The King Of Fighters XV General Discussion Thread

1 Like

Everything sounds plausible there.

Damn, the wait is killing me.

IDK, itā€™s a little boring that since 2000 KOF has sticked to the formula of ā€œlong combos thingā€. KOF XII was a chance to renew the spirit, but it bombed, then XIII and XIV were more of the same, that is basically 2002 games redux (2003 and XI were very welcome shifts).

Since Samurai Shodown shown simplified games could work, do you think a full 3D remake of KOF '98UM, with great graphics, great netcode and perhaps a few tweaks and new characters (who knows, maybe even adding DLC characters until it becomes an ā€œeveryone is hereā€ game), could be a success?

Iā€™d like a game with more neutral gameplay Iā€™m all for that. Having season passes not so much I really donā€™t like the idea and adds a layer of superficial hype to the game.

1 Like

Meanwhile, as folks await for KOFXV, there is CG series coming out.
Evidently, this is based on the events of KOF96.
https://twitter.com/YeMaster/status/1288716299762192384?s=20

Well, that trailer looks actually good. Much better than KOF Destiny. Count me in :slight_smile:

ā€¦ why are they talking in Mandarin? Even worse why does Kyo do Orochinagi with the japanese phrase?

Hopefully it becomes full japanese audio coz Iā€™m not a fan atm. I donā€™t mind the graphics and 96-97 is my favorite KoF arc but I canā€™t deal.

Nah.

1 Like

Sounds like someoneā€™s shitty fanfic roster.

4 Likes

i linked this without even reading it lol

What would you need for KOF XV to get your attention?

To be true, Iā€™m kind of apathetic to the idea of a new game.

I loved KOF XI the most since it implemented huge changes, both in the gameplay and the roster (not only some new and interesting characters, but also many changes to the already existing characters).

KOF XIII was in some form a return to 2002ā€™s style, and while the new graphics were appealing, it was a little boring how some characters (like Robert or King) reverted to ancient history versions of themselves. Also the gameplay felt a little clunky and slow.

KOF XIV was even more similar to KOF 2002 and the new characters werenā€™t good at all IMO. There were many but none of them had any charm (and their gameplay was quite boring), and many ones like Hein or Najd, looked like shovelware generic anime/deviantart characters with nothing special.

Iā€™d be interested, in this order, in:

1. A completely new gameplay style. No more copies of KOF 2002. And something more agile; the old 3vs3 turns format has became frustrating, at least to me.
  2. Overhaul of the roster and new reinventions of old characters. Iā€™m sick and bored of old time Robert, Leona, Chin, Chang, Vice, Mature, etcetera. I thought we had left those old time relics behind. Bring in new characters like KOF XI did (not necessarily 100% new, but you can bring in many other characters from the very rich SNK Extended Universe, like Lee Pai Long, Rick Strowd, Hon-Fu, the Buriki One gang, Kevin Ryanā€¦), and create new movesets (and new appearances) for the old ones. Evolve the gameā€™s universe like KOF XI did once.
  3. Great graphics. KOF XIVā€™s were underwhelming, to be true. Not only they looked in the cheaper and outdated side, but more important they had a severe lack of charisma, which was one of the biggest staples for KOF.

A trailer. :rofl:

3 Likes

Still waiting. As patiently as possible.

3 Likes
3 Likes

Killing time before the KOF XV trailer:

CHARACTERS Iā€™D LIKE TO SEE IN KOF XV:

