The Razer Arcade Stick Thread!

Maybe they already know that its better to mod a 360 stick with a Chimp so you get sweet autodetection instead of modding a ps3 stick with a 360 fightpad and imp with lousy hold a button to switch systems.

Their Razer Onza is Xbox 360 too.
So is to keep the line.

Or licensing issues.

Besides the hood damper holding up the hinged panel, this preliminary design doesnā€™t seem to do anything really different from what we already have with Mad Catz, Hori, and Qanba.

It would be amazing if they were open to making a Royds-like stick with easily swappable button layouts:

except with the ability to also easily swap the joystick panel for a different stick.

They are probably going to listen to the wrong people anyway. They already fucked up when they put 8 buttons on the face.

What you know about that Castle Crashers? Nothing son, nothing!!!

I think 8 buttons on the face will just be standard from here on out with big stick makers. As far as this stick we wonā€™t know how good it is till wee see what kinda pcb they will be using. Sanwa parts are a no brainer. The body I hope is built solid and weighty. May as well post some pics.

That didnā€™t stop madcatz with their ps3 te. It wasnā€™t licensed until the chunli sticks.

Does MLG run off of PS3s now? I know that DOA4 was their go to game for a while, and Razer may have more ties to MLG than to EVO.

For a 360 stick, I donā€™t think they can avoid 8-buttons since MS requires a specific control layout for non licensed sticks.

Except MLG is going with MadCatz now.

Could be cause this stick is super old and they changed their requirements though.

http://www.gamemanx.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/07/xbox360-hori-ex2.jpg

I think its the color of the a,b,x,y buttons thats a requirement.

Hori VX is 6-button. Iā€™d be surprised to see a full-size retail stick with 6 buttons though.

I donā€™t think 8 buttons are a requirement. See the Hori VX. The button layout can be changed.

http://stores.shophoriusa.com/catalog/link-1.jpg

Only a small minority of people like the old school straight 6, and those people will probably be better offplaying on a iL/Happ custom anyway. So having the 2 on the end is just ugly. LB and LT should be placed on the left side of the stick. Cā€™mon Razer, you want to be different? You want to kick the ass of the competition? Put the buttons to the left so we wonā€™t be wasting time with button configs. Just set to default and, ā€œLETS GO!ā€

One thing that concerns me is the quick disconnects look to be one piece plugs only for sanwa. Hope that is not the case. They should definitely look at seimitsu switches.

I hope that at least one commercial stick maker will bother to make a common ground pcbs and mysteriously for no ā€œadvertisedā€ reason, put through holes on the board for button and direction signals.

I was going to buy a black widow, it was cheaper than some of the other options with features I didnā€™t need.

The gaming netbook idea didnā€™t fail so much as just a proof of concept to show what technology could do, they were just testing the water. I would dislike the small keyboard, but I could tolerate it for on the go gaming(or carry a board and mouse with me). And if I had the cash to drop on a Blade there would be one at my doorstep on the day of release.

No, all 8 buttons are there. The bumper buttons are not arcade buttons. That is the work around.

The hinged lid and (apparently) countersunk screws are a nice touch. Another good feature for a competition stick would be some kind of retaining clip or other device to keep the stick from getting unplugged. Theyā€™ve added spare button clips inside the case, but - though not really feasible - it would have been exceedingly clever to have a link breakaway with in-stick storage. I keep looking for a stick that has loops or slots so that it can be strapped down. Anti-theft technology. Possibly an integrated audio cord (nobody seems to do it, but people can react more quickly to sound that vision.) USB charging portsā€¦

MLG banned the razer Xbox 360 game pad before its launch. I donā€™t think Rzer will get much MLG love.

Well iā€™m super excited and hope i get selected for closed beta. =) I mean iā€™m definitely not a ā€œknownā€ modder like you guys, but I think having 12 modded sticks and a passion for fighting games / tech should mean some kind of qualification right? =P

But I think with the community being able give them input thereā€™s a chance for razer to make a seriously whup ass product for us. Iā€™m just imagining the razor stick fitted with the Toodles Spark and the link + qanbaā€™s handles & wire management drool. Of course itā€™s all a dream and they most likely wonā€™t be able to implement all the things that weā€™d want due to production costs, etcā€¦ But still. I think itā€™s pretty awesome.

Button layout wise i think 8 is fine, since most have adapted to that standard and itā€™s not really a big deal. What would be awesome is the option to change out layouts like tek-innovations mods for the TE. So as long as the costs arenā€™t prohibitive itā€™s a nice upgrade product/additional revenue stream for them too. Plus it would be nice to have a sega layout as an option =)

What would be REALLY nice too is if it has an option to go from wireless to wired modes. but again. costs =P

I think the stick is WIRED

Any ways MS donā€™t lisence non MS controllers to be wireless.
all 3rd party sticks and pads are wired