The Fast Food Thread

I guess you haven’t heard of the whole “pink slime” controversy concerning most minced meat in America? I know you’re Canadian, but this story is getting international “fame” (in a manner of speaking). In other words, it really doesn’t matter if you make your own or get some at a fast food joint - it’s still some fucked up shit. I gotta drive about 30-45 minutes to get beef that isn’t filled with ‘pink slime’. Where? At a butchery, the only place you can really trust with meat nowadays. To top it off, there’s probably only two butcheries within two hours of me… it’s a dying commerce due to people going directly to grocery stores.

I will agree that if you can get proper meat and know how to make a “gourmet burger”, then I prefer it over that of any known fast food there is. Thankfully, I know how to fucking cook. But not everyone does, so there’s always going to be commerce for fast food. I know someone’s going to say “how hard can it be to make a burger?” I know, it’s not hard. Yet, I have met people who struggle with making ramen noodles.

I will say that I’m a bit partial to Subway though. I’ve munched their stuff when I lived in England and here in America. The customization is a bit of a perk (imo). I like getting a chicken parmesan, 6", with spinach and olives. Good stuff. Fast food is good here or there, but I can’t fucking stand anything from McDonald’s. Wendy’s chicken or BK burgers. And Red Robin > * (in terms of burger places). But it’s a sit down environment, so I don’t consider it “fast food”.

Sup wit people coming in here saying they don’t eat fast food. You in the wrong thread, mayne.

[/dialect that I am not even remotely good at faking]

Back when I ate meat, Steak ‘n’ Shake was my jam. On a trip to the west coast, I tried In ‘n’ Out, which was just as impressive as far as the burgers went, but Steak ‘n’ Shake beats it out of sheer variety. No other fast food burger chain comes close.

Being a vegetarian in a fast food restaurant is interesting. Did you know that there are maybe three or four items on the entire McDonalds menu that don’t have meat in them, including the shakes? Even the fries are cooked in beef runoff. To me, McDonalds is essentially a coffee place now.

Subway is great. Well, it’s not great, but it’s a usable option if you’re in a hurry. 9-grain, provolone, lettuce, onions, green peppers, cucumbers, a little ranch, voila. A perfectly tolerable sandwich.

There used to be an independent pizza place here in town that served NY-style slices, including the ability to order premade at the counter. It closed recently, which makes me hate the imbeciles who skipped it in favor of Domino’s or whatever other shits that cling to the toilet bowl of the chain pizza business.

Hmm, what else…

Panchero’s is good.

^I’m glad you came through Goody. I would love if someone made more healthy or even vegan late night options. It’s cool that some subways stay open late but that’s not enough. Need more black bean, tofu, and soy powered fast foods.

WOW. I forgot all about Steak and Shake. Spicy Chipotle Steak Burger is GOD TIER OF BURGERS. I have had no desire to try any other burger. That burger, when made just right, is just amazing.

Also, it helps that I’ve got a couple buddies that work there and they always hook me up with a discount burger, or they throw in a large, delicious root beer and/or fries. Sooooo good. Sometimes, that’s how I celebrate my weekend: I start it off with a spicy chipotle steak burger right after work.

Ay yo, fuck McDonald’s. Just smelling that shit makes me feel sick. Ray Kroc was a brilliant businessman, but the food is poison.

I usually get my food from Subway, but only because there’s no Made In Japan Teriyaki in the immediate vicinity. On rare occasions when I want a burger, I’ll go to Harvey’s, because it ensures that I get only what I want on it, and I get to see them prepare the food. I’m a big supporter of restaurants preparing food in front of you.

The cool thing is, the place where I’ll be interning soon has a Teriyaki one floor below.

Now, for some reason or another, I feel like I didn’t give Steak 'n Shake enough focus when it was nearby. When I lived in Knoxville, TN there were a few of them down there … I think I only tried it out once or twice. Ah well. Locally, we don’t have too varied of a selection (generic ones, really). What about Five Guys Burgers? I have had their stuff quite a few times. It’s a bit expensive, but they do have rather good burgers. Grilled onions, jalapeno peppers, grilled mushrooms on a bacon cheeseburger ends up being a gooey, yet delightful, mess.

