The Spider's Lair - Juri

Nice. There was a similar setup concept but without the dizzy

Using the instant air lk to get the stun or to end the round is nice. However, I remember early after her release in season 1, the instant jump lk into jump mk(while in VT1) was found to not be real. It looks like a tricky mixup on a training dummy, but in a real match the natural tendency for the opponent is to just walk forward as Juri goes over them. The opponent recovers way before the j.mk lands.

True. If you turn the attack data on I’m sure it would show how negative Juri is after that instant j.LK

st. MP is that good huh

https://twitter.com/aiaitomo/status/986963276457127936

That must mean it has a hell of a counter poke box. Interesting.

I asked in the story thread about the meaning of Juri’s moves

2 Likes

speaking of that crossup from days ago, I think this is Hsien Chang

https://twitter.com/HiFightTH/status/987481111008694272

New entry in the Juri punish series. Today’s vid is for Urien

2 Likes

1 Like

I hate that this is still a thing even with the truncated VT1. Apparently the world would end if Juri looped st.mk xx mk release four times. I know I should just chain st.mk xx st.hk, but it’s still a stupid restriction.

1 Like

from the recent patch:

JURI

・Standing MP (V-Trigger)
Increased the forward hitbox.

that sounds interesting

I tried her microwalk link to see if it was easier. My execution isn’t good, so I can’t really tell a difference myself. I was able to hit it 5 times in a row, but then again I missed a lot too.

1 Like

They are EXTRA careful with giving Juri buffs for some reason.

The buff don’t give her anything new, I assume it’s QoL for chained normals during VT or something

Started playing ranked again. Gonna try and break these gold chains. Man, there are a lot of Guiles out here, though I think I’m becoming more patient.

Also, I really like this color for her story costume.

1 Like

Great mod for the best girl.

The jiggle physics are hilarious but lucky enough that’s optional !

1 Like

Necroreplying, but yes. I miss combining Kara cancels with armor cancels, or at least before they stealth nerfed ACs. Armored LK Pinwheel was so useful vs Chun& Dictator, until one day it didn’t work anymore, kinda like Store suddenly not-breaking Focus.

I don’t know which version of sf4 Juri is my fav, since early versions were buggy but later versions were increasingly homogenized and less Juri-like.

1 Like

I thought this looked like from DOA5, and it was so. Anyway, pretty cool mod. I have forgotten Juri’s cutscenes from the games. They did a good job with her face. Unlike with Ibuki.

1 Like

To be fair Ibuki is cute,but her win screen face is terrible.

But yea, Juri top tier in looks department ! I’m still waiting buffs department ! :stuck_out_tongue:

Off topic : Ever noticed how Valmet from Jomurgand looks very similar to hair down Juri ? Both of them are badass.

2 Likes