Forum Search taking over ctrl+f

OK, so I am not crazy (I previously edited out my original post).

So, ctrl+f does not allow you to search using your browsers search. For example, I am perusing The official Cthulhu and ChImp thread - Try our new Dreamcast flavor! and I want to find any post that mention PCE, PC Engine etc. However, I can’t due to the forum hijacking ctrl+f from me.

Is there a way to turn this off? I can’t imagine that is a feature that people want/enjoy since the forum search is OK for finding threads and some posts but it’s awful for searching a thread.

Thanks.

If you hit CTRL + F twice you should get the default browser search.

Part of the problem, and why Discourse hijacks it, is that as you scroll posts are loaded/unloaded — the built-in search searches the entire topic, and the browser search only searches what’s currently loaded.

OK, I will try that. Almost every other site employs the same method of only loading in new comments as you scroll down but they do not hijack your search. I think these days most everyone knows to load more comments if they want to do an ctrl-f page search since, well, it’s a page search. If I want to use the site/forum search, I’ll go use that button. This is the only site I’ve ever ran into that does this.

Thank you for the tip. I’ll go try it out now.