The best fast food I’ve ever had were limited-time only speciific chicken burgers. Mozarella Chicken Supreme from Wendy’s is one of the tastiest things I’ve ever eaten in my life. When it got discontinued, I was so damn salty. It’s been years since I last had one…all my friends knew how much I loved a Spicy Chicken Sandwich, but the hype I had telling them about the Mozarella Chicken Supreme was so great that they had to try one for themselves. It’s God-tier. Chicken, lettuce, a slice of Mozrella, and some amazing sauce that brings it all together.

Double Down from KFC is amazing, and they did discontinue it for a bit, but it’s back now. It’s too damn expensive though, but holy shit does it ever taste good.

Arby’s has some really good chicken burgers. Chicken Bacon Swiss is king out of all their chicken burgers, though.

This. Did it come out around 2000-2002 time frame? I remember one sandwich I was absolutely hooked on from Wendy’s around that time frame and that sounds just like it. And when I mean hooked, I mean hooked. That sandwich was so banging. I know it was cheesy and had some awesome cheese sauce that went with it. Oh damn you… damn you for reminding me of this sandwich that has haunted me for so long…

I think I was getting them around 2003/2004. I think the cheese had tiny chopped up jalapeno peppers in it and their might have been a slice of tomato on the burger along with the other toppings I mentioned. Tastiest sandwich of all time. I wish it would make a come back…goddamn was it ever good.

I remember McDonald’s Pizza being really fucking good. Were they, or is it just my memories clouding my taste judgement?

Yeah, that might had been it. I just know it was a bit of a mess once you took it out of the wrapper - you just knew it was going to be good. As for McDonald’s Pizza … they were better than what one would expect, yeah. I wouldn’t say “really fucking good” - but, damn good for a fast food pizza. They barely lasted. Now when we talk about 1999-2004, fast food and ramen were my natural food sources… lol.

Man I get more sick eating fast food teriyaki crap than mcd’s

Once a month or so I get a severe craving for a steak burrito from Chipotle. Rice, steak, no beans, lettuce, tomato, shredded cheese, sour cream, hot salsa, fresh corn salsa, and doused with Tabasco sauce. Mmmm… now I want one.

I used to get this sandwich at Wendys except I’d ask for the Spicy Chicken filet instead of regular. Fucking exceptional.

^_-;

Panagois so delicious. I haven’t had their pizza in so long, though. I gotta see if I can hunt them down somewhere.

Yeah I can’t get any fast food rice bowls too often. Meat is always too damn salty and the chicken is usually somewhat bland.

Mcdonalds I’ve been getting the southwest salad or honey mustard wraps. Good alternative if you want a healthier choice. Southwest salad is godlike.

I do loves me a big Mac though. Chipotle burrito is pretty damn good every now and then. In n out is good, but maybe because there are so many in my city that I don’t value it as much.

Wendy’s doublestack and chili or chili on a baked potato is pretty good for cheap.

I just wish fast food chili didn’t always have to have onions in the mix. :frowning:

Its all about Peter Piper pizza yo.

I’ll have fast food every now and then, I try to get away from it, but with prep, cooking, and cleaning the total amount of time does not equal to the amount of time you eat the food, and to me, some days I would only have enough energy to cook a damn ramen pack. I like Wendy’s monterrey ranch chicken sandwich, jr. bacon sandwich, the only time I eat at mc donalds is usually breakfast, but sometimes I’ll get a mc chicken and substitute the mayo with mac sauce, and also those wraps are alight. Arby’s can be hit or miss. I’m a somewhat lite eater so I find that chipolte/quedoba to be a little bit pricier and a lot of burrito, but if I’m really hungry I’ll get the chicken with everything except for beans.

my town is predominantly caucasian but we have 2 of the best shawarma places.

osmow’s and pita nutso. shawarma is one of the greatest fast foods known to man. i’d choose a shawarma over a burger almost any day of the week.

First the windows 7 burger and now this.

[media=youtube]coI1E6STjAk[/media]

Fucking Japan…

church’s chicken can give you blue balls don’t eat that shit