1. SHINGO YABUKI. He brings a lot of heart to the table, and Iā€™ve enjoyed his gameplay very much.
  2. MOE HABANA. Pretty sure SNK doesnā€™t have the rights, but whatever. She was a true fit for the KOF series and I always liked her.
  3. USA SPORTS TEAM. Theyā€™re a pretty fun running gag at this point, but to see them back for once in a lifetime would be pretty cool.
  4. MAY LEE. I liked her gameplay and I think they could improve his design this time. The ā€œpants and T-shirtā€ just wasnā€™t Henshin enough, with the 3D graphics they could give her a full superhero transformation this time :slight_smile: Would be cool :smiley: Sheā€™s one of the characters that has never received a redesign.
  5. ADELHEID. A shame he wasnā€™t playable in KOF XIII because he was supposed to be a part of the story. I loved his gameplay in KOF XI.
  6. HON-FU. He got everything to be a classic: convincing fighting style, real martial artist homage, great gameplay. Too bad they havenā€™t given him a chance yet.
  7. RODY BIRTS/KEVIN RIAN. I like both these Police guys, I think they had great designs and they could bring something to the table.
  8. KHUSHNOOD BUTT. B. Jenet, Tizoc and Gato were in, I think they could give him a chance this time. Maybe as an extra character, since kkgr fighters are still strong and popular.
  9. LAURENCE BLOOD. Heā€™s so bizarre Iā€™d like them to revive the character.
  10. THOSE FROM THE PAST/HIZOKU GANG. Lots of interesting, unused designs and dropped storylines. I think itā€™s time for them to be back.
  11. NAMELESS. Intriguing and mysterious background, good gameplay and everything, time to reincorporate this guy into the canon.
  12. LEE PAI LONG/JUBEI YAMADA. Not every character has to be young and trendy. I liked Leeā€™s gameplay in NGBC, and Jubei could be a great way to honor traditional martial artists; there was a cool looking artwork from him in the KOF XII years I think, they could make him look badass in KOF XV.
  13. BURIKI ONE CHARACTER. You could add back Gai, Silber, or some new character like Rob Python. Another option would be to have a full BO team: Gai, Seo and Takato.
  14. A MAXIMUM IMPACT CHARACTER. Just out of curiosity. I think this time they do have the rights for these people. Yeah, most of these characters didnā€™t have good designs, but Lien, Louise or Nagase returning would be a cool throwback.

Itā€™s hour till KOF XV trailer drops. In the meanwhile, I created my roster wishlist for the game.

But first,
CHARACTERS FROM KOF XIV I LEFT OUT:

• New characters I didnā€™t like/deemed not worthy of KOF: Alice, Gang-Il, Hein, King of Dinosaurs [but heā€™s back as Tizoc], Verse
  • Characters Iā€™m kind of bored of: Kensou, Chin, Chang, Choi, Mature, Vice
  • Characters Iā€™m sort of neutral towards but felt could take a pause for next game: Xanadu, Ramon, Tung, Nakoruru, Miu Miu, Love Heart, Whip, Vanessa, Heidern

(New characters -not being in KOF XIV- in bold)

TEAM JAPAN Kyo Kusanagi
Benimaru Nikaido
Goro Daimon
TEAM FATAL FURY Terry Bogard
Andy Bogard
Joe Higashi
TEAM WOMEN FIGHTERS King
Mai Shiranui
Yuri Sakazaki
TEAM HIGH SCHOOL GIRLS Athena Asamiya
May Lee
Nagase
TEAM ART OF FIGHTING Ryo Sakazaki
Robert Garcia
Khushnood Butt
TEAM IKARI Ralf Jones
Clark Still
Leona Heidern
TEAM Kā€™ Kā€™
Kula Diamond
Maxima
TEAM YAGAMI Iori Yagami
Kukri
Oswald
TEAM JUSTICE Kim Kaphwan
Hon-Fu
Blue Mary
TEAM SOUTH TOWN Ryuji Yamazaki
Billy Kane
Gato
TEAM NESTS Angel
Sylvie Paula Paula
Nameless
TEAM EXCHANGE Mian
Najd
Luong
TEAM SOUTH AMERICA Nelson
Zarina
Bandeiras Hattori
TEAM CHINA Shunā€™Ei
Meitenkun
NEW YOUNG FEMALE CHARACTER
TEAM ASH Ash Crimson
Elisabeth Blanctorche
Shen Woo
NEW FACES TEAM Yashiro Nanakase
Chris
Shermie
USA SPORTS TEAM Brian Battler
Lucky Glauber
Heavy D!
TEAM GAROU Tizoc
B. Jenet
Kevin Rian
TEAM YOUNG LORDS Adelheid
Rock Howard
W. KRAUSERā€™S DAUGHTER
TEAM BOSSES Antonov
Geese Howard
Mr. Big
BOSS NEW BOSS

Alleged leaked KOF XV screenshots, not sure if real or fake:

2 Likes

Hereā€™s hoping tag battles come back and it plays more like KOF XI. Iā€™m sure purists will hate me for saying that :joy:

Leona my bae! I was hoping XV would look a little more polished in the graphics departmentā€¦ oh well hope it will be fun.

1 Like