The General Dragon Ball FighterZ Thread v2 (Saiyan Certified)

Been labbing stuff… man… Base Vegeta loops are awesome!!!

1 Like
1 Like

It seems so. I remain unconvinced that it’s worth much, though, since Frieza has other, more fundamental problems that remain unadressed. If it does turn out to be completely busted, I’ll gladly eat my words.

The real question is, is there a special intro with goku vs Vegeta/nappa team

Also I don’t understand the reasoning for yamchas wall bounce on wff. Seems like it would harder to combo in the corner now

That is really disappointing about reg goku’s ki balls not being lows…could have offset him not having a low 2L

@AceKombat

How do you like Vegeta’s assist? My old team is Cell/Vegito/Black, I’m considering replacing Cell with Vegeta but it seems like Vegeta has good tools solo so I might replace Black instead.

Also I can see that Vegeta seems like a great point character but how much would you say he needs assists to shine?

1 Like

Ginyu’s new Heavy Tackle is godlike for midscreen combos. Not so reliant on assists anymore is amazing!

1 Like

need to optimize that shit, but golden frieza is fun

1 Like

https://youtu.be/GuYdmuMRMps I tried this in the patch and it still works for what its worth…

Havnt gotten around to trying base goku or vegeta yet they arent out for me… but im glad to see the patch has actual changes worth exploring unlike the first one really. Krillin, freeza both seemed pretty fun. Ginyu seems better but for the most part it just seems like they made all the stuff I did with him in those day one videos easier and more accessible. Which in a way is fun but also in a way it kinda makes some of those more crazy mid screen ways to set stuff up somewhat moot, which is disapointing from a creative stand point since now hes just… for the most part just easier and same stuff but in different areas…

Piccolos orb actually seems to let those double orb combos i showed before more realistic and doable vs more characters. Looks like you might be able to triple orb even … also you can now orb link off grabs which I always wanted to work in the original but couldnt seem to get to work before.

Vegito does have some tone downs and some tone ups… some long combos seem to potentially not work now to super since kicks do less stun, but all the optimal stuff i was doing before i tried off hand and it seems to work… it may potentially not work vs some characters though that require longer delays as that might push it over the edge it seems.

As for the top tier nerfs im really disapointted… taking away stuff like cell and kid buus cross up stuff is just retarded. Having things that hit different and having wacky fun stuff is well fun. Its like they did a good job adding more fun stuff to some characters… but at the price of taking away fun stuff from others which is stupid… cells optimal loops are harder now since medium i slower and of course do low damage. Although i havnt fiddled with it this might mean some of those more wacky combos i showed in other videos or talked about might even be better in a way which might be fun and refreshing but still…

1 Like

When does this dlc shit normally drop for psn? I have some ideas I want to try out

So, Frieza his assist still doesn’t track? The Golden Frieza changes are great though.
Really glad that Gotenks his Galactic Donut assist doesn’t use up the Smash property anymore, that was a big annoyance for me. I assume Broly his assist won’t whiff 99,999% of the time in the corner now?

Base Goku’s Kaioken Super … :flushed:

Somewhat practical sparking combo, beam punish, and a bnb into spirit bomb

Sorry for the posts but I love me some new characters lol

1 Like

it didnt make that big of a difference in the venue, everyone screaming in unison stuffed the weak ass english voice.

2 Likes

Kid Buu’s Human Extinction Attack into Goku’s Super Spirit Bomb is the easiest 66% damage I’ve ever seen in this game.

Imo, Black is a liability… to be fair, he is okay, but in the long run he’s just linear. It isn’t even 2L that’s just a problem, his DHC synergy kinda sucks (or is below average at least, last-hit confirming DHC with him is rough on a couple characters in a real match.) I still think Cell is good though, I’d keep him.

For Base Vegeta, I’m kind of on the weaker ends of assist practicality since I’m not really fast enough to find assist-based combos. In hindsight, I see Base Vegeta good in any position tbh. Assist does good chip and serves the purpose of lockdown and even neutral control. He serves great also as a mid-combo tag switch extender in the corner. I’m currently considering Cell/A16/B.Vegeta in this order, with two characters that are well-rounded (Cell/B.Vegeta) and the other I try not to have as anchor (A16).

Patch is really disappointing. I was hoping they would buff characters in ways that further differentiated them in terms of play style, but it’s pretty clear they want everyone to be rush down. It also looks like Frieza and Beerus will remain trash can tier.

1 Like

So goku has an overhead, low, crossup and a command grab while in kaioken. Wonder how reactable they are in a real match. Would be fun to go nuts with x20 if it’s actually worth doing on block lol