The Super Inevitable Street Fighter V Story Thread

Why Dagestan? What even is that, a made up Asian country?

Dagestan is a part of Russia with a high Muslim population. Itā€™s a growing source of quality MMA fighters. Edit: I just realized that you werenā€™t implying that Kolin was Muslim. Fail on my part.

Wouldnā€™t the Illuminati hate monotheistic religions? I mean Gillā€™s stages take place in countries with religious history, the Mediterranean with Catholic roots and N.Africa with Islamic history.

Shouldnā€™t we focusing in the fact that ratchet people are on her kill list?

The Illuminati would not hate monotheistic religions, but would probably view them as tools to regulate and assemble the population. Just another hammer or screwdriver in their toolbox of terror.

They would probably think they are all bullshit religions since theirs is the one true religion afterall.

Jokes aside, I donā€™t actually know if it matters about the mono or polytheistic nature of things, I just know that The Illuminati want to rule everything. They want all to submit to them. The thing Iā€™m curious about is whatā€™s the structure of their faith like. Is it polytheistic? Monothetistic? Who is Mariah? Maharaia? (I canā€™t remember how to spell the name, but the only passage we have is from their book of M that tells of the famed SF3 prophecy) Iā€™m curious as to other parts of their faith and hierarchy. In general I just want to see more about the organization, the super martial arts they have and its members:

-Do Urien and Gill have a public identity? Are they completely anonymous to the public or do people just see them as those random Mediterranean hunks

-Gill is thought to be the reincarnation of their past leaders, right?

-The creators at the time of SF3 used different Greek/Roman and Judaeo-christian imagery, and general messianic aesthetics , even I remember I made note of how Gillā€™s ā€œCome and follow me!ā€ To Kolin may be in reference to one of the books of Luke. Iā€™m wanting to see what else theyā€™ve drawn on.

-What other powers are available? Did any past leader hold more abilities than Gill? He seems to have a ton whereas Urien has 1 or 2?

3 Likes

Pretty sure thatā€™s the old link I had available. The link that keeps updating is this one.

New plot guide link

8 Likes

Gill has been purposely designed as a mix of religions personification, not as incarnation of this or that cult, but an image that link to
Gill is designed to offer himself as everyoneā€™s deity. Well, everyone HE chose.

Wich is fitting, because his only factor to chose whoā€™s worthy to live in his world (fight ability/potential) isā€™nt limited to specific religions or ethnic groups, but by his judgement

2 Likes

Of course, thatā€™s why SF3 is so ethnically diverse.

While i will like them to be official as ā€œGreeceā€ as i hate unknown bullshit, if i must pick a good ā€œplaceā€ for Urien and Gill to gave them a location will probably be

Urien- Sparta
Gill- Cyprus

Not sure if this was posted, but a few win quotes:

Cammy to Falke: ā€œThose Shadaloo bastards have gone too farā€¦ā€
Falke to Cammy: ā€œI empathize with you, but weā€™ll deal with things our own way.ā€
Falke to Falke: ā€œI must leave my past behind meā€¦ā€

Canā€™t wait to do the entire cast!

4 Likes

Too far Cammy? Really? Like, of all the atrocities that Shadaloo committed, some of their worst during ASF, you think Falke is ā€œtoo farā€? The animations must be really stiff I guess.

Delta Red has made you soft. Where is my Killer Bee with an obedient appetite for genocide?

3 Likes

Damn! That is snazzy as hell!

1 Like

I guess this weekend we may end up see some more contents they will release with Falke updateā€¦or at last i hope so

1 Like

@Daemos Remember when the days when she was a assassin.
ā€œBison and I will laugh about this tonight.ā€
ā€œSympathy? Sympathy is for the weak!ā€

And those my viewers, were Cammyā€™s awkward teen years. Such a peculiar time period indeed.

Of course is possible see other influences in Falkeā€™s overall concept, but i will like focus for a minute on one

To all the Soul Calibur comradesā€¦ iā€™m the only to see a lot of young Ivy in Falke?
Iā€™m thinking SC1 one with a costume that remind SCV lines

The way of move, and many other things.
Fun last but not last, he hate relationship with her father, the immortal/ghost Cervantes who used to be the boss of SC and a Bison wannabe :smiley:

with a bit of Tira (whoā€™s supposed to be german too) green make up :smiley:
immagine

Well, to be fair, we donā€™t know what exactly her upbringing was. So far we know sheā€™s a perfectionist, probably went through a hellish torture regieme for ages. Sheā€™s been hidden away and not seen until now so who knows what kind of horrors she was facing and being prepped for if she was some secret project. Bison could have maybe stepped things up.

1 Like

Well heā€™s become fairly okay with allowing his progeny liberal development of their Psycho Power capabilities. Probably because he is Psycho Power (read: Evil) incarnate and unbeknownst to them they act as anchors for his power in the physical world.

This is why Ed and Falke will never be free until they forsake the very source of their strength.

True, though I feel as though, for them to write that reaction for Cammy (Iā€™ve never seen her using bastard or any other charged language), and judging from the drastic shift of her being generally stoic to the storymode art of her being absolutely terrified and traumatized, makes me think that some sort of new level of intensity was applied to her situation or even maybe, being the last clone, there was pressure to get her ā€œrightā€.

You say heā€™s been fairly okay with allowing his spawn having liberal development of their psycho power, but what if, in order to solidify things they really crossed some lines? Iā€™m talking X-23ā€™s isolation and murder campaigns in her absolute youngest state, possibly instilling cruelty by way of giving her something or someone to care about and manipulating her into killing it, heck, what if the development also included some drastic mental conditioning.

A few things from the twitter posts stood out to me:

ā€œWeā€™re continuing to experiment with the extent to which her Psycho Power has manifestedā€

ā€œWe will continue to look for ways to suppress any emotional attachment she has to anything other than Psycho Powerā€¦and her weapon of choice.ā€

They may have put her through the wringer to get her to get creative with psycho power, but the second quote has me curious. She doesnā€™t just have a weapon, she named it, correct? Was she in a batch of clones (maybe the final before ASF?) and she showed promise, they had her have a connection with them in the way that Decapre and Cammy had a sisterhood and then, kill the source of affection?

Sheā€™s not a anime girl emotional robot, theyā€™re noting that she has affection to things and the desired result is that she only care about Psycho Power and her weapon of choice. I can see some form of trial by fire to select said weapon, but I also see them making her systematically kill anything she liked, discard and destroy any thing she liked.

At first, when her costume was first revealed I liked the yellow and black colour scheme and was disappointed by the official white default. Now itā€™s fitting with a sterile, medical environment, some form of purity and also maybe isolation. I suddenly have the image of X23 from her debut X-men Evolution episode, cowering in the corner of an all-white room. Probably filtering EVERYTHING out so that they could make her focus on expanding her awareness.

I dunno, Iā€™m probably giving this too much thought, but I see lore potential with her. Even though I would have preferred her to be something other than a clone, the game has surprised me at times and I have warmed up to her considerably, so Iā€™m game for more details and her release.

2 Likes

Hmm, between the thread splitting, Iā€™m having trouble finding it, but does anyone remember a post that translated Falkeā€™s name and a few things? I think it translated to hunter or hawk or something? I, despite my workload and better judgment, just got an idea for something (hopefully quick).

Falke means hawk in German. Hunter is JƤger.
The other 4 German words (Kugel, Kanonen, Feder and Sturm) were all referenced in her moveset.

4 Likes