The Super Inevitable Street Fighter V Story Thread

all characters should have more than one taunt

11 Likes

Omg that almost erases the stiff animations from my mind. Almost. Capcom are too sweet sometimes.

1 Like

I actually ended up really enjoying playing as Falke. Maybe it’s because she’s blonde like Cammy, maybe it’s because she’s a military chick like Cammy, maybe because she’s a Bison clone like Cammy, or maybe because she plays just as boring as Cammy, but I’m really digging her right now.

2 Likes

Say what you want about Shadaloo’s inhumane practices, but when it comes to cultivating females via cloning (Cammy and Falke) or brainwashing (Dolls), they shit out gold.

4 Likes

Neal McDonagh (sp?) was Dictator/M.Bison as well. Funny how his Damien Dark (sp?) from the DC shows is similar to M.Bison…

Tbh most of complains i’ve seen on Falke animations are kinda undeserved

It also does’nt help that many expect her to move like a shaolin monk, while her lines are designed on the much more static poses of the european stick techniques
immagine

ps: Critical Art still crappy beyond excuse lol

4 Likes

Psycho BONK is the highest form of Psycho Power to have ever existed, Bison wishes he could pull stuff like that.

2 Likes

I use it on Bison just to hear @Daemos shriek all the way out here in South Carolina

2 Likes

Fun thing it’s not even what make the CA bad looking, it’s the whole sequence dynamic to suck, split it in 4:

[golf-style launcher]: this look good, mix well with most stuff you can combo from
v
[pole-jump]: this look good too, fit her perfect gymnast vibe
v
[back-hand bitchslap]: this ruin everything. It make little sense as sequence and have super weird effect on the target (they stay there floating rather than send the fool meters away) that kill the flow and sense of momentum
v
[Psycho Bonk]: the bonk is kinda silly (specially for Falke), but could have been better if came right after the pole-jump, like with an HUGE abs contraction to get head-up and strike.
Also once hit the target got a nice Psycho effect on him (even an explosion on the impact with the floor), but the cinematic camera cut too soon and lose it.
They could have put the camera a bit more over Falke’s head, and follow the enemy fall until the end

This to “fix” the concept as it is, but personally i will have took another way.
I think Falke’s signature as character design is her use the stick as a rifle… i think they should have used it to theyr advantage, making the last hit being an air-to-air (or ground-to-air or air-to-ground) huge charged “rifle” shot in da face, similar to her VT2 vertical big ray but done as horizontal rifle shot

Ironically her VT2 (wich is took straight from an old Vega Super/Ultra) look much much more special than her CA

1 Like

That
Never
Happened

3 Likes

1 Like

What if we get a Blonde or a Red head Dictator in the future?

What are your thoughts?

Ed doesn’t count?

Yup just his model without any bodyswap.

I’m okay Bison being blonde tbh(not other color beyond what he had before). if that like how they ceasily represent a rejuvenate Bison without altering his iconic facial features and facial expression just like heihachi does in Tekken Tag 2 being younger,

Hey all

New thread hype

I’ll be quick

• Falke looks great
  • Shoutouts to Capcom coming out with a barefoot costume right out the gate, they know what the fans want
  • Observing all the thoughts on social medias and from the pros, she might be ranging from bottom tier to low mid. Translation: don’t expect her to win tournaments, place high, or even be used competitively in the first place
  • Her animations are mostly trash. Very stiff, very awkward, like she’s never fought before, and she’s supposed to be a fighter. Sakura had the same issue, no idea what’s going on at Capcom but they better invest some more dollaroos into Cody and Sagat, they can’t allow themselves to fuck those up too
  • Young Falke in her character story is amazingly beautiful. It’s a shame her fate paved out the way it did but Ed basically saved her. That made Ed from the in-universe perspective so much better in my eyes, even though he was kind of a dick in A Shadow Falls. I dunno if Capcom plans on doing a Season 2 for the story, but good god it makes me excited for one 100%. Maybe season 4?
  • Ed and Falke are a great pairing. Don’t think there’s anything romantic in there, just platonic love, but I’m okay with this. Falke got a nice booty in their arcade ending too lmao
  • Season 4 will probably give major buffs to falke. We’ve also seen Capcom change some animations, so maybe they’ll work on that further down the line. But anyway I fully expect her to get the Kolin treatment when the massive balance change in 8-9 months from now. Until then? FeelsBadMan
  • Cody is coming out on June 26th, so hopefully we’ll get a reveal trailer at E3. Capcom better not miss out on a big opportunity like that to market a fan-favourite character
6 Likes

I agree on everything. I was pretty indifferent about her at first, but she ended up being a pleasant surprise out of nowhere.

