The Ultra Inevitable Street Fighter V Story Thread

Yo if we talking about Yoga, link some “proper” angles though :stuck_out_tongue:

8 Likes

The above is by far my fav look of Juri.

Nah, I like her “SF4, but with a little jacket” alt from SF5 best.

That said, I WOULD like the martial arts gi concept art one on the right best, but it’s never been playable.

Is Falke a Bison clone?

Pretty much.

Btw, anyone here have those Eagle win quotes from way back? I know you might @ES_Curse

Do you mean these win quotes?

8 Likes

@Midgardsorm

Wow never seen CvS quotes!

Will love to see Ryu’s, Bison and Gief take on SNK cast, plus Joe Higashi and Terry

Do you know some link were find traslations?

Yes. Thanks.

So here’s a funny question to all of you guys

We all know SFV has quite a lot of costumes - some are for nostalgia, others give characters completely new/different looks, and of course their defaults also transform the designs from the ones we’ve grown accustomed to over the years

My question is this - would you like for Capcom to take either of those costumes/redesigns and make them the new defaults from this point forward?

1 Like

Old Bison should be the default from now on for sure.

2 Likes

Bearded Ryu
Buff Birdie
Battle Outfit Laura
Undercover Cop Chun Li
Battle Outfit Cammy
Battle Outfit Ed (for @Daemos )

1 Like

Yeah Ono, I appreciate the effort but after 9 months of silence and anticipation from the fans, I doubt you can deliver the goods.

2 Likes

Eventhubs article in 3…2…1…

2 Likes

They’re unusually slow today, the tweet was posted 12 hours ago. You’d think they’d have posted something already

At this point of one of two (or three) things is going to happen.

Either they will announce the last character of the season (completing the select screen), announce SSF5 for December/Jan, or both.

1 Like

I think they’ll drop the remaining 5 chars of the season at once. Its the only way it could top their reveal from last year.

5 Likes

I think it is too late for that. The CPT will end a few months after. It’s too much of a surge of new information. A balance patch may be too late to follow that too.

It would be better from a marketing standpoint to release a bundle of characters with SSF5 if that is indeed the direction we are going. Repeat the AE success of S3 in S5, well after the noise of MK11 has died down.

There’s no way they’re just revealing one last character of the season. That would be embarassing and even I dont think Capcom is that clueless. Season 4 cant end with 2 chars, so unless they expand season 4 beyond 2019, they’ll have to finish it this year. Dataminers have found 2 placeholders and 3 possible more already, so there is definitely 5 chars in the works.

My computer had to be reset a few weeks ago, so I lost the offline copy I was holding onto. Thankfully, SRK didn’t actually close down a while back, so Mig’s post is still there from his link.

Anyhow, I strongly believe that Capcom is winding down their content cycle for SFV and S4 will only have 4 characters. 2 would just be really bad, but I don’t see them doing 6 again now that the AE hype has died down. Revealing 3 characters at EVO would be a nice balance of “fucking finally” and not shaking up the CPT too much. They can then have the final 2-4 characters come in 2020, which will keep the game going right up until the next major FG (possibly SF6) reveal at CapCup 2020.

That seems like the most common-sense course of action for the game. Maybe throw in the rumored last bit of core content (general story 2, new non-ranked mode, etc.) and you have a pretty solid final 2 years for the game.

3 Likes

A new story mode ain’t happening I dont believe that for one second. People barely cared for the first one, I think Capcom views it as a waste of resources.

What fighting games have 2 big story modes btw?