The Super Inevitable Street Fighter V Story Thread

Can any of our resident Japanese speakers translate the writings on Taki’s body please?

The torso says “My milkshake brings all the boys to yard”
The lower body “Booty booty booty booty rocking everywhere”

6 Likes

Playing a bit with photoshop,click twice for right size pic :smiley:

6 Likes

Dang, have you guys seen the brand new artwork for the Beat 'Em Up Bundle?

More links on the link. Dang Bengus’ piece looks gorgeous!

I really am liking what I’m seeing with this. I really hope Captain Commando makes a comeback someday!

5 Likes

Wow it looks like we’ll see a Alt Costume for SFV related to this.

Another one with 6 char, vintage SF2 one:D
Again click and then click again for correct size

the shit preview hide
Chun Li
Sim
Vega
Cammy

EDIT added teh Gief

4 Likes

I don’t agree with his ongoing choice of art styles and the new characters that are getting approved under him are more bad than good now, but yes, I’d say the good he’s done outweighs the bad still.

2 Likes

Between this and 30th Anniversary, it not only lets you relive your childhood experience, but it gives you a greater appreciation of these classics. I still remember the days of playing 1942 and crying because I was so terrible at it :disappointed_relieved::sob: Speaking of which, I need to give that a go now and see if I can actually handle it.

I’m really looking forward to this.

2 Likes

Strongly disagree on hoping SF to be Sony lead again that partnership caused many problems for SFV to be honest. I appreciate Ono and everything he has contributed to fighting game genre.

But Ono oversaw 3 titles that under performed in SFV, SFxTK, and MvC:Infinite. 3 out of 4… The lastest one which was the definition of colorless and souless. Even SFxTK which featured amazing artwork and cinematics was released as a disgusting mess of saturated brown and broken gameplay fixed by another team as Ono moved back to SFIV. Even with SFV there has been many problems. Presentation has often been the fault of Ono directed titles and now presentation is now actually far more important than ever.

Ono has already lost this position almost 6 months ago but he is still involved with the fighting games division we know he is involved with the next project in the works. I think we can look forward to fighting games having more pull in Capcom because Ryozo Tsujimoto’s name carries tremendous weight inside of Capcom Japan. Cautiously optimistic.

Next time i suggest to read and understand what you’re replying to before “STRONGLY” disagree with it.

Hint - i literally did’nt said what you say i said

I doubt a Sony or MS led gen would make any difference with what SFVI does in the future.

Capcom might get nervous enough to do something dumb if the next protect does underwhelming.

I just hope Capcom would be protective with there main SF characters in brand that they won’t alienate there character design for the sake of pleasing curiosity casual fans and trendy preferences.

I like what they did with Sagat and Bison in SFV

While Nash was meh.

It’s hard to judge Ono because of art and failures of other titles, because he might be juggling around several department priority, and higher ups interest.

I don’t think he’s a major player in MVCi involvement, but comparing it to MVC3, MVC3 did better. MVCi wasn’t the worst game of the series, i would even consider it as a hidden gem along with other obscure Capcom FG titles that has decent mechanics.

As for SF4 that what we can safely say his. it’s not bad overall for a almost dead franchise, He revive it.

I don’t see things in a way that having a successful tittles in other genre can make the next game different genre that heavily into gameplay would be success full also.

He revived the franchise after the SF3 fiasco, so I’m eternally grateful for his contribution. Without him, there’d be no more SF.

6 Likes

9 Likes

More than that, he helped revive the entire FGC and the Fighting games genre. Look no further than what was happening before SF4 to know what a difference this man made with his passion for this game.

A lot of the mistakes that happened were bad PR and a misinterpretation of the direction the rapidly changing gaming industry was going. Capcom/Ono are not wrong in trying to make money off the games, they just could’ve been smarter and more visionary about it. In the form of SF5, they struck a solid balance sans the bad launch which could’ve been greatly mitigated had they simply sold it as a starter edition or tournament edition.

But behind the bad and the good business decisions, was a SF fan through and through. For that, I too am eternally grateful. Respect.

5 Likes

MVCi wasn’t the worst of the series the thing it played differently and the core of team building was different from how traditional MVC series is known for that even TVC was more closer in the essentials of the series despite being also a another TAG game. It wasn’t a bad game it was a hidden gem.

The issue with MVCi was doing so much change and experimentation not just the gameplay but also the design like what happened to Chuns face good thing they fix it last minute.

I may defend MVCi but it doesn’t mean I agree with it as a whole, I disagree with the whole projectile deflect and ditching of assist for the sake of infinity surge.

As for SFV it begins to be so bad in terms of retail product it’s hard to pinpoint if it’s Ono or the other people working with him. SFV was the worst of the retail and some fans falsely advertise it online. What save it was the revision and the showing of efforts of Capcom. SFV was the worst of the launch retail product among other SF titles.

SF4 despite the unlikely fugly faces it did well from retail and gameplay.

I’m not the guy that is obsess in seeing character grow old or curious with what if and should if. Im not also interested on making myself relate to the characters. I’m just someone who doesn’t want SF loss it’s identity to ever changing demands different generation that cannot be please and wanted SF to be somebody else rather than being what it was historically.

I believe Ono learned already from CFJ, SF3, SFXT and SFV… I just hope that people wouldn’t just see thing that everything is just about advertisement, marketing and PR or even gameplay because there are other core stuff that need to stay and implement carefully.

I don’t necessary believe if a man has successful background in promotion and dev means he’ll successfully in be better in a different genre than the man that has learned from failure and love the franchise.

Yes SF4 cartoony facial expression wasn’t my taste along with some in SFV like Birdie Gigantic Donuts, Nash fate and design, SFV vanilla retail product and SFXT hundred gems, but most of those doesn’t make me believe that there was someone that can do that better than Ono that time for SF4.

I also do like how Ryota Niitsuma handle MVC3 and TVC in terms of retail delivery and promotion.

2 Likes

MVCI will always be one of those games I’ll look at as a squandered opportunity. That game had no business being as bad as it was. I actually find the game to be fun in general, but everything else is a huge wtf. Capcom and Marvel refusing to acknowledge the game exists also didn’t help matters.

I’m just hoping they bring the thunder with their next fighting game. Based on how their output is looking in other areas, I feel like things will be much better.

Speaking of Niitsuma, he’s with the Resident Evil team now. If Capcom decides to do a new Vs game someday, hopefully he’ll be the director of it.

3 Likes

I wish they would take what they developed in Infinite. Give it a real budget and make a Capcom vs Capcom game. Give us all the Capcom characters from the crossovers plus some new ones.

8 Likes

Right there with you, brotha. That’s the best solution.

Won’t have to worry about meddling from the other company when Capcom will have complete say over everything. I hope this becomes a reality.

4 Likes

There were a multitude of things surrounding SF3 that had shit all to do with the game. This fucking myopic meme nonsens of 3S killed SF needs to take a damn seat at the table.

Europe and the US see a rise in computer games like RTS and FPSes, console market is murdering arcades like nobody’s business but “why did SF3 kill SF”?

Pffft.

1 Like