Furthermore, this is perfect:

Summary

2 Likes

With 30th Anniversary out next month, I’ve recently began to reflect on the settings presented throughout the stories of the Street Fighter series. As we all know, the games (Street Fighter 1 and 2) started off with a tournament based story where countless fighters were either striving to become the best in the world, or they were seeking revenge. Once Alpha was introduced, the tournament setting took a back seat to focus on the individual paths of the characters. I really loved this change…along with the new characters introduced.

As newer material was introduced, this made the characters and story much more complex. When I was younger, I had no idea what a prequel was, so I assumed Alpha was after 2 despite guys like Ken and Ryu looking younger. We got to see how much of a struggle Ryu had with his inner demons, how emotionally damaged Sagat was after being scarred, Nash and Chun-Li’s tireless pursuit of Bison, and of course, Bison’s various evil schemes.

Alpha 1 had Bison seeking henchmen to join Shadaloo, as well as taking down Rose to prove Soul Power is not a threat to him. Alpha 2 had him pursuing Ryu in order to transform him into a powerful minion. Alpha 3 was our first look into Bison’s obsession with obtaining the perfect body to handle his Psycho Power. Not just that, but we also see Cammy was the body he had his eyes set on before Ryu entered the picture. So much was going on during this storyline and that’s why I really enjoyed it.

Street Fighter 2 was much more straightforward, though a bit more mysterious since we had no idea what was going on. With the Aftermath trailer presented around SF4’s release, things began to make more sense. Still, it consisted of those who wanted Bison’s head, those who wanted to prove they were the strongest, or those who wanted to promote their brand like Dee Jay.

Street Fighter 3 was the next game to have a tournament setting. It eventually transitioned to having an Alpha-like setting in Third Strike. The tournament seemed pretty secondary to the overall theme of the story. Gill wanted to organize a tournament to not only draw out the strongest warriors, but also to see what they could offer to the world he envisioned.

Other than that, you had Gill’s conniving younger brother trying to overthrow him, Ibuki seeking the G-Files, Dudley fighting for his father’s car, Alex seeking revenge for his friend before turning his sights out to a journey seeking strong warriors, Necro looking to escape the clutches of the Secret Society, Chun-Li rescuing the young child she cared for, and various other plot-lines.

Street Fighter 3 felt different from the other games in the series mainly because the cast was vastly different. Despite that, I liked the introduction of the Secret Society to the series and what it meant for Street Fighter V much later. The Street Fighter 3 characters were also cool.

Street Fighter 4 was a return to the tournament setting, with Seth and the S.I.N organization being the new big bad. You had someone who was meant to be a replacement body for Bison go on to develop a mind for himself and attempt to overthrow Bison. He went on to become the CEO of S.I.N and host a tournament to test his BLECE project along with his Tanden Engine. Like the previous games, some were in it for the tournament, while others had other reasons for being there.

Street Fighter V started off with a setting akin to Alpha during the character stories. Many of them were building towards the main story, with a few having no connection to the story. A potential tournament was mentioned in Karin’s story, but nothing came of it. Not yet, anyway.

Once A Shadow Falls was released, we see that the story was nothing like any of the previous games. Mostly because the series never had a dedicated story, but also because there was never any instances of everyone working together to prevent a disaster. This wasn’t one of those missions that could easily be done by a single person. Teamwork was a huge requirement. Not just in fighting, but also when locating those chess pieces.

All of this has left me thinking about what the form of a future plot could look like. I believe what we saw in Street Fighter V was a good start.

8 Likes

Probably what the prototype SFV looked like initially, with a complete change of the artstyle and character design

Welcome back, @PVL_93_RU!

I agree with everything except this:

Falke’s animations are actually pretty good. She’s a scientific fighter, and approaches every situation with a scientific mindset. Namely, seeking to obtain the most damage possible using the minimal amount of movement. @Cestus_II already noticed that.

7 Likes

Please no, keep that awful, shit-looking, generic and boring realistic nonsense away from Street Fighter.

If you have to to change the art style take from ArcSys, don’t take from NRS.

3 Likes