The Inevitable Street Fighter V Story Thread: ARCADE EDITION!

Yeah it’s kinda bizarre that the story order is SF 1, SF 0, SF II, SF 4, SF 5, SF 3

Would you like to point out to me where ever did I write that, please?

Well, Japan does. And since they’re the ones that made them, what they say counts is what matters.

It doesn’t matter what their roadmap is. If nobody buys season 2, there isn’t going to be a season 3, 4, 5, etc.

Well, yeah. But then SF4 would have had to be 2.5. And SF5 would have to be 2.75.

@Miðgarðsorm Just ignore him. It’s not worth the frustration.

Ok, after a LONG wait, here’s the first part. I’m sorry, I had an urgent translation to do at work today, and this wasn’t an easy job. I don’t know if and when I’ll be able to continue. Spoilered for size.

Summary

RANDOM QUOTES
・最高に楽しい気分だ。これを止める権利は、誰にもない!
I’m feeling supremely amused. No one has the right to stop this!
・せっかくの舞台だ。敗北も、被虐の喜びとして楽しみたまえ。
Since you’ve so fought, try to enjoy the suffering of your defeat.
・格闘とは崇高な儀式だ。ときとして求愛の行為たらしむ。
Fighting is a sacred ritual. At times, it entices even acts of love.
・敗者とは従属者なのだ。勝者にその身を、全て捧げなければならぬ。
Losers are subordinates. They must sacrifice their body to the winner; all of it.
・棒術のフルコース、まだ味わい足りぬかね?
I’ve just made you a full course of bōjutsu; wasn’t it enough?
vs Ryu
対戦者に対する敬愛を感じられた。君は素晴しい男だ。
You made me feel your respect and affection for your opponent. You’re a splendid man.
vs Ken
ファンを大切にするのは悪くないが、闘いの間は私に集中してもらいたい。
There’s nothing wrong in caring for your fans, but I wish you concentrate on me during the fight.
vs Chun-Li
君にわかるかな?私が今、どんな気持ちなのか?
Can you understand? Can you understand how I feel now?
vs Guile
君のパトリオッット(愛国心)では、私を貫くことは残念だが無理だな。
I’m sorry, but it’s useless trying to pierce me with your patriotism.
vs Honda
私の双棒が反則ならば君のその巨躯はどう説明するのかね?
If my batons are a foul, then how do you explain your big frame?
vs Dhalsim
長ければいいというものではあるまい。
I don’t think that the saying “the longer, the better” holds true.
vs Blanka
野趣あふるるビター・テイスト...危険な感情がわいてくるよ。
The bitter taste of rusticity… I’m feeling dangerous emotions.
vs Cammy
失礼。お嬢さんには興味がないのだよ。
My apologies. I am not interested in young ladies.
vs Zangief
フゥーム....申し訳ないが、その肉体には特別な感情は芽生えない。
Hmm… I’m so very sorry, but your body doesn’t cause any particular feeling to bud in me.
vs Eagle
まったく、やりにくいものだ。いったい何本あることやら…
That was tough. Just how many sticks were there…?
vs Yun
ヘイ、ボーイ。まだ腰が甘いぞ。攻めと受け、もっと使い分けなくてはね。
Hey, boy. Your hips are still slow. You should use attack and defence properly¹.
vs Rolento
厳しく律するだけでは、人はなびかない。心地よくいざなうこともまた必要では?
People don’t obey if you simply order them around harshly like that. What if you ask them nicely?
vs Maki
棍の扱いには慣れているようだが、さすがに私のモノは手に余ったようだね。
It seems you’ve accustomed to your stick’s use, but mine are definitely beyond your abilities.
vs Dan
スラップスティック役者としてなら一流と認めるがね。
I’ve got to admit that as a slapstick comedian you’d be top-notch, though.
vs Sakura
断言しよう。君は未精錬、かつ未成熟だ。
I hereby declare: you are untrained, and immature.
vs Kyosuke
じらさないでくれ。君ならもっと、はじけられるはずだ。
Don’t tease me. You should open yourself more.
vs Morrigan
色香で惑わそうなど、無駄なことだ。理由?野暮な質問はよしてくれ。
Trying to seduce me with charm is useless. The reason? Don’t ask dumb questions.
vs Balrog
私にてってこの棍棒は、君のグローブと同じ...魂であり、恋人なのだ。
My batons are like your gloves… They are souls, and are like lovers.
vs Vega
あくなき美に対する執着。それも一種のフェチシズムか。
An insatiable attachment to beauty. Even that is a sort of fetishism, maybe.
vs Sagat
噂に高い猛虎の攻め、楽しませてもらった。思わず全てを委ねてみたくなったよ。
