The Fast Food Thread

What kind of fast food chains are a regionally exclusive to you guys? I don’t mean like Whataburger in the Southwest, or In-N-Out in California or any of that, but real exclusive shit with only a few locations.

I grew up in New Mexico, and we had a place called Blake’s Lotaburger. All of the restaurants are super clean, you can see the staff (usually a bunch of old ladies, oddly enough) as they cook your food, and everything has a distinct New Mexican twist on it. Lots of green chile and other spicy shit. Love it.

Oh, and fuck Washington state for only having like two Sonic locations. I know most of the time Sonic is ass, but when you grew up with them all around you, then have it taken from you, it suddenly tastes so much better.

Wait we have two Sonic? Wear? I’ve seen commercial for that shit for like forever now and still have yet to even see one. I’m almost certain I will see a unicorn before I see a Sonic.

There’s one at Meridian and 136th in Puyallup. I seem to recall one in Vancouver too, but I could have been in Portland and just too high to realize it.

I’m guessing Tommy’s.

Culver’s. Although I think it might have expanded outside Midwest in recent years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When I worked at my last job, we ate a LOT of fast food. We only had a 30 min lunch, and that included driving. I think I literally burned myself out on most fast food because of that. However, I do know a lot about fast food now.

Now, I work at a job that I don’t clock in and out for, so we often go for 60-90 minute lunches, so fast food is all but out for me. I’ll still eat In-and-Out, but as far as chain places go, that’s pretty much it.

I’m very much about local joints and taco shops. Taco shops are basically fast food. Some of them even have drive thrus, so I’d say taco shops are my current favorite fast food.

All that being said, here is my review of the more popular chain places (keep in mind, I’m in San Diego, so we don’t have all the same chain places as the midwest and east coast.)

McDonalds - Fucking shit. Horrible food. Even the breakfast is shit. Except the McRib. It doesn’t save this place tho because they only have it at certain times.
Burger King - I wouldn’t go here is I was paid to do so. Not for anything. Shit food.
Carl’s Jr (Also know as Hardees) - Western bacon cheeseburger is ok, but not worth the price. Overall a pass.
Wendy’s - Best fast food chicken sandwich IMO. The spicy chicken sandwich or the asiago bacon ranch with teh spicy patty are my favorite fast food chicken items.
KFC - No.
Jack in the Box - Jack’s ultimate breakfast sandwich anytime of day and most open 24 hours? Yes plz! Great drunken food. These may not be on the east coast, I’m not sure.
Subway - No. Given the amount of local sandwich places available, I don’t understand how these are so popular.

Overall, I’ll still try and go to a local place if I can.

I really need to hit up Jack In The Box more.

Chicagoland has Portillos. Best fast food burgers, dogs, italian beef and chocolate cake you can get.

I’ll talk about the places around where I stay–

The any size soda for a $1 at **McDs **is very appealing. You can get that plus a whole meal for under $4–I usually get the McDouble/Small fries combination. Outside of that and probably the Angus Burger, do not eat here.

In n Out is strong as hell. I’d eat here everday if I could, and I always see the lot crowded. It’s usually the first thing I’d consider when going to get something to eat.

Carls Jr is somewhat pricey. I like their burgers, but they don’t offer enough cheap combinations. $8 dollars for a combo is close to robbery. The big carl is an ok, it’s sorta bland but good if you are looking for something quick and reasonable.

**Fatburger **has excellent food, but very expensive. You are looking at $20.00 easy for two combos, that’s robbery. They don’t have a huge menu or anything either, I usually come here when I got money to blow (which is almost never!)

Burger Palace is ghetto burger joint. If you live in the hood, you know Burger Palace. They have everything you can think of, and it’s very affordable. You can get 4 combos under $20 dollars, that’s stealing shit! The problem with them though is that the taste is pretty average, if you want the good stuff be prepared to dish out $8 and up. I’d rather go somewhere else if I was going to do that.

Taco Bell - I really hate Taco Bell, but one cannot deny their menu options. You can do some interesting combinations, but be prepared for stomach aches if you eat this stuff. They’ve been doing stuff like Durrrito Burritos, but I like their Durrito Tacos more.

Wing Stop is good, but their chicken wings are small and somewhat pathetic. They have good fries, and you can get a lot for $20 bucks. Never, ever use this place for dinner meals though. It’s more like a sports diner.

Del Taco has a good menu, but their fries are average. Their burritos are average also, don’t let those window pictures fool you. Still, I’d take this over Taco Bell.

Rallys is good, but they’ve went up on stuff over the years and their burgers have gotten A LOT smaller shit is almost McDs tier. The fries here are still among the best in the business, and they have a good menu of items to choose from.

I know you want only low-key fast food chains, but Kennedy Fried Chicken and Miami Subs Grill are damn good. One restaurant that fits your criteria in SW Florida is Hungry Bear’s. It’s a really good cheesesteak joint, and there’s only a handful of them. They got meh stuff for sides (who considers a bag of potato chips a legitimate side!?), but I’d just go there for the cheesesteak and get some fries from somewhere else.

The meals in Sonics are pretty tasteless, but goddamn they got an awesome list of milk shakes and desserts. Fried cheesecake bites… ::drools::

Speaking of sweets, what ranking would you all put for best sweets in a fast food place? I’m very tempted to put Sonics at #1 at my list.

I have never had a BK burger. I think I might try one today actually. I had a discussion with a buddy the other day about getting really flat pop from their once, and never trusting their food.

Besides, I can’t eat pho two days in a row…can I?

You can eat Pho 10 days in a row and no one is going to say shit.

What’s the verdict on places like Panera Bread, chipotle, Ivars and qdoba? Do those count as fast food? Their prices are a little higher than your McDonalds, but the time it takes for you to get your food is about the same (well to me).

I’ve pretty much replace the conventional fast food (you know the one with the drive thru) with those.

They’re all technically fast food, man.

This week’s cheat meal:

2 x Italian Steak P’Zolo, 2 x Buffalo Chicken P’Zolo, 4 x ranch dips, Diet Mountain Dew = 2,040 calories

fast food is generally considered any place that is common in most states and areas

Subway = I dont raelly go here to often, ill mainly hit up Kroger’s for subs

Mcdonalds =ass…

Captain D’s = they dont give you enough food and they overcook the fish…2.4/5

Wendy’s =chicken is usually good, I just remember frosty’s being alot bigger back in the day

Zaxby’s = god tier buffalo chicken tenders (10 piece) 5/5

chic-fil-a = overpriced

im not really a fast food type…probably go once a week or so…

Checkers/Rally’s = Omfg those fries are god tier. The burgers and stuff are okay too, but I usually go for the fries. Not even the loaded ones, just their regular seasoned fries.

Also I see a lot of BK hate here…I had the Carolina Whopper the other day, it came PERFECTLY. It looked exactly like an “as advertised” burger, and it tasted really nice. Hoping they keep this one even after summer is over.

Has anybody tried the new AM Crunchwrap at Taco Bell? Looks fucking delicious but my Taco Bell doesn’t serve breakfast unfortunately.

Also bump.

None around here do either. I’m concerned about that Mtn Dew AM. That shit sounds cray.

W…what?

Put of the main fast food chains I gotta give wendies the nod. As someone that works in food, they do alot of things right with how they store their product and the ingredients they use on their burgers. Also their new fries with the sea salt are damn good. Awesome chicken sandwiches too.