The Razer Arcade Stick Thread!

FAIL!

Worst part is that if they’re tight, then they’re gonna be hell to remove seeing as you ahve to take both QDs out at the same time. Use a bit too much strength and hello bent prongs.

He’s reading

Let’s get some feedback going.

Love the look of the quick connects but definitely a bit overengineered, especially if you want to drop in Seimitsu buttons. The 3D render shows off extra compartments in the interior, which I think are for buttons and plugs, but I’m not sure how you’d fit them. -PS. I really want a beta stick :3

Reposted from the TTT Panel Thread:

I wonder how easy it would be to convince them to provide “extra” PCB mounting supports, with nothing mounted of course, for purposes of Dual-Modding, or LED modding, etc.

Kinda like the idea people had for the extra solder/terminal points, but more for physical space to put our extra PCB’s.

Pneumatic Panels. :confused:

It resembles much like a TE, including the top left turbo control panel, and the design for the overall controller build and shape should be completely revised if they’re going to market that out to the public.

Since the design is very similar to a TE, this can bring up some arising issues and possibly a lawsuit due to similar arcade hardware engineering. To be honest, Razer should recruit more members in the R&D department to come up with a better idea. The concept of this design is way too common today.

Video from TGS:

Those QD is only compatible with Sanwas only. Seimitsus stay sad.

Holy #@%*, the comments on that post are idiotic.

This. I was hoping they would bring something interesting to the mix - even as simple as LED buttons. The crazy, non PS-14-G compatible QDs mean we can’t be friends.

from the press pics, you can see that it does use a quick disconnect usb.

it just uses the usb A input rather than the less common and more sturdy usb b input
pretty meh, but at least its better than micro usb

I’m not “well known”, but I actually understand that a beta test is for feedback from varying levels of expertise in both playing and modding ability. Therefor I applied, because although I may not be good with a soldering iron or multi-meter, I know that at this stage of the product cycle a beta test wants answers to questions like “How comfortable is it?” - “Was it easy to change a button?” and not “How easy was it to dual mod?”. One day though hopefully I can be a super sekkrit squirrel.

Anyways,

Seeing as the product is looking to be a modular design so they can hang on to the aftermarket mods (swap out to a different panel, manufactured by Razer rather than third party according to the video), it wouldn’t be convoluted to expect a special seimitsu harness available in their store.

Silly straight housing. Now if only they made zigzag plastic housings for those QDs to get those PS-14 compatible. I’m kidding, maybe just ditch the whole idea of having those and just leave the .110 bare :stuck_out_tongue:

razer have some very nice pc gear from what i have seen. from there keyboards to there headsets.
if the stick is anything like them it should be good.

Here’s a nice photo gallery of the stick: http://www.engadget.com/photos/razers-unnamed-mod-friendly-fight-stick-first-look/#4451311

They should change the turbo panel to at least not look like a Mad Catz knockoff, even if the build quality ends up being better than Mad Catz. Perhaps Razer was trying to be nice and designed the stick to be compatible with existing TE art and plexi templates.

when i first saw the pics, i thought it was a photoshop’d TE-s.

still wondering how this thing opens

looks like its a spring latch underneath the razer emblem
also if that hydraulics push out and that spring latch breaks…

I can understand the reasoning behind using the custom QD housing since the wires aren’t color-coded, but using color-coded wires and individual QD sleeves is still the better way to go.

Watch the engadget video.

Bat top holder is awesome.

If Happ/Il buttons fit in this thing, that would be the perfect middle ground for people who like the slim size of TE but prefer MK Layout with American parts.

Well this is from a mainly PC gaming company. If they put a liquid cooling system in this stick for purely aesthetic reasons, I wouldn’t be surprised. :wink: