The Ultra Inevitable Street Fighter V Story Thread

I think at 1:11 is also where they got inspiration for Clark’s argentine back-breaker super too, not same thing but the coreography and even the sound match too much lol
That vid is a gem that keep deliver, thanks :smiley:

Not your fault… Abel could have been GREAT addition (to me still is), but with his simple concept he needed a strong story support that totally lacked

And shit is’nt improved much in SFV, his cameo while welcome did’nt added much to him

2 Likes

Falke x BoF crossover alt, meh

Next Fighting Chance costume is going to be SF2 Bison again, boring
I hope with big update they will deliver also on FC nostalgic costumes still missing

4 Likes

That’s the 大噴火投げ Dai funka nage (“Great eruption throw”), and its mechanic was further expanded by Kajiwara two years later in his more famous manga, Tiger Mask. I believe you remember Naoto Date doing the Fujiyama Tiger Breaker, that was him doing a Monkey Flip Throw upwards and then bouncing his opponent repeatedly with his legs, and ultimately standing up and catching him falling with an Argentine Backbreaker. That was also referenced by Capcom in Slammasters, where it was Titan’s special throw (although he didn’t bounce his opponent, only sending him upwards once). SNK just fused together Dai funka nage and Fujiyama Tiger Breaker.

2 Likes

Yeah, that’s seem the case

Lol the Naoto saga seem a life ago… and actually it is, i was kid and the anime was already old

Now that you make me think about it, maybe they took from the wild man Gorilla-Man the idea of give Blanka ginger hair lol
Of course huge part of him it’s still HnK Madara, but still i can see it

Even inspired SF2tAM maybe iirc he was in a cage like a lion before fight Gief (timestamped)

Or having a soft side and cry (timestamped)

In SF was with for found his mom, in TM because Naoto just helped him

Even the story was pretty similar just africa instead brazil (wich of course was took from Tarzan, but i can see the anime being the inspiration for capcom guys), the first vid “vi presento l’uomo gorilla” show it

Who know, maybe first old Tiger Mask series hide many gems that inspired them

2 Likes

GIF version, yeah definitely a tribute! :smiley:

3 Likes

from the other thread

2 Likes

So um… No more profiles?

1 Like

Yup I wished they had continued. It was interesting to go -on

2 Likes

Is that thing also from the Street Fighter cartoon, or is it just a random profile for some robot we’ve never seen?

1 Like

Definitely from the American animated series. Courtesy of Ryoredcyclone.

2 Likes

Would like to see something like this from Capcom

1 Like

How many unique characters were there in the animated cartoon?

Quite a few, I guess, since the cartoon mostly consists of individual episodes with little overarching plot, so it’s common to see characters appear in just one or two episodes with a closed plot.

For reference:

but there’s also background characters like that robot and shit. Also the Warrior King which I suppose belongs to the tv network that aired those episodes and to be honest would fit better in Mortal Kombat.

1 Like

I would legit love to see Satin Hammer from the cartoon as a playable character.

Oh god no…at least Area isn’t cannon.

1 Like

@Cestus_II

The original concept art definitely supports your hypothesis

I believe that initial concept for Blanka served as the basis for King Rastamon from Slam Masters.

1 Like

Which was a less stupid design for a beastman character.

Maybe, but I guess Akiman and Nishitani’s intention was for Blanka to really stickout from the cast, which I guess they succeeded at.

2 Likes