The Ultra Inevitable Street Fighter V Story Thread

This piece is awesome
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ELEPHZRUwAIbjiJ?format=jpg&name=large

4 Likes

It’s absolutely not fanfiction when characters like FANG, Kolin, Bison and Rose refer to this outcome ingame. It’s like when Oro states that Ryu will be ready to give him a challenge in 15 years in his 3S ending, he’s referring to a future character that Capcom didn’t just throw in for shits and giggles.

Bison (Black Moons enhanced)>Alpha 3 Bison>SF4 Era Bison>SF2 Era Bison

Daemos, what’s your take on this Bison chart? Also, where would Alpha 2 Bison fit in? Wasn’t sure where he went.

3 Likes

Since IMHO A3 and SF2 occupy the same time period, it’s:

Black Moons/ASF Bison > SF5 Bison = Alpha3/SF2 Psycho Drive Bison > SF4 Era > Alpha 1/2

I make a distinction between two Bisons we see in SF5, the default pre-Black Moons Bison is still the strongest Bison to date - until he activates the PSAs and detonates the Black Moon over New York.

1 Like

Fatal Fury is superior because it has the best main character in any fighting game. Terry Bogard is the best fighting game main character by a mile.

Also GEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESE!

7 Likes

Wait people here nowadays creating fanfic Power Levels and Tier List? Lol people.

I was on the beach today and suddenly some already shifted mindset supporting powerlevels and creating fanfic powerlist?

Are people offended with Bushinryu? Droping down Zeku and suddenly creating supporting tier argument nowadays…

My take on Bison and Guy… along with Cody.

And How I see it without jumping in powerlevels, powerlevels or story tier list are terrible. Thats why abaddon them early on.

I prefer diversity by counter abilities and skills so there would diversity in rank not someone who overrule everything. It gives DEPTH in narrative.

Agree. That’s why those two like Guy and Cody should never be level up because of spiritual and aura thing, but probably from resourcefulness, techniques, shrewdness and etc.

Guy could have a special ancient technique to counter the likes of Bison but it doesn’t mean his better in every aspect in combat and force. He might be better in deceptive style of combat practice and agility.

Something like a Kryptonite to the likes of Psycho Power user, because it doesn’t counter by power to power, force to force or strenght to strenght.

LINK:

The Super Inevitable Street Fighter V Story Thread

Look that dbz already doesn’t care about it. As someone that is knowledge on gauging analogy and data gathering.

The thing is in SF we cannot justify things in number and a singular DATA as an all out advantage and representation, because there are significant variations.

DBZ is a battle for force and SF isn’t just force and ki energy combined alone, SF is diverse from techniques, skills, agility and strength.

Link:

Why diversity of power and skills are better for the Depth it avoids the problem of having someone overule everyone and avoid the situation were DB anime inconsistency needs to go with Gods beings in narative.

It avoid narrowing the narrative match up and it doesn’t work for a game whoch meant things to be playable instead of being watch.

SF has some sort of DEPTH and diverse in counter reaction and encounters to each other which makes thing interesting not just in game play experienced unlike DBZ saga.

You cannot create anime fights with Goku against generic anime characters in the 90s because of power levels it becomes narrow and predictable. That’s why it always Superman (without kryptonite)

Unlike Ryu can go still give some sense of probablity in match up and what if.

Link:

Another example where an anime reference that was using and why it worked and explaining it below and why it does not work with SF and DBZ… and worked in that anime.

First of all it’s pointless to delve in powerlevel talk for a fighting game narrative especially to non-intended playable characters compare to an entertainment made to be watch not play. It worked on Seven Deadly Sins anime because it was done from the ground up.

Like I said earlier the diversion of skills, techniques, resourcefulness, deceptive, charisma and eloquence are not part of the so called or assumed power levels justified by numbers.

DBZ has even abandoned the idea long ago. It’s hard to make DBZ something as an example after he turned into a Super Saiyan.

If we want something that can see how power level is full integrated and a definitive part of the narrative (for now) as a measurement and also as a major concern that strongly affects the interaction in that story progression would be this anime…

Yet techniques and magical attacks that are tricks can change how the battle do work despite the power levels but not as a counter to counter.

The beauty of it’s narrative is the skills and techniques are defined and elaborated from consequences and technicalities like how the speed force is a plot device which is an actual system that has some rules in the DC universe unlike what Marvel had.

They work in Seven Deadly Sins anime because they were written and designed as a strong and important role as plot device in the narrative unlike DBZ that ended up temporary.

Another thing is type of categorizing isn’t about the uninspired power level… something more direct and interesting which is about “Class” rather than numbers used in Yuyu Hakusho Anime.

I think it’s more applicable to SF in narrative rather than what we are used to “label” things as power levels like DBZ which is even obsolete and long time abandoned in narrative.

