The Super Inevitable Street Fighter V Story Thread

Capcom didn’t link G to this theory…

They felt different already…

Well, I mean that colour is a tribute to the Mask, and that screenshot, while previously just a fan theory, looks to be included in the canon via Wayne Nakamura’s entry of Q first being spotted in an American Port. Until they move further to Q I doubt that the old Ken stage guest will get any focus.

Also about Q:

Stuff like this makes me wish Capcom eventually included an idea like Echo Fighters, so that G and Q take the same slot, but through this method, they could change out some of the magma effects to focus on Q’s superior strength and durability, then, you could still choose him and he could have his own character story. I dunno, I think we’re are a place where, unless they drastically rework Q in a way that separates him from G akin to how the anatsuken bros are different, he’s not different to be a whole character, but by having a two in one deal, this could work nicely. Apply such a method to Evil Ryu-like EX characters and you’re golden.

6 Likes

The talk about Ken’s SF2 stage just makes me want to see that stage return for V. Hell, I’d be down for his Alpha 2 stage to return. We get to see Rival Schools characters on the Kanzuki Beach, so I’m all for seeing more Capcom reps on another stage.

6 Likes

I want some SF3 stages.

3 Likes

I’d like to think that Q can still make it in, especially if they decide to redesign his gameplay and animations. He’s still very popular, and G’s surge in popularity is likely at least in part related to people’s demand for Q. They could even explore making him look a little different since this takes place years before SF3. Maybe show us how G “recruited” him?

2 Likes

It’s a strange day when eventhubs vote something right

Sure shitty evil Ryu too high and Necro too low, but overall i was someway
impressed

2 Likes

Tbh while cool most of SF3 stages were’nt that iconic

I like to see (and use) Kanzuki one day version as some variant of SF3 Ryu one though

Necro if ever step in will take russia halloween as his own

Will like to get a cool Illuminati stage (not necessary a SF3 remake one) if Gill ever step in

Btw i expect 1-2 SF3 stages when more SF3ers come

Urien and Ryu 3S stages are pretty iconic I think.

3 Likes

Urien one is one i want actually, and funny it will work even better as Necalli’s stage (being atzec Mexico)

If you mean Egypt one i will like that too, also Menat will get a stage that way

Dudley was cool too but i’m ok with the london station
Same Alex, bew NYC one cover him well

1 Like

Something interesting I saw during SFV’s Arcade Mode: if you come across G as a “New Challenger” and lose, continuing will automatically put you up against Sagat. The part that stood out was that this battle takes place at the Ring of Power stage with the Shadaloo Kings watching. Any other encounter with Sagat in Arcade Mode takes place at King’s Court. After defeating Sagat, you final battle still takes place at the Lair.

It’s just funny thinking of a scenario where the Kings are chilling while observing Sagat in a tournament setting. Imagine all of the shit talking that was taking place:

Bison: “Hmph. Hard to believe this disgrace of a warrior was once a King not so long ago. The idiot refused to follow my vision after realizing he couldn’t stomach the way I went about things . No amount of power can eliminate cowardice.”

F.A.N.G: “He looks so…unimpressive to me. What a waste of time. Muay Thai is no match for my poisonous arts.”

Balrog: “Whaddya expect? Fightin’ s’all he cares for. He’s justa washed up fighter now with no aspirations. Good riddance.”

Vega: “Not interested in discussing the values of someone as ugly as Sagat. (Not that any of you 3 are any better. Beauty is so lost on these idiots. My elegance and strength are unrivaled. This tournament is boring. I’d rather be looking in a mirror than these pathetic matches.”)

The only other time a Ring of Power stage is utilized in Arcade Mode is during the final stage of SF1. The last few battles in SFV always take place at the Lair, while Alpha and 4 usually have the last few battles taking place at the Shadaloo base.

