like Urien/Viper and Kolin with SFV illustration or Viper/Juri/Seth with SF4 illlustration, While Urien/Kolin/Twelve would be SF3 illustration.

Well…

Juri did team up with Kolin in SFV story.

1 Like

I beg to differ

4 Likes

A) CHUN-LI’S 100 SECRETS

I felt immense pressure when I designed the look Chun-Li should have had in her 18 Year-Old self. So, even though I’m feeling like I would withdraw myself in a mountain because I’m still inexperienced (especially compared to AKIMAN, who was in charge of the series from SF2 onward), I’m going to reveal you some of Chun-Li’s secrets!

B) Chun-Li, 2X years (from SF2 onwards)

C) 18 years (ZERO), and already a detective… (and that’s the first mystery)

D) in her infancy (fake)

E) (digression)

I declare this design, that fuses so well her beauty with her strength, the ultimate design. Still no fighting game female character has surpassed that!

1) Hair knobs aren’t covered

2) These iron balls are another mystery

3) A Chinese shirt loosely fitting

4) A tight jersey

5) AKIMAN said: “Think of Naomi Campbell’s legs”

6) There are two parallel stripes. Now that you’re aware of that, you’ll see them even in the pixel version! I swear!

7) If you want to cosplay her, your best choice are Adidas TRX¹.

8) Puffed-up sleeves. Every girl’s dream.

9) Proof of her strength (estimated weight: 20 kg each)

10) Already powered-up thighs (by my estimate)

11) Her new special move, 旋円蹴 sen’enshū², was created with the idea of it being the first step towards her future Spinning Bird Kick. I’ve heard that overseas they called it “Half Helicopter Kick”, and I definitely agree with that!

12) I know there may be disappointing aspects, but this is a new costume, and if you remove its upper part it becomes a full body suit. Come on, street girls, I want to see you cosplaying this new Chun-Li at this summer comic-con!

13) I was worrying about her new intro and victory pose, because her previous images were so iconic. That’s why I took the idea for her notorious “Gomen ne!”³ from a panel in the manga The emblem of Roto,⁴ and I was relieved when thankfully it was well-received amongst my colleagues. I hope it will be similarly well accepted even by players, of course.

14) We’re going to skip numbers 14/100. This data isn’t Capcom official.

¹ INDEED.

² “whirling circle kick”

³ “Sorry about that!”

⁴ Well, it’s TRUE. In chapter 29, “kung fu queen” Yao apologises this way to her companion Kira, for having used his head as a platform to jump higher and beat a monster:

The same character already used moves from SF, particularly the Hadōken and the Spinning Bird Kick, although she used a variety of ki projectiles and “hadōken” was the umbrella term for all her projectile attacks rather than a specific one:

Her spinning bird kick, whom she first used in chapter 28, was named 二起星浮龍脚 nikisei furyūkyaku , “Two rising stars floating dragon kick”.

So it’s a case of returned influence: SF2 influenced The emblem of Roto, who in turn ended up influencing SFA. The primary inspiration for the Spinning Bird Kick was a move used by Shū from First of the North Star, his 烈脚斬陣 Rekkyaku zanjin “Sudden decapitation of the furious kick”.

10 Likes

That was one of the worst teams in that game. Two characters that actively want to murder each other…

Now that FANG exists, he’d never let anyone else be Bison’s tag team partner.

5 Likes

That’s the charm.

And yes,they do try to kill one another in the ending.

Viper pissed off too many good guys for them to team up with her. And I dont see her wanting to team up with Seth of all guys either.

I can only see Viper teaming up with the military characters. For her it will be purely business. In her line of work yesterday enemy is tomorrow friend. Whoever her partner(s) are will be reluctant to work with her.

2 Likes

I think it’s reasonable Viper and Juri would be teammates

Anyway I don’t want a team fighter. Fights should be a one on one thing.

3 Likes

Thanks for the translation. Eri Nakamura is the one providing the information on that page and the character/pixel artist behind ZERO Chun-Li.

ERICHAN
For fighting games, she was the character artist for Psylocke in X-Men, Chun-Li in Street Fighter Alpha, and Mai-Ling in Red Earth. She was also the lead for the 2D character model for Princess Zelda in The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap, and the 3D modeling in Mega Man Star Force and Resident Evil: Deadly Silence among others. Lately she has mostly been serving as a manager, overseeing the management and growth of other character artists.

4 Likes

Why don’t they add this costume for Chun-Li?

I’d like this, also:

Summary

Ryu as Hayato,
Zangief as Gamof,
Necalli as Byakko,
Nash as Blood,
Fang as Gore,
Bison as Bilstein,
Rashid as Zelkin,
Falke as Rain,
Ed as Gerelt
Abigail as Omega,
Menat as Luca,
Cammy as Claire

Maybe the Star Gladiator games weren’t great, but the designs were certainly top notch.