The TMNT Tournament Fighters (SNES) Thread: TF Revelations

Man, I wish I still had my TF instruction booklet, there was some mad artwork in there…

These matches are now on combovideos.com (thanks to MJ).

We need to set a day to record some more matches.

Hahah, fuck you Kaneda, all I remember at that time - you were trying to make us play PS1 poverty that’s even worse than TF. :stuck_out_tongue:

But yeah with you posting, now this thread has come full circle lol

This sorta reminds me of a VF gathering/tourney we had last year. A fellow player flew in from Boston to play VF, and to his dismay like 2~3 of us kept using a TV to play Karai vs Karai matches.

Good times.

I haven’t played this game in a long ass time, but isn’t mike top tier? He has a cross up combo that does a shit load of damage and is super was unblockable.

(physical form)

Whoever said that Leonardo is low/mid tier is definitely insane. Leonardo is one of the top characters in the game. His DP covers his whole body. Once the frame of his uppercut is out, then he goes thru EVERYTHING. His buffer-throws are too good also.

Also, Shredder is another top tier character. His 5-hit stun combo is great: Jump in deep with RH, s. jab, s. fierce, Aura Crusher(FP). It only works in the corner and you can repeat the combo, but it won’t redizzy and the whole set-up takes off 'bout 45% life.

Donatello is an upper mid-tier character. His best up-close offensive is his c. jab or short canceled into his rapid tapping bow strike. Donatello is a PRESSURE character. The ONLY time you should use his super is when your character is low on health and you are pressuring your opponent and if they have no choice but to try and jump, then call out the dragon spirit. NOTHING can hit Donatello out of his super.

2nd to God: Sayid tried that combo yesterday, even with the CPS1 chain glitch, it doesnt work. I talked to him on AIM and asked him if that combo worked and he said no. He’s not going to waste his time responding to you though.

Please stop posting info that doesn’t work on this thread.

And don’t flame me and tell me that I’m wrong either, if you think I’m wrong, back it up with VIDEO EVIDENCE, since you are a known troll and I don’t want to argue with you and derail the thread and have to put you on ignore.

Again, match footage > keyboard commandos on a forum. Remember that.

cygnus: Did you have fun mashing on jump X all day with Karai x N? lol…

Hunter D: I don’t play Mike (Saiyd and Jeron do) but IIRC, that redizzy combo is character specific. his rising thunder is really too good though from what i remember. Furthermore, his super has startup time and you can jump out of it the moment he activates it even though it is unblockable. I believe you can set it up off Mike’s fireball, then mash the super, but if you do it then it becomes blockable I believe (again, my mind is fuzzy.)

The mike redizzy is indeed character specific. It gives mike instawin off a dizzy in those matchups though which is not shabby in the least considering how on a good streak you can smack someone early in a round with 3 heavys. It also gives him the option of instantly winning by landing a heavy roll but the chances of that happening in a match are kinda low.

Rising Thunder = Mike is immune to crossups as long as he has enough time to charge. If you’re playing mike try it, you won’t be disapointed. His down heavy is also above average as anti air.

P.S.:

He backed this up and brought some Leo asskicking as well as running a few other characters. Vids will be up late tonight.

this is so true.

yeah, it becomes blockable. i’m surprised it doesnt guard break. :confused:

he also felt the power of inconsistent DP’s :rofl: .

shit, we didnt event get his leo captured. (oops)

Saiyd I’ll fix your avatar for SRK tonight, remind me.

;p

Sabin, what combo are you to referring to? And it doesn’t matter if you put me on ignore 'cause it wouldn’t bother me a bit. If you can’t have a decent conversation in this thread, then I suggest that you leave. And again, what COMBO are you referring to, smart-mouth?

DAmn fools are playing this again now. 2003 Evo me and Dirty Cole was playin and i posted ill be playing noone really Showed but Crackpron.I hope you guys are ready for the Truth:lovin:

Hiro, I forgot you and Dirty play this shit, damn we gotta throw down again sometime.

2nd to God: Um…read your post again…you only listed ONE combo in that whole post, which is the one I Was referring to. (it’s for Shredder)

Sabin, you’re such a dutz, you didn’t even see the sarcasm. Anyway, move along.

I think I have mine.

=’) im loved in the wonderful world of TF :lol:

4 New Vids featuring Jeron versus Zar are up. Check them out at http://teamspooky.com/tmnt.html

There are 6 more in the set that I will try to encode and put up tommorow.

I think I speak for everyone when I say “stop throwing ground claws!”

Pretty good matches overall though.

Good matches, Jeron hit Sayid with Mike’s super, who who am i to say it sux lol

and hahaha ive never seen so many guaranteed leo chip super setups in a row :stuck_out_tongue: I know it’s guaranteed after a blocked fireball, but Jeron didn’t you try to flashkick before you were forced to block? (in the armagon vs Leo match)

and lol at the don match where 2 combos takes off like 80% at the start of th eround haha

i wanna see some of these aska differences lol

http://teamspooky.com/tmnt.html

The remaining 6 vids from the Jeron vs Zar set are now up.