The Programmable Stick/Pad Thread!

[FONT=Tahoma]The point of this thread is to keep track of what happens when a pad/stick comes up. Also, to post ideas/cool stuff that were or ought to be programmed/tested and possibly requests for combos etc from those who already have a pad/stick.

A conga line has already been started for who gets a pad or stick when one of them should come up. The reason it’s a conga line through SRK is because you have to have a physical address in Japan to register, you have to have a bank account in Japan to pay, and you have to have a physical address in Japan to take delivery! So, the plan is pretty much: Find item, decide who wants it, if you win you have to front the money before you get it then it usually goes to preppy who then ships it to you. Anyways, here’s the plan:**

1.)** People post/alert each other to relevant auctions…The main problem for the longest time has been that it was very hard to find a program pad/stick, here you find very useful links to finding program pads/stick/etc. You’ll see the page in pictures (usually) so, just look through them to see if you find what you’re looking for. If there is nothing there (stick/pad/etc) revisit the page sometime in the future.

So, the pad/stick that you’d be looking for would be:HORI COMMAND STICK (which also comes in red), ASCII V PRO PAD, and the stick version of the pad ASCII STICK 3. So, those are the main devices to program. The ASCII stick/pad’s memory holds 208 actions; however, it can be expanded with what is called a Command Pack . It comes in x2 (which is like two pads), x4 (four pads), and a whopping x8 (which is a WHOLE lot of actions!), although, no one has ever seen the x8 version of the Command Pack. Also, for some reason the number of actions a x4 (which is the only one anyone has AFAIK) holds is off by A LOT! If it was really x4 it would be 832, in reality it holds 1,216! Which is a lot closer to x6, so if that?s the case as well the Command Pack x8 that would mean it probably holds somewhere around 2,000+ actions? As for a HORI Command Stick, I don’t know if its memory can be expanded.

The places that I know of where you can find such things are HERE (I don’t know what it’s called besides matsuda) Yahoo Auctions (JP), and Amazon (JP).

Anyway, here are the Yahoo Auctionpages for:

• ASCII V PRO PAD/Stick 3/Command Pack/ANYTHING relating to ASCII - HERE. The page is showing pictures and the names underneath, depending on how many items there are there might be more than 1 page and sometimes the pad/stick/etc might be in another page.

• HORI COMMAND STICK/anything HORI related - HERE. Just like the other one, this page is also in pictures.

Note Sometimes people post the program pad/stick/command pack under names that aren’t ASCII/HORI. So here is a list of other words that can be used to find a program stick/pad/command pack.

[/FONT]* ??? <- Command

• ??? <- Stick

• ??? <- Pack

• ??? <- Controller (That’s just to find controllers in general. HERE is a link to finding Playstation controllers (although other systems pop up too), so if you couldn’t find programmable stick/pad (most likely there isn’t one at that time) you can try searching for them using that.

[FONT=Tahoma]Amazon (JP) Pages: * ASCII V PRO PAD HERE.

*ASCII Stick 3 - HERE

*Command Pack - HERE.

The Matsuda page…

The numbers of the items never change it’s just that the guy’s stock of the items does…So:

*HORI Command Stick = HERE and apparently HERE TOO

2.) Interested buyers step up with cash (will probably average about $100/stick/pad and $60/command pack) & sign up for paypal then send an email to masato-san or any of http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=122857 to bid for you.

3.) Once you win the auction Preppy will E-Mail you asking for your address and deciding on exactly how much you owe. Prices include the relative share of 10200y shipping, +3% PayPal surcharge on item price + 1500Y per item transfer fee (which is where the importer makes his money). He’ll show you the charges listed in the E-Mail.[/FONT]
**[FONT=Tahoma]Notes…
If you want to use the pad/stick for PS1/2 then don’t read this next paragraph. But, if you want to use it for DC read on.

