The Ultra Inevitable Street Fighter V Story Thread

Zangief is really bad. Should have done victor from darkstalkers.

1 Like

HAHAHAHA!:laughing: Ok, the problem here is that the wordplay is untranslatable, so I’m going to need my fair share of footnotes.
1)
Juri: Looks like my next opponent is a kid, how boring… ?! O__O
Juri (thought): Those are HUGE! And here I thought she was a boy… She hid awesome melons there!
Makoto: I’m going!
Ibuki: Do your best!
2)
Juri: I don’t usually bully lil’ brats, but seeing that’s you who wanted it in the first place…
Juri (thought): TITS TITS BOOBS BOOBS EVERYWHERE IN MY MIND
Juri: Come on, come on!
3)
Makoto: don’t underestimate me!¹
4)
Makoto (Juri’s mental image): Come… Lick’em!
Juri (thought): Wha… All of a sudden? Modern girls FRIGHTEN me!

¹ The untranslatable pun comes from Makoto using なめるなよ nameru na yo, “Don’t underestimate me”, but shortened because of her dialect and becoming なめなよ namena yo, “LICK THEM”.

13 Likes

Thank you :grin:

1 Like

Juri got hit with that Rindokan ligma technique

Juri: “Ligma??”

Makoto: “LIGMA BEWBS!”

Juri explodes

1 Like

It was never officialy on Youtube. Those were released on Capcom of Japan SFIV website between 2008 and 2009 to promote and, teorically, set up the story for SFIV.
However, most of the events presented on those trailers were never mentioned by Capcom again, not even in SFIV or it’s related materials (even the SFIV books). Vega/Bison’s suicidal explosion is one of those events. Even the japanese dialogue in the game and the japanese dialogue between Chun-Li and Guile in Ties That Bind are extremely careful to not fully mention what happened. There’s only the mention that they believe that the 4 Kings could be alive.
As far as I’m concerned, Capcom revisited the SF2 story (or the gist of it) at least 4 times after 2009 (USF2, SFV: AE, SF 30th anniversary and the timeline in the book SF Beyond the World) … and the suicidal explosion was never mentioned.

Anyway, the 4 anime (referred as Animation PV, probably promo video), CGI, characters and Ties that Bind trailers were released in 480p or 720p on the DVD of Super Street Fighter IV Japanese Collector’s Package (edition):

(BTW, found the picture online).
It has japanese audio only and no english subtitles.
It also have the SSF4 anime trailers as well.

Changing the subject, someone asked for a better version of this Zeku artwork from How o Make Capcom Fighting Characters:

@The_Shakunetsu, thank you for @ me to the new thread.

7 Likes

@Lord_Vega also thank you too the Zeku back art.

I have been searching for a better quality

So it was you? LOL
Glad you liked it.

Sorry, but that’s the best I could do without ruining the image. At bigger resolution, it will show a lot of Moiré effect. Would you like me to post the original scan?

1 Like

Yes man that would be great. Thank you very much.

@The_Shakunetsu: “It’s me Lord Vega. It’s me Lord Vega. It was me the whole time. You all bought it. The entire story thread bought it!”

3 Likes

Aw man, thanks for the info, hmm, how easy is that to get? I’d love to get my hands on the footage in 720p for editing purposes.

4 Likes

I would totally hunt them down on ebay or something if I had any certainty these are region free, as DVD regions were way more segmented that those on BluRay.

I checked it out on playasia.com and people said the DVD is region-free. Only the XBOX 360 version is available, though.

Edit: https://www.play-asia.com/super-street-fighter-iv-collectors-package/13/703qkv (PS3)
https://www.play-asia.com/super-street-fighter-iv-collectors-package/13/703qg3 (X360)

6 Likes

Great find!

1 Like

“Har-li”

7 Likes

no.

1 Like

This guy is a real fan of that. He had a heck of a reaction to it.

4 Likes

It’s not that hard to get it on ebay. Mine I got from a brazilian seller. It was pretty cheap as he wasn’t selling the artbook (the full body artwork with backgroud that you can easily find on the internet) and the game.
Also, you can’t choose between 480p and 720p. Some stuff is in 480p and others are 720p. I believe the animations are in 720p.

PS3

Xbox

I can’t really confirm this, but it seems to be region free. I got it working on my US original PS3.
DVD players here in Brazil usually have a way (either by inserting a code thru the remote control or by modding the boards) to disable the region lock.
I dont think you’ll have problems with PC/NB DVD players.

Here’s the original scan at 1200dpi:

4 Likes

Thank you very much for this.

1 Like

Here’s a complete “How to make Capcom Fighting characters” book rundown. Enjoy!

@The_Shakunetsu you’re welcome.

3 Likes

Street Fighter Parody Poster

From a obscure 1994 anime

Combustible Campus Guardress
Bakuen Campus Guardress

It had character designs from Kazushi Hagiwara best known for his works in Bastard!! and a bunch of Capcom Doujins.

1 Like