The official Cthulhu and ChImp thread - Try our new Dreamcast flavor!

question… my MC Cthulhu is not being detected when plugged into my PC… any idea what’s happening? i have it wired up to a rj45 to a dreamcast and it’s working perfectly fine on my Dreamcast. Im also able to put the board into bootloader mode on the PC… but other than that… the PC just doesnt recognize it. please help if you know something. thanks.

Check the pinout on your USB cable

i had the board plugged into the PC and Dreamcast at the same time… that was the problem. even though the Dreamcast was off. i didnt know that…i thought it was only an issue if both systems were on.

does that sound right? it seems be working fine out since i’ve disconnected the board from the dreamcast.

Never ever do that. The Board is designed for one system at a time only.
You could damage your PC and Dreamcast and Cthulhu that way

[/quote]

[/quote]

yea i didnt know even if the console was powered off, it was still a problem.

[/quote]

[/quote]

Even while powered down, the ICs on the Dreamcast is still getting signals (and power) and can send interfering signals back to the Cthulhu/PC

[/quote]

Even while powered down, the ICs on the Dreamcast is still getting signals (and power) and can send interfering signals back to the Cthulhu/PC

[/quote]

Cool thanks for clarifying that. I was pretty upset when the PC didn’t work cuz I spent a lot of time on building the cabinet. Glad I got it sorted out. Thanks again for your input

Hi,

I’m using MCCthulhu with some RJ45 cables for console without any trouble.

Now i want to make a NEOGEO cable but i don’t know how to do this. I have the DB15 pinout but I really don’t know how i need to wire everythings.

Thanks.

You can’t do a NeoGeo Cable from a RJ45 connector as the inputs are just pressed/nonpressed. No encoders related.

Just do some external wiring to wire UP Down left … into the pins you want for the DB15 connector :slight_smile: i’d suggest using a female connector

OK so easy :slight_smile:
Thanks a lot !

Is the MC Cthulu still available anywhere? I want to build a multi compatible stick to work on the classic Xbox, Dreamcast, PC, PS3 and snes mini Classic. Can’t find these anywhere, nor the PS360+ :frowning:

Paradisearcadeshop was where I’ve purchased mine but looks like they’re all out. You could try the trading outlet maybe?

anyone know how to update the firmware on an MC Cthulu with a mac?

The MC Cthulhu doesn’t work as a Wii Classic Controller, so it won’t work on a SNES Classic Edition.

1 Like

Since the MC Cthulu is now harder to get… and since I’m learning abouty Arduino… how hard would it be to write similair software for the Arduino and make the software more easily available?

Paradise Arcade Shop has a new batch of MC Cthulhu boards in stock. I just ordered one. Get em before they are gone!

Thanks for the heads up, it doesn’t mention it at PAS but I’m assuming these are still compatible with dreamcast as per the title of this thread?

edit: NM I found an old thread that explains

Does anyone know which posts are for each button on the Dreamcast controller on the MC Cthulhu PAS is offering right now? They are labeled like 1P,2K,3K, etc. I understand what that’d be for a PS4 or PS1/2, but I’m not sure which buttons I’ll need to wire up on the Dreamcast. Can anyone direct me to a source that shows that? The only Dreamcast info I found was where to solder the dreamcast cable on the board. Thanks.

Here is the Dreamcast Mapping, I cut out the irrelevant parts

1 Like