The problem with the ASCII pad/stick (I don’t know if HORI stick has the problem too) is that the LED won’t completely light up. So you’ll have to get a PSX -> DC adapter there allows for an external source of power to be plugged into it.HERE is the only adapter I know of that allows you to do that, you’ll also need THIS or THIS if all that seems confusing to set-up HERE is a diagram of how it will look like.The benefit to that is that you’ll be able to see the LED. The problem is that if you plan on playing VS. people on your stick/pad (which you shouldn’t 'cause they’re very rare lol) the buttons will be mapped out strangely. L1 will be A1(MvC2) and R1 will be A2 making some combos/resets/other very hard to do and you can’t fix the problem in the MvC2 input mapping screen. So, in order to play with normal button mapping you’ll need to get THIS adapter.

Well that covers the importing part of the thread.

Now, learning how to use the pad/stick (ASCII) can be very hard at first. If anyone who is getting one reads Japanese I can send you the ASCII Stick 3 operation manual in PDF form. If you don’t know how to read Japanese and you don’t want to learn how to use the pad on your own…I’ll post something later.
2 Useful Links -

Currency Converter - HERE

Translation (Free) - HERE

[/FONT]

There’s a TON of Hori Command Stick PS programmable sticks available right now:

The only downside of the Command Stick PS is that they’re not expandable, so you “only” get 208 actions… which is probably more than enough for most people anyways. :smile:

EDIT: It actually looks like the blue Command Sticks allow for 416 actions (two pools of 208), and the red Command Sticks allow for 208. So if we’re right…: pretty cool.

Hey Zach that stick got in and its fucking great. Its even better then my broken

piece shit stick that I used to have. Anyway if you get a programmable pad I’ll hit

you up for if no one is willing to get it, (I Have to at least give other people a

chance to get the pad). Anyway I’ll be checking this thread once I fix my piece of

shit computer. I must have bad karma or something everything oh well. Peace

[Mario Gomez]

YGPM Preppy. I really want to get a stick or pad.

^-- Got your PM, just been crazy-busy today. I’ve sent Masato-san orders for three sticks, so that should cover you + the next two people who wants sticks. Oddly there’s been a dearth of pads lately. It all seems to come in cycles - a while ago there was a bunch of command packs for sale… now there’s nothing. =\

Also, if you get a pad/stick PLEASE make something of it! They’re very rare (well, for the most part) and it’d be a shame if nothing came from it…So if you just want to know simple things just ask or something.

Previous orders:
Magnetro: Delivered, paid for.
Eidrian: ASCII Pad: Waiting for Masato-san to receive it.
Toxy: Waiting for Masato-san to receive it.
Shinji/Mars: Delivered Hori, paid for.
Preppy: Delivered ASCII Stick 3.

Current state of auctioning:

Magnetro says that Joo typically only bids on the ASCII pads - that’s the only guy in Japan that we know may bid against us.

It says the one i’m bidding on it new and unused :lovin: :nunchuck:

BTW did anyone figure out if you can use that one PSX -> DC adapter with the command stick and have no problems doing it!?

Magnetro covered this in the last paragraph of the initial post: at any one time you can either have the LED work or have the A1/A2 buttons mapped correctly. You have to switch adapters to switch that. That’s TMK the only known problem here, but I’m still waiting for my adapters. :smile:

Preppy, I’ll send you my data by PM. I am very interested in one of those.

Magnetro: Hey, I’m interested in one of those ascii pads. Doesn’t matter what version as long as it can be program. I found something similar this weekend at a Gamestop used, but I just thing it showed the commands pressed on an lcd and it was only like $14/19.

Fighter: Which one do you want from the list of what’s available now? Or do you want a specific product, even if you have to wait for it?

RoTeNdO: Right now we’re only aware of one ASCII pad for sale, and Eidrian has claimed dibs. You can PM him to negotiate him out of that, choose something else, or just wait for the next available ASCII pad. It’s all the same to me. :smile:

Previous orders:
Magnetro: ASCII pad - Delivered, paid for.
Eidrian: ASCII Pad: Waiting for Masato-san to receive it.
Toxy: Hori - Waiting for Masato-san to receive it.
Shinji/Mars: Delivered Hori, paid for.
Preppy: Delivered ASCII Stick 3.

Eidrian has asked Joo not to bid against Amajin. But we’re pretty much draining the market of these things, so we’ll see if we start getting counter-bids. =\

To people who’ve gotten them: Once you get the hang of it, post a video or actions of something cool that you programmed!