9 Likes

That internal monologue had me loling. :smile:

1 Like

Tbh i just feel some chars have been replaced and add them at this point will feel redundant even if they were the originals

My 2cents

G-Q
Abigail-Hugo
Zeku-Guy
Falke-Rolento (maybe Poison too)

You forgot Urien-Gill

(50% joking :blush:)

1 Like

Gill is mostly about having that ice-fire combination of powers at same time as signature, from there if they redesign his normals (and modify specials a bit) staying pankration style not only will be ok but welcomed too

Essentially his biggest uniqueness is untouched by Urien in

An Hugo had his reason of life being THE giant, Abi in totally steal his gimmick

On G/Q i feel similar, they took so much from Q to make G that at this point i want see where G story bring him… mostly because i believe they’re the same char and Q is essentially a defeated, post SFV G that suffered experiments
Wich will explain Q trying to do the moves he used to do -better- as G

Due to the concept art that was released, I think G may be taking this whole “we are one” thing to a dark extreme. Like he is kidnapping fighters from around the world and forcing them in servitude and those outfits so they all look alike. A tyrannical attempt to drown out all their individuality in the name of harmony and unity.

Like all the Q’s we see in the 3S ending, they are different people, all either captured or voluntarily joined G foregoing their identity for his ideology and plan - PANGAEA ULTIMA!!!

5 Likes

Now is as good a time as any to note that in the story of 'the man in the iron mask, the man was actually a prisoner.

I recall Q’s mask having a key hole in one of his SF3 concept arts.

What if all the men and women in the iron mask are “prisoners” of G? I’m more inclined to believe that those who end up wearing the mask do so of their own volition. But it’s sort of a deal with the devil scenario, or like Calypso from the Twisted Metal series. They shake G’s hand in agreement that “we are one”, not knowing that he means it in a dark, twisted, and literal sense of the word.

Street Writer mentioned casually in the most recent Winner Stays On IIRC that G is not a bad guy, but the way he said it felt like an attempt to throw us off. Ed has teased/dropped hints and clues before.

2 Likes

That special also hints at Q being controlled by somebody else (with the mask)

My guess is after SFV illuminati turned G (former illuminati member?) Into an illuminati’s avatar* as form of punishment without waste G’s potential… essentially turning G into a weapon instead just kill him

But G’s will is strong enough to partially resist the control and so we see Q as conflicted as he was in SF3

That’s my 2cents

*Kolin’s definition

2 Likes

Same, it may be a be tricky and take some can-do especially if they don’t do an EX costume with diff special effects, audio etc., but it could work especially if they really focus on his strength effects and maybe adding some new move properties with a “quaking” aesthetic to contrast G’s blasting magma.

Oh definitely agree that G’s popularity is in part connected to Q and the overall genius of his designs.

On the topic of SFV Q being when he’s recruited by G, on my video, G & Q: The Golden Question, lots of people have shared some interesting theories, one user offered a more unexpected, sympathetic connection between Q and G. Basically it was G finding a near-dead Q, nursing him back to health, sharing his philosophy and teaching him how to take care of himself, thus the imitation fighting moves. If they went with that angle, then they could have him look like this:

A while back, I made a post of some potential alt costumes for Q.

I think Ryoma from Getter Robo would be a good place to emulate the “early Q” look, the scarf can stay or go, but I like the idea that with the sympathetic/Savage Dragon theory for Q, that when he’s found he still has the mask. Keep it a mystery where he came from and what exactly was done to him, but have G responsible for his sense of fashion (formal wear + trench coat instead of jeans and hoodies) and fighting style. Heck, maybe G gets taken out or kidnapped by the Illuminati and reworked into something for them and Q and his brothers and sisters (The FreeMasons? Hah) are trying to find G and secure his vision?

I’d like those stages too, those plus Ryu’s 3S stage and Alex’s NG stage would look good too. Though chronologically it’s too early, Necro’s train-lab stage was pretty cool., I liked it better than his 3S stage.

This was beautiful lol, I love it.

This and similar theories are currently at the top of plausible scenarios for me. It takes everything into account

• The Multiple Q’s
  • The new revealed Keyhole in the mask
  • The Unification/ Pangaea angle
3 Likes

Just wanted to share what i said before about SF3 stages influence in SFV as vibe

Yun SI and TS

Elena
immagine
[​IMG]

Ryu NG and TS

Ibuki SI

Sean NG

these some, but there are more like the statues in NZ stages, the SF3 judges in Kanzuki’s beach, Brazil having a fruits seller, SF3 having outside London station and SFV inside and so on

Agree could be cool get some straight recreation of the good ones, but again, i think we will see some in next seasons

7 Likes

As far as stages go, Capcom are more likely to bring back classic SF2 or Alpha stages simply because those games have a stronger following and people relate to them better.

There are a few Alpha gems that I’d love to see return. Chief among them is Sagat x Ryu Grassy Field and Birdie’s toilet from A2.

3 Likes