The Super Inevitable Street Fighter V Story Thread

Awesome, thanks. No other info has been released so far right? Not height, or anything similar?

Thanks again!

Sheā€™s 176 cm tall and weighs 54 kg.

2 Likes

Sheā€™s needs to be checked out for an eating disorderā€¦

3 Likes

Hey, do you or anyone in your line of work know Korean? Because I have some questions about the names of Juriā€™s special moves. Iā€™d appreciate anything you can tell me about her moves.

Like in SF4 her ā€œpinwheel kickā€ is called senpusha, but in SF5 is called tensenrin. Does the word " fuha" mean anything? It appears in her moves in both SF4 and SF5. I am guessing it means projectile.

Her counter move, Kasatushi, was renamed Kasatsushu. Is there any significance to that change?

http://iplaywinner.com/juri-ssf4#specials

https://streetfighter.com/characters/juri/

1 Like

Iā€™m 95% certain her move names are in Japanese.

Kinda Ivy-like :smiley:

5ā€™10Ā½" (179 cm)
128 lbs (58 kg)

oh well then thatā€™ll make it easier for people here to translate her names then.

I donā€™t see it. Young Ivy was harsh, cold, evil. You feel her sadistic personality when she speaks her lines. Falke, on the other hand, sounds serious and introverted imo.

Thanks again dude!

Iā€™m speaking about the general imagery and overall animations, many similarities in theyr design concept
Not much about theyr nature
Btw while at it, Ivy isā€™nt actually meant to be sadistic/evil at the core

"Ivy is considered evil by many due to her Machiavellian philosophy and her appearance. She only wanted to acquire Soul Calibur by any means to sever her bond with Soul Edge. When facing her opponents, she spites them with dramatic words and she takes advantage of her unique weapon, which she invented. Beneath her cold demeanor is a heart that wants freedom from a cursed life that will do whatever it takes to be free. Overall, she is a neutrally-aligned character. "

Attitude differences aside both are ā€œdonā€™t get in my wayā€ neutral characters that want cut with an ugly past
But again, itā€™s not even the real basis of similarityā€¦ is the chara design to speak volumes

Kinda in same way Menat is in good part a Viola rip-off despite being day and night nature wise

As @Darc_Requiem said, Juriā€™s moves are all in Japanese.
ē©æé¢Ø車 senpÅ«sha means ā€œdrilling windmillā€.
天ē©æč¼Ŗ tensenrin means ā€œsky drilling wheelā€.
é¢Øē “ fÅ«ha is ā€œbreaking windā€.
化ę®ŗ kasatsu, literally ā€œconvert and reduceā€, is a fēng shuĒ term for the practice of moving objects somewhere else (e.g. in your house) in order to reduce or nullify their - supposedly - negative energetic impact upon their surroundings and, ultimately, your own vital energy. It makes sense, since Juri literally relocates herself during the move, in order to avoid the oncoming attack. Since 視 shi means ā€œvisionā€ and č„² shÅ« ā€œattackā€, therefore 化ę®ŗ視 kasatsushi is ā€œrelocating visionā€ and 化ę®ŗč„² kasatsushÅ« ā€œrelocating attackā€. Indeed, in the first version Juri only teleported; in the second version, Juri attacks after the movement. The spelling ā€œkasaTUā€ is incorrect.Ā¹

Ā¹ Well, it would be correct if they were using the kunrei-shiki style of romanisation, but since Capcom (and anyone else, for that matter) has always used the familiar Hepburn system, Iā€™d dismiss that as a simple mistake.

6 Likes

No way Ivy is a 128lbs. If she were, sheā€™s be built like Gal Gadot

@Daemos I didnā€™t know if you could do this, but could you label the Plot guide Link in the OP so people know which one it is

1 Like

What do you mean? Itā€™s already labelled as ā€œThe Super Street Fighter Turbo Hyper-Linking Plot Guide II (AKA the only verified SF Plot Guide on this side of the Internet!)ā€.

1 Like

Lol yes but thats the old link from last year. New one is here

5 Likes

These measures are from SC1 i think, she used to be very lean in first game, just like Falke

immagine

1 Like

Thank you! That clears many doubts I had.

1 Like

@Phantom_Miria You might be interested in this little Cammy related trivia.

I found a Mexican magazine article on the SNES port of SSF2 which shows Cammy having leggings. So it seems that Capcom were considering censoring Cammy to comply with Nintendoā€™s strict censors at the time. It also seems that this lost design was re-used for her cameo in Wreck-It-Ralph.

@Midgardsorm Is there any info worth on this Mexican article or is just a look at the SNES version of SF2 and giving a hint at Megaman 7?

1 Like

Dammit, why are they dragging their feet on these last 5ish Skull Cross thugs?!

1 Like

The article mentions that those screenshots were released by Capcom themselves. They are surprised to see Cammy changed like that. No other mention of this subject.

4 Likes

@AriesWarlock

Oh, I see. Thanks!