OK, we’ve been outbid on the first Hori auction, and it looks like two other people are in the market here. I’ll assume that any price up to about $80 is fine with people, since I’ve estimated that it’s going to cost people like $100 anyways. =\ If people can tell me their maximum bid prices, that’s very helpful.

I believe that the most expensive stick auctions so far went at about 8500Y, but again we are kind of cornering the market right now… hopefully we can keep things cheap. :sad:

UPDATES:
Fighter: Eidrian says you can choose if you want the pad or stick. He says it’s probably easier with a stick, but if you want the pad, that’s fine.
Majestros: One of your two Hori auctions got randomly canceled. Masato-san doesn’t know why. Do you want a second piece, and if so which one?

Magnetro wants the last Ultimate, I believe. That leaves Majestros, Eidrian, and Fighter to split a ASCII Stick 3, Red Hori, and ASCII Pad between them - or anybody can choose to wait for whatever’s next.

Previous orders:
Magnetro: Delivered ASCII pad, command pack, paid for.
Shinji/Kieth: ASCII pad, sent, arriving 23rd, $85 paid.
Mars/Mario: Delivered Hori, $120 paid.
Preppy: Delivered ASCII Stick 3, command pack, paid for.
Eidrian: ASCII Pad. Believe this has been recieved by Masato-san, sent him Eidrian’s address, should be shipped March 8th or so.
Toxy: Hori. Believe this has been recieved by Masato-san, sent him Toxy’s address, should be shipped March 8th or so.

If you want to bid, please send an email to zachd at microsoft dot com with:

• What EXACTLY you want to bid on
  • Your maximum bid price (figure that the total cost will be about +$30 for shipping)
  • Your address —> Our friend in Japan is using that address, so type it really clearly. :smile:

I am probably missing something here, but why would I want to see the led?

I already have the Total control adapter. What happens if I buy the Asc II Stick and use it on my DC without that 9 or 12 volt converter to plug on the adapter?

And as a last question: Are there 208 actions or 208 frames? Or, to put it better, will empty frames “waste” an action?

Thank you so much for any help.

Preppy - I am sending you an e-mail. Thanks so much for all your help.

I thought I asked for an ascii pad…

^-- Whoops - accidentally had you and Mars on the same line. Fixed. Sorry - didn’t mean to scare you. :smile:

yes you did lol

and keep me in queue for one of those command packs if they ever come up again (thanks for all the trouble)

Accidentally posted as an edit - here’s the clean post:

UPDATES:
Fighter: Eidrian says you can choose if you want the pad or stick. He says it’s probably easier with a stick, but if you want the pad, that’s fine.
Majestros: One of your two Hori auctions got randomly canceled. Masato-san doesn’t know why. Do you want a second piece, and if so which one?

Magnetro wants the last Ultimate, I believe. That leaves Majestros, Eidrian, and Fighter to split a ASCII Stick 3, Red Hori, and ASCII Pad between them - or anybody can choose to wait for whatever’s next.

IN LINE:
Shinji: Command Pack
Eidrian: ASCII pad
Mars: ASCII pad

PREVIOUS ORDERS:
Magnetro: Delivered ASCII pad, 2 command pack, paid for. Already had 1 pad.
Shinji/Kieth: ASCII pad, sent, arriving 23rd, $85 paid.
Mars/Mario: Delivered Hori, $120 paid.
Preppy: Delivered ASCII Stick 3, command pack, paid for.
Eidrian: Already got Magnetro’s command pack, old ASCII Stick. ASCII Pad: Believe this has been recieved by Masato-san, sent him Eidrian’s address, should be shipped March 8th or so.
Toxy: Blue Hori. Recieved by Masato-san, should be shipped March 8th or so.
Vega: Blue Hori: Auction won at 2000Y, so a base price of 3605Y + shipping costs. Waiting for Masato-san to receive.
open: ASCII Stick 3, base price of 4635Y. Waiting for Masato-san to receive.

Taiji has an ASCII Stick 3 Pro too, with broken LED.

If you want to bid, please send an email to zachd at microsoft dot com with:

• What EXACTLY you want to bid on
  • Your maximum bid price (figure that the total cost will be about +$30 for shipping)
  • Your address —> Our friend in Japan is using that address, so type it really clearly. :smile: