The Complete Dudley Thread

SSB>SA3, don’t completely forget about SSB, you should throw it out at least once to keep your opponent from getting too comfortable.

this should go in the ask me anything about dudley thread. but anyway, the best meaties are c.short, f+rh, and UOH, because they all have to be blocked/parried one way, and they all can be hit confirmed into super.

…What? shakes head

That didn’t make much sense, but the argument for using rocket upper against Chun is generally that you want to do a lot of damage when you hit her, b/c you won’t get to hit her often with Duds if your opponent is good with her.

Picking rocket upper allows you to do a round-turning amount of damage off of one opening, which is one of Dudley’s strongest points anyway – mad damage in one combo. ROcket upper capitalizes on that strength.

eps… what is the timing to link jet upper after liver blow in his rh ex mgb juggle? I can’t ever get the jet upper to come out what am i doing wrong?

its not a link, its a cancel. by liver blow u mean f+mk right? its hk xx ex mgb, f+mk xx hp dp.

:lol:

that’s the dumbest name for a move.

well, one of the dumbest.

:rock:

For some reason I can’t seem to get good with Dudley. I can do his high hitting combos, but I just can’t seem to win with him. What kind of strategies should I use? I’m looking for a more basic kind of strategies and tricks and way of using Dudley most efficiently.

eps yeah liver blow is -> mk. yeah it’s not a good name at all. lol

i got it now ty though. it is a cancel lol. on adding the super at the end of the upper, should i go ahead and start rolling around for it when i execute the upper like right after?
and is doing cork afterwards good to do, i dont’ know what it does as i havent’ did it yet. is it worht the bar basically or is more style points/intimidation?

i’ve gone to dudley over akuma for tourney play, i just don’t play smart enough in general yet to justify using a character who is a damage taking bastard, ya know? lol \

Peace

never do super after ex mgb combos unless you WILL kill them, or its like 3rd round and down to the wire, adn you have meter to spare. just stick with the dp.

yeah it’s like victoly said, look at the situation and think about damage/stun/bar as it’s relevant. that has really helped my game. but what is his best non-meter using combo. i do c rh, j mgb, j mgb, fp upper. but that’s only against hugo, urien, shotos, twelve, and i think twins. i could use the ex upper b/f that, but i’m talking about not having bar and only doing one upper is more guaranteed for me right now.
so i need one that will work on everyone or should i just learn one for each of the cast or their groups?

Epsilon ty for helping me become better,
scott

well the best no meter combo is greatly depandant on the character…its best to just put in the time and learn the character specific combos so you can get the max damage every time.

What are they then?

i dont have time to write up all character specific combos right now, going to a tourney today, running a tourney tomm. i might get to it on monday though.

i would app very much!! what tourney u going too today? isn’ the OL one on sat. I can’t make it to this ol one, but i’m def. going next time, or at least gonna try my f’n hardest.

that’s for you, Sdouble. it was on page 1 of this thread. have a quick glance first before you ask :lol:.

shit thanks man i’m printing them shits out right now. lol

I know some of these but not alot the ones midscreen, i love the double c. rh one’s alot. esp in the corner lol. Dudley is def. the flashiest man is 3s!!! He is my fav. character. Man i just love dudley. I’ve got the 5 c rh. ducking upper combo down now. it’s ova!!

As soon as i commit these to memory my game will improve alot. man this rules. This has renewed my int. in 3s for sure. it was always there but i just want to be good with dud’s so bad.

no problem :karate:

first you’ll have to change your avatar :lol:.

one thing i forgot to put in that list is that on Hugo, you can do s. roundhouse x EX MGB -> jab MGB -> twds + forward x fierce Jet Uppercut ANYWHERE ON THE SCREEN.

another thing you can do vs. anyone is if you happen to do s. roundhouse x EX MGB on them and they’re like, supersupersuper close to getting stunned, after EX MGB is over, do a j. fierce to stun them then when you land you can do twds + forward x fierce Jet Uppercut for a little extra damage.

ty kal el that stun one is really good. these are some swoll combos u gave me lol. now i just have to get char. spec and memorize em’.
Then i’ll be ready for war.

it’s great to pick one for the situation and not just do what u like. I used to do that, but now i’m actually thinking, man it’s so fun not being a shitty player any more. I’ve been working so hard at it. lol I just love the mind games of 3rd strike.

Do u know anyone who makes good avatars? I do need a dudley one big time man!!! i guess i’ll just go make a request but i want someone who’ll put a background in it for god’s sake!!!

Shim Sang Joon makes good 3s avatars. give him a shout on the Image Mishmash forums.

i’m still having problems with my spacing what should i do to learn some good footsies and such, is it just all practice?