The Super Inevitable Street Fighter V Story Thread

Final Fight group of color edits :smiley:

Click twice as usual

9 Likes

^ These were damn good edits.

1 Like

Sales is all that matters to the bosses. The fact is, he had to beg Capcom to make a new SF because they had no intention of doing a new one after SF3 flopped. Period. Yes there were other external reasons for the gameā€™s failure (along with things they actually DID have control over), but at the end of the day, it failed.
So yeah, Iā€™m grateful that he is totally the one responsible for the resurrection of such a beloved franchise.

4 Likes

I normally donā€™t give birthday shoutouts to anyone but Chun-Li.

But this was just too awesome not to post.

(Lauren Landa is amazing)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KARIN!!!

7 Likes

I love Lauren Landaā€™s Karin. She really brings out the Kanzuki pride in full-force.

A month laterā€¦and I still enjoy revisiting Gā€™s trailer. Probably my fav SFV trailer right next to the Arcade Edition trailer. I really enjoy the ambiguity of G. Visually speaking, we can see that heā€™s a pretty powerful guy with his Pangaea power, the way he powers himself up, and the sheer strength behind his physical attacks.

The characters, however, canā€™t really tell if heā€™s powerful or not. Menat loses to G and is unable to gauge his power, Ryu is not sure how to feel (usually Ryu determines if an opponent is strong, if they still have a ton of room for improvement, or if theyā€™re not worth fighting at all) after fighting G in his win quote, and most of the characters are usually more focused on his presidential approach than his power.

Thatā€™s one of the reasons why Iā€™m hoping another cinematic story is in the cards. I want to learn more about G, his abilities, and what his endgame is.

8 Likes

Iā€™ve try to 100% stick with how SFV color system seem to work, as if we got actual Color Edit mode
Just to proof it will be possible do pretty cool stuff with it

Problem is we didā€™nt have CE and theyā€™re too lazy to add themselves good/complex color schemes
I mean as ā€œspecial colorā€ weā€™re getting this kind of crap these days

immagine
immagine
immagine

If you donā€™t want to do your job just let me edit them and fuck off LOL :smiley:

Only thing they should add is the option to chose if disable the view online, so instead the fluo pink hair golden speedo troll colors of douchebags you will see the default #1 color of the char on your screen

Lime Ken, like Banana Ken, is one of Capcomā€™s classic SSF2T alternate color palettes, Even Capcom realized its classic styling, as theyā€™dā€¦already given Ken a lime color set (Color 06) for his story outfitā€¦

And waitā€¦ I donā€™t play Ken, I never noticedā€¦ They didnā€™t even include Banana Ken?! Only some kind of Aged Banana Ken (heavily suntanned Ken with a dark yellow outfit)ā€¦ Thatā€™s the real wtf Capcom.

But seriously, yes, a lot of the official SFV alternate colors are uninspired. They donā€™t even manage classic wonkiness, they just seem hollow ā€œthrow weird colors together and hope someone makes it a thingā€.

1 Like

More Darkstalker costumes coming at the end of the month!

Chun-Li as Morrigan - Morrigan Aensland is a succubus and main protagonist of the Darkstalkers series. In order to protect Morrigan from her own immense power, her adoptive father Belial had to split her soul into multiple parts. One of these parts ended up becoming Lilith, who was the inspiration for a costume for Juri. Seeing as how both Chun-Li and Morrigan are some of the most recognizable characters in their respective series, this playful costume is perfect for the first lady of Street Fighter.

Ed as Demitri - Demitri Maximoff is the embodiment of evil and one of the most powerful vampires in the series. He sees humans as walking meals and feeds on their blood to turn them into his servants. Heā€™s mostly known for his Midnight Bliss attack where he drains the opponent dry of blood. Although Ed couldnā€™t be any more different than Demitri, perhaps this costume represents what Ed could have been if he had succumbed to M. Bison.

Menat as Felicia - Felicia is an energetic and cheerful catwoman who yearned to be a musical star. Unlike many of the more violent characters from Darkstalkers, she believes in peace and only resorts to fighting when absolutely necessary. She was raised by a woman named Rose who cared for her despite Felicia being a catwoman. Mentored by another woman named Rose herself, Menat should be more than happy to have the Felicia costume.

7 Likes

Bastard!

I canā€™t believe he stole this too.

Give me Pyron-Bison and I will forgive you Capcom!

1 Like

Totally called Menat getting a Felicia costume.

I have a strange feeling Darkstalkers is comingā€¦

6 Likes

MBison should have been Demitriā€¦ What were they thinking?

4 Likes

I agree with M.Bison being demitri but maybe theyre thinking of making him Jeddah. Ed as demitri seems really stupid though.

Abigail ā€“ Large, muscular, and a bitā€¦simple, Abigail can focus further on the VROOM VROOM with just one eye as a menacing cyclops!

Falke ā€“ As a shinigami, a spirit who invites humans towards death, Falke ignores her lifelong goal of saving those in need.

Guile ā€“ Perhaps Guile decided to become a zombie in order to make his best friend Nash feel better about his undead status. Are theyā€¦zombros?

Kolin ā€“ Weā€™re not sure if witches often use ice magic, but we can let it go. We wouldnā€™t want to end up in Kolinā€™s ā€œKolā€dron!

6 Likes

Frankie Nash meets Zombie Guileā€¦

With those costumesā€¦ Why canā€™t we have Revenger Balrog?

4 Likes

I always found it weird that the translators of Cannon Spike (GunSpike in Japan) did not change Fallen Balrog to Fallen Vega, and even more so that Capcom themselves let that slip, they are usually very iron clard with the whole SF Bosses name switching being applied for international versions of games and merch.

2 Likes

The Darkstalkers one keep being awesome, very Capcom style

Demitri should have been M.Bison, definitely

Wiil have liked Abigail as Victor
Maybe Blanka as Talbain and Gief as Sasquatch too

The halloween pack is kinda trash, kinda far from capcom (or SFV) graphic style as often these dlc are
(Kolin looks nice though)
Will have preferred more Darkstalkers at this point, so many good possible ideas intead that stuff

BTW one of the two leakers specifically called Morrigan for Chun Li and Felicia for Menat iirc

Maybe can be interessing see what else the leak says

1 Like

Flowtrown leak

EventHubs user Flowtron ā€” who correctly leaked SFVā€™s entire Season 2 character roster ā€” has also gone on record as to which World Warriors will be receiving a few of these costumes.
Chun-Li will embrace the dark by getting the Morrigan alt; Karin will be elegantly dressing as Ingrid;
Ryu will be carrying the companyā€™s mascot mantle as he dons the armor of both the classic and Mega Man X (as well as Jin Saotome); Guile will be enforcing futuristic justice as Captain Commando;
_ Urien will continue his cleansing ways as Donovan ā€” _
_whose look Dan will also don as an NPC; _
_Ken will create Reuben Langdon-caption with the Dante alt; _
Cammy becomes an honorary member of S.T.A.R.S. with Jillā€™s costume; Menat will embrace her feline side with the Felicia alt; while Ed craves more (Psycho) power in Vergilā€™s attire. X-Kira has even confirmed that the original ā€œDevilā€™s Never Cry,ā€ from Devil May Cry 3 will playing during the Extra Battle event to obtain Kenā€™s Dante costume. An extremely nice touch, if true

Some of these become reality

Also Nash instead Guile getting CapCom and Ed being listed to get Vergil innstead Nero, are easy to understand mistakes

1 Like

Flowtron wasnā€™t the one who leaked a second story mode, was he? Or was the Kira?

Cant believe Dhalsim hasnt for a Saturn alt yet.

Also all four warzard characters need reps
Akuma - Leo
Zeku - Kenji
Kolin - Tessa
Juri/ibuki - Mai Ling

Laura needs to be Yellow Iris from battle circuit

Vega should get his concept art English crusader alt.

Could do wil a lynn kursawa and a michelle heart too.

Lastly Elf, Thief and Fighter from dungeons and dragons would really suit Cammy, Menat and Ryu but got so many alts already.

My Warzard pick will be

Leo - Alex (code version Human/Barbarian Leo)
Kenji - Zeku (young form get straw hat Kenji design)
Tessa - Kolin (mostly due ice powers, design wise will have preferred Menat)
Mai Ling - Juri or Chun Li

Hauzer - Birdie
Kongou - Abigail
Gi Gi - Necalli
Blade - Sagat
Scion - G