The PC Gaming Thread Phase II, The Masters of Gaming. No console peasants

Damn, DOOM Eternal is only $20.

1 Like

Since I can’t find a 3070 I’m looking at some prebuilt pc’s. How bad of a deal is this for $1500?

CPU:

[AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core 3.9 GHz (4.7 GHz Max Boost)]

Case:

[Skytech Chronos, White Edition w/ Front Mesh]
CPU Cooler:

[Stock Air Cooler]

Fans:

[4x Skytech ARGB, Dual Ring Fans]

Motherboard:

[B550]

RAM:

[16GB DDR4 Gaming Memory 3600 MHz]

Graphics:

[Nvidia GeForce RTX 3070 8GB]

Primary Hard Drive:

[1TB NVMe SSD]

Power Supply:

[650 Watt 80 Plus Gold Certified]

edit: they dont give the specifics of the psu/ram etc. So assume low to average quality

I’ve had my on this since before I had a capable PC. Now it’s $10. rubs chin

Save 50% on Assault Spy on Steam (steampowered.com)

Roman Reigns: That’s nice. Nobody plays it.

If I had a nickel for every time a Steam sale gets me to buy a game I’ll never have time to play by knocking the price down to $5, I’d have only spent $4.95 on absolutely nothing.

Loving this new ASUS gaming Desktop monitor:

…finally, able to use Ultra-wide feature and features that work in tandem with GPU!!

4 Likes

Get the Cemu emulator and boot up Breath of the Wild in ultrawide. It’s probably still the most impressive thing I’ve seen.

1 Like

I already have the Cemu emulator and BoTW, plus the 2 fan made story campaigns with Linkle and Zelda!!

I need to update it to the latest version 1.22, but I will try it out.
How do you put Cemu in ultrawide mode, though? :thinking:

Also, something that I was going to do next year when I finally return to the workforce once Texas gets a handle on CoVid-19.

I want to upgrade my CPU, but I want to know 1) if its compatible with my current motherboard and 2) how to transfer data to the new CPU.

I’m pretty sure it’s an option in the default graphics back. If not just download an the graphics back from BSOD Gaming on youtube.

1. If you’re on Intel it’s almost a given that you’ll need to buy a new motherboard.

2. To transfer your data you could just buy a new C drive and plug your old one as a backup drive. All of your data will still be there. You could also “Clone” your drive if you want to pop it in your upgrading machine without reinstalling windows but I don’t know how that’s done.

1 Like

https://www.cpu-upgrade.com/mb-ASUS/H110M-A_DP.html

Going with AMD, so yeah I’m going to need a new motherboard.

You can buy something like this to clone your drives.

2 Likes

Just scored a 3070 and finally installed this puppy. Dear god this thing is extra THICC.

6 Likes

Nice! A good friend of mine has been trying to find one but no luck. Where did you get yours?

1 Like

Watching Stock drops on discord and having the https://www.twitch.tv/falcodrin playing in the background. Was a Newegg combo drop and got lucky with folks just waiting on 3080s to drop so scored this puppy. I returned the mobo and kept the card so no bang against that.

If you proceed to follow the twitch channel a few things. Have all your info ready and payment squared away with who ever you decide to go thru. Unless your super lucky skip getting a card from Zotac or Asus since their site is trash and always crashes. Newegg tends to do their stocks around 630-645 EST or at 9 EST. The twitch channel will let out a alarm when something drops and leaves links to follow. Any questions the chat will let you know and suggested ways. If you have any questions feel free to ask.

1 Like

Man, I’m about to say fuck it and grab the Ryzen 3000 series processors.
5th generation CPUs stay sold out!!!

IT IS DONE!!!

8 Likes

New/updated rig is part of my 2021 goals…once I get a new job that is.

4 Likes

You better have good goddamn big handle screwdriver and channel locks because if you’re going with NZXT H510 elite cases!!!

Fucking robot gorillas levels of overtightened screws in the rear vertical area and at the bottom where hard drive casing is!!

1 Like

I’m not fond of cases with clear sides…I usually keep it on the floor.

I got the tools though. Been a few years since I built a PC.

1 Like