I’ve quite enjoyed the attacks² of the renowned fierce tiger. I almost instinctively wanted to abandon myself to it.
vs Bison
君に与えたのは屈辱ではない。退廃的快楽のはずだよ。
What I’ve inflicted you is not humiliation. It should be more a morbid pleasure.
vs Akuma
地獄のオーガとは君のことを指すのだな。
The expression “hell’s demon” certainly identifies you.
vs Evil Ryu
破壊衝動がもたらす超人的なパワーか。華を求める私には無用のものだな。
A superhuman power that brings about a destructive urge? I’m searching for the best, I don’t need that.
vs Shin Akuma
...なんというエナジーだ。脈々とたぎる、この熱さ...おお!
…What an energy. It boils ceaselessly, and this warmth… Ooh!
vs Kyo
秘術とてそう幾度も晒せば、弱点などおのずと見えてくるのだ。
If you keep showing off repeatedly your secret techniques like that, you end up also exposing your weaknesses.
vs Iori
それが復讐と増悪の炎か...いいね。ゾクゾクするよ。
So that’s the flame of vengeance… beautiful. I’m shivering.
vs Mai
確か「オイラン」...日本では君のような娘をそう呼ぶと聞いたが、違うのかね?
I’m quite sure that girls like you are called “oiran”³ in Japan… Am I mistaken?
vs Ryo
肉体だけでなく精神も鍛えているのか。なるほど...君に興味がわいてきたよ。
You’ve trained not only your body, but your mind as well? Indeed… Now I’m interested in you.
vs Yuri
君に勝っても面白くない。なぜなら...そう、屈服感がない。
Winning over you isn’t amusing. Because… yes, I don’t feel your submission.
vs Athena
フーム、君のペースには乗りきれないな。もっとリズミカルなのが好みだ。
Hmm, I can’t weather your pace. I’d prefer a more rhythmical one.
vs King
レディには踏み込めない不可侵領域。紳士の世界は、かくも奥深いものなのだ。
There’s an inviolable territory a lady can’t step into. The gentlemen’s world is so deep.
vs Benimaru
黄色い声援など、どれほどのものかね。男にしか解らぬ愉悦に、かなうべくもない!
Girls’ shrill voices can’t do much. They can’t rival those joys only a man can understand!
vs Terry
ずいぶんと大人しい狼だね。食いちぎる程のパワーを期待したのだが。
You’re a very gentle wolf, after all. I expected a power able to bite me off, though.
vs Rock
まだ若い君には、いろいろな経験が必要だ。いろいろとね...!
You’re still young, you need experience. Of various types…!
vs Kim
正しさよりも、気持ち良さのほうが肝要だ。こと私の闘いにおいてはね。
Feeling good is more vital than being correct. I’m speaking about my fight.
vs Chang
なにも心配することはない。私は外見で人を判断したりはしないよ。
Don’t worry. I don’t judge a person from his outward appearance.
vs Joe
君との闘いには手応えがない。しかし口答えは、実に達者だな。
I don’t feel your defence in combat. But as for back-talking, you’re very skilled.
vs Todo
その様子では、護身など叶わぬだろう。好きなように攻めてくれといわんばかりだ。
You won’t accomplish your self-protection that way. I’m tempted to incite you to attack me however you want.
vs Raiden
愚か者はいつも、最後の詰めに無神経だ。
The fools are always insensible until the very end.
vs Haohmaru
カタナの切れ味、楽しめたよ。次はぜひ、サムライの神秘に迫りたい。
I’ve enjoyed the sharpness of your sword. I definitely want to approach to samurai mysteries.
vs Nakoruru
格闘にエコロジストの思想はノーサンキューだ。
Ecologist ideas in a fight? No, thank you.
vs Hibiki
フェンシングの速さにも劣らぬ剣技だね。私の二棍にはまだ及ばぬようだが。
A sword technique whose swiftness matches fencing. But it seems it isn’t on par with my two sticks.
vs Vice
破壊が目的の加虐趣味、か。レベルの低い自慰行為だ。
A sadistic hobby to destroy? It’s a low-level method of pleasuring oneself⁴.
vs Rugal
畏怖による隷属など、無粋の極みだ。互いに昇華してこそ『愛』ではないかね?
Servitude due to fear is the most inelegant thing. Isn’t “love” rather a matter of mutual sublimation?
vs Yamazaki
なかなかの悪漢ぶりだ。久々の征服感にしびれたよ。
You have the manners of a real scoundrel. That sense of subjugation I’ve felt in a long time excited me.
vs Geese
まず喜びを享受することだ。勝敗など、単なる結果に過ぎないのだから。
You must accept this delight. Because the outcome of the battle is nothing more than an outcome⁵.
vs Orochi Iori
絶望もまた人生における1つの享楽。君の生き方、否定はしない。
Even despair is one of the joys of life. I won’t deny you your lifestyle.
vs Ultimate Rugal
奇跡でもなんでもない。己が欲望に、より忠実な私の勝ちだ。
It’s not a miracle at all. It’s only the victory of the one more devoted to his desires.

¹ While the “hips” part is obvious, what is very funny is the “attack and defence” one. 攻め seme “attack” and 受け uke “defence” are also used in the Japanese gay world to mean the active and passive role respectively. “Attack” and “defence” are scattered across the quotes with the same double entendre :rofl:
² Yes, “seme” as ¹.
³ ROTFL, Eagle took Mai for an old-times prostitute…
⁴ Standard Japanese euphemism for “masturbation”.
⁵ No, the original Japanese doesn’t carry the double meaning “coming out” has in English, but I admit it was hilarious.

OHHH MYYY GODDD

THE HO YAY IS OVER 69000

Eagle is 110% fabulous, I love that you translated these!

Midgard, you are the fucking man!

That’s the entire point of Japanese Strong Style of pro-wrestling. And it’s a stroke of genius, if you think about it: they protected the kayfabe and at the same time elevated wrestling as a test of endurance. The audience won’t ask things such as “why the hell should a wrestler run to the ropes facing away from his opponent” or “why don’t they at least try to block their opponent’s hits”, because a real wrestler shall run directly into danger and scoff at it. You don’t have to worry about trying to make a match credible when you choose to focus on making it an epic battle of testosterone (yes, even between women), because a real wrestler could intentionally take an opponent’s finisher just to show he’s able to survive it, and then respond with his moves… Which is exactly what Zangief does throughout the entire story mode. In this context, it’s not surprising that in Japanese wrestling a match can be ended by just about any move, when the opponent has… used up all his vital energy, as in a fighting game.

This sheds a new light to the win quote of Mr Karate vs Raiden in KoF XIII: “That’s the problem with wrestlers. You actually attempted to take my strikes!”

Anyway, Eagle’s quotes are awesome. Now I want him in SFV even more.

Wich is the point also of the R.Mika scene, where she inflict herself to tank a Rog punch to be worth of bea Gief disciple

Also all this remember me the japanese fighting tradition of being bitchslapped by Inoki (pro wrestler) as good luck thing LOL

Here Lyoto Machida, UFC mma jap-brazilian fighter (not UFC back then)

Because

Eagle is a true Prince of the Universe.

their goes the dream is dead… and deader to marvel fans again…

been expecting this.

hopefully we get something special in PSX for SF5 still hoping it’s a character release or an arcade mode really… Goutetsu is an okay through than any Tekken guesting.

Eagle is an interesting character that needs to be in SFV

God, now I really want to see his quotes to Birdie, Karin, Ibuki, and Juri if he makes it in.

“Goutetsu was a practitioner of Satsui no Hado, martial art that incorporated elements of Karate, Judo, Kenpo … Goutetsu found the place between serenity and madness … Akuma became interested in the darker side of the martial art”

what?

Kinda weird it’s far from canon nor the previous plot guide not even from udon, assassin fist or sfa-generation… where could have he get his interpretation?

I mean, Satsui no Hado isn’t even a martial art. It’s the way you harness, manage, and use your Ki, and because of its nature it consumes your mind and soul, driving you into a killing spree madness, that’s why it’s called “Surge of Murderous Intent”, it literally makes you want to kill people

Antatsuken is the martial art, SnH and Power on Nothingness only use the moves that are part of Ansatsuken

the real name and gouken leaving the dojo duno where he get his reference from? is that from comics, manhua or manga?

Gouki is Akuma’s original Japanese name (which is essentially his real name)