The Razer Arcade Stick Thread!

I don’t see anything here making this a huge step up from what we already have. Nothing special about the button layout, same design as a TE, just nothing stands out. The only good thing about this is the hydraulic hinged lid that should make modding extremely easy, and possibly able to do on the fly if you need to. Having to unscrew a ton of screws in the HRAP is a pain in the ass, and this looks to make it super simple. The parts look like standard Sanwa or knock offs. I can’t really stand Sanwa buttons or the JLF, just not my thing. Wish they’d look into doing Seimitsu as well.

Yeah…i know they’ll probably stick to having it wired. Although there are 3rd party wireless sticks tho (Tekken 6 wireless stick for example)

The Tekken 6 wireless isn’t a good example if you are promoting 3rd party wireless controllers for the Xbox 360.

Well once it hits retail, you can always easily mod the arcade stick to be seimitsu
Any Seimtsu stick model ending in a -01 and the correct mount plate would work and any 30 mm push buttons.

From those pics, I have a feeling that the top panel is going to need more support.

I thinking its just a Quick and dirty CG mock up and the actual stick got some structural supports

the internals look like it has enough support when its fully rested down though

when its lifted is an entirely diffrent story
and is it just me or is that top panel teasing me with what could be a plexi option

Sweet

Look, I love you guys, but could you possibly have worded those posts any more like elitist “SUPER SECRET TREEHOUSE CLUB” assholes?

Two ideas to improve on previous designs:

• Have the PCB common ground AND all the signals accessible for dual-modding (with an IDC connector or spade connectors). Or PS3/Xbox360 compatible out of the box.
  • Have a cord compartiment just like the TE or (better) the VLX. I don’t think Razer has this in their prototype, judging from the pictures.

The case itself is pretty boring, but if it works… Ah, and please put some stainless screws, I saw too many TEs with rusted screws !

Hey I went though 10 years at Cambridge to earn my PhD in Ass-hole-ology and become a professional Ass hole. We even have an Post graduate exam you have to pass, like how Lawyers have to pass the Bar Exam.

Dev is a 9001 Degree Blackbelt in Ass Hole Kung Po Fu

NO!

It is my way of saying, chill its the internet.
Any ways regardless of what we do or not do we can’t completely influence Razer to only select people we want.
And even if we able to influence there decisions , that is Razor’s business to do so.
And I doubt any one getting a free stick, more than likely we got to send it back when we are done or pay for the stick.
Even if we get to keep the stick with out paying a cent, we still have to work on earning that stick in write -ups and feed back.

I remember from beta testing some games, you have to contractually write a several page report on your findings.

Being Nice is 8 buttons
Being an Ass Hole is 6 buttons

Being a titty hole is cooler.

I think this stick is gonna be expensive, what with all the royalties they will have to give to Mad Catz. :[

Well will see :wgrin:

From TGS.

http://p.twimg.com/AZXYctMCEAE95Ef.jpg

Why shouldn’t anyone be excited?

This kind of involvement and recognition is healthy for the community.

http://p.twimg.com/AZXcAe7CEAE2JtU.jpg

yep they already done fucked up with the custom button plugs not compatible with Seimitsu.

Real modders just change the QDs

Hahah, I thought that was just in the mockup. It’s a neat idea, but yeah, that is not gonna work with Seimitsu switches. Maybe they’ll have a Seimitsu harness or something.

What’s the turbo panel look like on the real stick?

Is there enough room inside for Sanwa RG switches or anything but stock Sanwa/Seimitsu? It looked pretty tight in there.