The Complete Alex Thread

lol

well, hugo is relatively easy. alex is faster and deal almost equal damage, also have a command grab. as septimus said, poke him to the corner and then jump in a lot (not gettin predictable). mix your empty jumps with j.lp, j.mk and j.fp. after those either do a tick throw or wait a split sec to do mk, flash chop (to bait him into a throw). that pressure will kill him.

damn, the link to the 3v3 vid is dead. anyone willing to upload it?

Im sorry I dont fully agree with this.Hugo is my main matchup for about 2 years now.Never get jumpy vs a decent hugo.Light backbreaker beats almost everything hands down.Stomps and ddts are actually more useful vs hugo.DDt’s jumps wakeup gigas attempts.Stomps also beats gigas flat.But like all moves use with common sense.If you sense a gigas go for stomp or ddt.

Hugo can whore Medium punch on you which beats 90% of your attacks.Foward Fierce Punch is your friend.You need to watch out for Whiff backbreaks to gigas.Never try to beat hugos backbreaker with your Anti air Knee Repeat Never.Staying in his face can be very tough for hugo to deal with.Most hugos are used to long range so suprise him and bring the fight to him.Crouching medium punch is also very good in this matchup.

Dont tick hugo has been said already so if you have the chance for a tick throw just go for the throw.

This is very important to note this…Hugos hit box around his head dissapears when hes landing from a whiffed backbreaker.Do not repeat do not try to go for Back+ fierce.Hes in crouching state after that move.

Jumping fierce punch mixs ups work great agains hugo.J.Fierce meduim punch or kick ,slap /j.fierce,powerbomb

EDIT:You should all know by now that back+fierce beats sa3 and running clothesline and running grab.So stay sharp and hugo should really have no chance.

Never Ever …use A Bloody Spiral-ddt On Hugo !!!

Can anyone tell me how to stop Ken from getting in? Unless he’s being aggressive and i stuff him into the corner, he just waits for me, plays his Ken like Chun until hes got me in the corner then wake up game to death.

Foward+meduim punch is good vs kens crossups.Foward+Fierce from a distance stops him going airborn.

thedude.com want to give a reason why? DDT stops wake up 360’s and 720’s.So whats so bad about it vs hugo?

hugo do not blindly abuse 360s and 720s …
turtle hugo > DDT …

the height of DDT is twice , it’s noticed easily …
when landed , you get the 360 or 720 …

being over exaggerated , is kinda hard to predict that a player going to get it by DDT .

eer try this tick throw i often use it on com …s.short XX ddt(short)

1- What’s a good fake to get SA III to connect?
2- Say I Stun someone, what’s a good damaging follow-up?
3- What notes can you give regarding his Personal Action (Taunt)?
4- Is Jumping HK (Deep)–>B+HP a good combo?
5- Where the heck can one find this Alex Tuturiol vid?
6- Scorpion>SA III Yun “GET OVER HERE!”

1. :mp: and then SA III or Slash Elbow and then SA III are both okay. Use SA II.
  2. :hp: Flash, then :hp: Backdrop is good (note, don’t use B+HP if your opponent has a fast super like Corkscrew Blow. He’ll still be able to hit you). :hp: Flash, cl.:mk: x EX Flash is good too.
  3. Every two rotations gives his next attack roughly 8% damage increase, topping out at 8 rotations (which you don’t have to do at once).
  4. I don’t think that combos.
  5. I don’t know.
  6. Okay… :wtf:
  1. only if you are far away and can’t follow with close mk, ex flash chop. it does good stun
  2. combovideos.com (the tutorial videos are down for now, gotta wait a month or so to dl)

Headbutt will combo after both jumping :hk: and :hp:. The problem is that the the back fierce followup will whiff if they were ducking making you miss out on damage and leaving you open to retaliation.

Better off sticking to the standard close :mk: xx FlashChop.

You mean CV+ has nothing to do with it?
K, thanks for the tips.
BTW is there a way to combo into QCF+MP?

^yeah, check the front page, they are having trouble with some sections, i’m waiting myself too cuz i lost that wakeup tutorial (plus the vivaldi song was cool).

no there is not, but what i’ve seen ksk do is to fake a powerbomb tick like, c.lk mp flash chop, sometimes it connects but i wouldn’t rely on it.

Oh Alex gurus…

OK, anyone who wishes to impart their wisdom, please do.

Last night, I had a little online marathon on XBL. I got some pretty good opponents (IE I got my ass handed to me), the last bit, I was fighting against a talented Q player. Now, I had him on his back alot, I was hurting him badly, and every time, he would go very defensive, and take me out.

My main problem was not the execution of Alex’s moves, but my inability to get close enough to get in a throw. I tried using the slash BF+LP,MP,HP and I found the HP to be too slow and dangerous, the LP to short, so I had some success with the MP slash. However, I noticed, that the animation after I hit him with the MP slash, puts me just out of range for the HCB+HP throw. So I tried dashing, and mixing up LP,MP,MK,LK with some success, the only time I was able to land a combo and finish with a head butt or a suplex was with a Jumping LP, than QCB+LP,HP right on the landing. Unfortunately, jumping against a good defensive player is almost suicide.

So, my question is, what are some effective light combos/tactics to get in to damaging range with Alex? Am I on the right track? Or way off the mark? I tried to figure out the “charging” for the slash and stomp between moves (Charge partitioning), and I cant quite figure it out, any help there would be appreciated as well.

Also, what is a good setup combo for the Hyper bomb? I whiffed a few of those last night too, and the animation was so close to connecting every time that it hurt to see…(like Alex’s arms would actually go through my opponent and still miss…)

Thanks to anyone who takes the time to respond to a scrub like me…

Part Deux

Oh yeah, one last question.

I have accidently pulled off an intriguing move occasionally, and I cant for the life of me figure it out. Alex can catch a jumping opponent and slam him into the ground/shoulder drop. How the hell is this done?

Thanks again for any help.

Edit: Is it FDP+K?

DP+K is the knee grab move. Anyway, while jumping at a defensive player isn’t always the best thing to do, you have to consider that Q doesn’t really have a passable anti-air game. Your best bet is to mix in jump attacks (which can be used for ticks) and empty jumps. LP Slash Elbow is the only safe one, so use that to pressure and engage (but don’t be predictable). If you stay on Q, he’ll have a hard time beating you.

the jumping fierce dive is good, if you can time it to come out asap at the earliest possible time because it even surprises me because its almost like cancleing your jump animation. nobody is usually ready to parry or block that soon.

also it can be good to use in the same way as 12 has his dives, as an evasion to something or to super jump long dive over a character or to get under a character that is jumping at the same time. and against urien it works good to try to land his air dive into urien when hes also in the air.

but use it maybe 1% of the time. i dont mean this to be a good move only that i dont feel it is so bad that you would have to never use it

Yeah, I should really update this thing. I’ve gotten a lot better, and I use a lot more of the moves I thought were useless now (even though their uses are still really limited).

i beasted a VERY BEASTY twelve player with alex …barely !

that twelve player stunned me too in fact ,

twelve got cornered , what happen in ther corner ?

getting hit by 2 STANDING FIERCE !!

1st is an anti air

2nd is an over head !

WOOT ! that’s the most rare thing ever did with alex .

Twelve is shit if he got reseted in the AIR and landed to the corner !!

from now on , ALEX’s standing strong is the best anti-air …

i’ve seen a copule of matches lately where the alex player uses sa1, one was zangoef against akuma and other one was against ibuki in kyushu 1. i don’t know about ibuki cuz no one around here plays with here although it could be useful against crossups, but against akuma it could be more useful than sa2 to stop air fireball/tatsu/hyaku shuu pressure.