What make it work as a plot device is it is introduced in the near end of the series conclusion so it will justify and cement whatever the series accomplish in following the protagonist journey of Yusuke… Not something to introduce a sequel or to expand a series.

Shonen Anime had this kind of usual problem because it all about raising everything at the same time without any narrative consistency, making things about just concluded with muscle advantage and ki blast advantage is meh in a well written narrative.

What Yuyu did made is more interesting in categorical design… than using numbers in data… it’s like comparing the life counter in Magic The Gathering and Yugioh that is more confusing. It even have leave a space for ambiguity for the sake of not easily anticipating a background and outcome of a battle.

In the end SF isn’t about just muscle, body mass, ingenuity, gears, weapons and Ki blast not even techniques like traditional anime we are accustomed in the past because even situation and environment do affect decision making because quick/critical thinking.

So what ever label of categorization won’t justify and conclude the advantage of a character to conquer another unless they are fully elaborated in narrative or cinematic like those ninjas that Bison beat or the dolls that Birdie beat.

Original DISCUSSION LINK

For being the unbiased here with the fanfic thread i remain consistent and coherent for this ideas with counter abilities and skills that no-one overrule everyone. The anime YU YU Hakusho shows being a class S being isn’t an easy ticket for victory.

I want Ryu to be an ideal not with complicated narrative not some OP characters that gets the spotlight on every gameplot. Same to Bison is also my favorite boss but I like him killing every other character that has decent appeal to be love gameplay wise and storywise. Bison is okay being a normal ghost haunting people in Nightmare like Geese.

1 Like

It’s something that could have happened as hypothetical scenario but never did

I did’nt added Oni for the reason canon wise never existed and it has even been playable, Final Bison is some next level stretch

You did sneak “Final Bison” as something concrete to have the excuse to have a Bison on top lol :smiley:

No Bison in SF canon ever reached that stage, simple as that

1 Like

Yeah, but dat Rick Strowd doh.

1 Like

Dude was a bit SNK’s Alex under some point of view, got fucked hard by KoF and it’s army of skinny jpops taking the control

Born in the wrong place, rip

No. My list contains all relevant and known versions of characters, including past, present, and future versions of characters where a power up or power down becomes applicable and ought to be mentioned.

Trying to make this about my Bison fandom just to discredit me is low. Read the canon.

Hypothetical turn of events =/= canon future lol

Necalli could have evolved to his prophecy world destruction 4th phase, now never will, as Ryu seem to be beyond his chances of complete phase 1

“Oni” in the not-canon form we seen in sf4 will possibly never happen either, as in SFV he seem to seek something beyond SnH (likely as result of being unable to defeat Gouken at the end of 4)

The “final Bison” you speak of did’nt happened in the canon (or in the not-canon lol) and will not happen either, the host has been destroyed and the machine shut down.
This does’nt mean Capcom can’t in future have Bison at It again (they likely will), but what shape, machines and power he will have is currently unknown

What we know is that “final SFV Bison” does’nt exist :smiley:

1 Like

He doesn’t exist as much as Ryu Final, Pre-cancer Gen, Viper without a suit, Juri without any cybernetic implant. But these versions of characters have been referenced and their power level in a completely hypothetical canon tierlist can be inferred to some degree. We are not completely shooting in the dark here, and there is a canonical basis for their positioning.

Looks like its time to ship.

Also vanessa jacked half of Ricks moves. Its kind of implied Rick is her husband. At least thats what i read somewhere

Pre-cancer Gen has been mentioned more than Bison no items Final Destination.

Says something about psycho power that the omly way to get good with it is destroying the whole planet and putting some balls in the sky.

Bison stay losing.

:pray:

2 Likes

The will and path to power is riddled with conflict and destruction, yours or others.

Ryu final does’nt exist either in current SF canon

Pre-cancer Gen IS canon, we just don’t see him during SF timeline (unless he was in SF1)

Pre-implants Juri same as Gen (unless for implants we mean fake SFV boobs)

No-suit C.Viper is canon as of course she can ever remove It like normal clothes.

It’s not same thing, these characters (aside final Ryu) actually existed in SF canon

2 Likes

We’ve never seen them in the canon is my point. If you are going to allow yourself to move the slider of time in a fictional reality to the possible past, then moving it to a possible future has the same merit.

Pre-cancer Gen and others are not “possible” past, are canon HAPPENED but simply unseen during SF timeline

Unseen past =/= hypothetical future

First is part of canon and happened, second not and at this point it’s even no more in the realm of possible future outcomes (in these specific SFV terms) as a that door has been closed

You’re completely wrong on this one dude :smiley:

2 Likes

The power level of Pre-cancer Gen is very much a possibility and a probability, it is not a certainty - therefore it can only be inferred from the canon. What is certain is that he did not have cancer at one point but that is not what we are discussing.

So no, you will find that it is you who are mistaken.

About
A
Great
Many
Things.